Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A Sad Fact

After coming back to the Forums last December after another year long hiatus I found that most of the familiar faces present here.. Were no longer around.

The recent thread asking whatever happened to Aileron spiked my interest and MortalCreed's comment brought it to a head.

The players I was familiar with before and who I enjoyed seeing post (even if we disagreed over things at times) have left the Forums and some have quit the game as well. The main reason being due to their disenchantment with the game and the direction it's been going.

Aileron, who may have sounded negative most times, actually gave great feedback with evidence to back up his reasons AND alternative choices that could possibly help the situation. After over two years of that, and him noticeably growing more and more tired with his efforts, it seems he's finally hung up his DG Gear and left.

Others who I'd seen daily have become less active or left altogether. Zyz, Armo, MortalCreed, Arjun, Skenkee, heck even Curry rarely checks in nowadays.

I'm hoping that with Corrupted Gardens OTM can deliver something that makes it worth returning to the game, and brings our old playerbase back- and keeps them interested! Because I hate seeing those who have loved the game as much as me leave because of frustration.

I love everything that OTM has been doing for us, and I understand that their choices have to be based on the benefit of the company, but losing your veteran playerbase is a sad price to pay just to earn a few level 40 players who quit the next week..

We'll see when Gardens rolls around if we can bring our old guys back, and if it's what we've been asking for for quite a while now. Here's hoping :)
Would you kindly?

Re: A Sad Fact

I had been wondering about Aileron myself. I respected a lot of his opinions and found them valuable when it came to game play. I even went to that sever to talk to Avalon members when Danu first attempted Gelebron..and thanks to Avalon members advice, it went much smoother than our first attempts and we killed it! I hate to see this clan and It’s members disappear from game. Anexander has contributed a lot to the Celtic Heroes community as well and I’ve noticed he has no motivation to play. The Celtic Hero’s Database is one of the most useful sites, along with Biteys. I don’t want to see us lose contributors to game like these people.

The Dragon eggs were a debacle. Heavy Plat buyers stopped buying chests ..but it goes a lot deeper than that. Things we hoped would get fixed are still present and destroying people’s motivation to log. One of the biggest issues that people are getting fed up with are the spawn windows for end game raids. After it was changed to 36 -72 hours it became an endless grind of camping and further sucked the fun out of the game. Having 1.5 days to enjoy your main until it has to be parked for 36 hours is bull...

The Proteus loot table is still trash. This is an end game boss that end game players still very much need (the only thing otm got right with Proteus is the spawn window!). It’s being spawn killed daily by clans and 98% of the loot is getting Banked ...after two years clans still need attack bracers and I’m not just talking godly or imperial, even royals are like unicorns. Why bother with Proteus ? I’m sure the only reason some still do is the confluxes ..

The best gear still drops from bosses that’s been around for YEARS and in some cases people who are 40+ Levels or more above the boss’s level are fighting for this loot against new clans that have level lock advantage. There’s a entire thread on level lock so I won’t say much more ...

If OTM truly cares about the game they better listen to veterans and REALLY consider making changes that will improve people’s game play.

Gardens update needs to:
Bring The BEST loot to replace Mordris, Necro, Hrung items.
Abolish the insanely long spawn windows on ALL raid bosses.
Actually make raid boss loot tables worth the effort of killing them.

Show some love for the Tank class as well, because they got shafted major on Gelebron and Doch Gul.
Last edited by LadyNymeria on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

+1
TankingLife Level 227 Warrior
TankyToon Level 225 Ranger
TankyTooon Level 205 Druid
TankyToooon Level 216 Mage
Tankytooooon Level 140 Rogue
PrimalTank Level 222 Warrior
Odion Level 191 Rogue
CashMeOusside Level 144 Ranger
HowBowDah Level 144 Ranger

+1 balor has also come apart..end game players quited..clans became apart..main reason of this was we didnt have much more end game content to do..doing same dl edl and others few bosses for eg player had became tiring as clan pushed them to do even more for new player while those new player were not even much active nor had committed much into it and after getting their dl mostly those new player quitted which lead to a sadness in eg player as their work was for non...this made eg player leave clan as they had nothing more to do for themself....

hope garden will not take longer as we are waiting not just to play but also get our comrades back to game and have fun

Definitely, Nymeria. Anexander is another that I miss and wish to see return someday with fresh interest in the game, and there's so many more players who aren't on the Forums who have quit for the same reasons but have not voiced their opinions..

@Aiwa, it isn't even really about the fact that EG players don't have much to DO other than bossing, it's just that the problems with these bosses that haven't been fixed over the years are still there . It's really sad to see so many players offer feedback on this topic and see nothing happening..

Adding bosses WILL help BUT these bosses should incorporate the ideas that we have been offering over the years. I.e. better loot table, higher drop rates, smaller spawn windows, and being able to be beaten with a reasonable amount of players.

If Corrupted Gardens can provide this, as well as fix the problems stated previously, I would be fairly certain we would see our old friends return, and they'd be quite happy :)
Would you kindly?

It’s true that the next update will be the deciding factor for many people. Ik many clannies that have gone inactive due to repetitive content and boredom of the game. I personally myself haven’t been as active even though I do have the time available on my hands. Only reason I still keep playing occasionally and show up to raids a few times a week is because of the great ppl in my clan. Without that there’d be no motivation for me to continue tbh. I’ve talked to many older clannies and older players in general and most have said that the next update will either decide if they quit for good or come back, which is the case for me as well. really hoping the next update isn’t bad.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

And to make it easier for otm here’s a list of what I believe players want out of the next update:

- fixed boss drops (bosses that drop gear good for ppl around its level)

- class balancing (again, druids dps and such
)
- camping fix, it’s too tedious and doesn’t make the game feel like a game anymore

- proper rewards for quests/bosses and such (similar to fixed boss drops)

- pvp fixes

- more content, from what i can tell most players view cooking and fishing as another grind, rather than horizontal content

There’s a lot more that could be done (just can’t think right now) but fixing these issues would be a good start
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Definitely, Nymeria. Anexander is another that I miss and wish to see return someday with fresh interest in the game, and there's so many more players who aren't on the Forums who have quit for the same reasons but have not voiced their opinions..

@Aiwa, it isn't even really about the fact that EG players don't have much to DO other than bossing, it's just that the problems with these bosses that haven't been fixed over the years are still there . It's really sad to see so many players offer feedback on this topic and see nothing happening..

Adding bosses WILL help BUT these bosses should incorporate the ideas that we have been offering over the years. I.e. better loot table, higher drop rates, smaller spawn windows, and being able to be beaten with a reasonable amount of players.

If Corrupted Gardens can provide this, as well as fix the problems stated previously, I would be fairly certain we would see our old friends return, and they'd be quite happy :)
yeah fix drop rate,window,add new skill to each class(druid especially lvling is trouble),new areas will be good but add new boss and item....m done with same bosses for 7 yr(yeah some were added in time but its been some time since new boss was added) and thought is same with my clan members as we are end game clan...garden been a hope to all

Ladynym said it best.

Here’s my issues and why I’ve gone near completely inactive:

1. Best pet in the game comes from gambling on chests
2. Camping for hours and hours and hours and hours
3. Food from cooking is too OP. Cooking to win now? Nty
4. 2 people in Avalon have not been able to log for months because of duplicate usernames. No resolution from otm yet even with multiple tickets to support.
5. LEGACY EVERYTHING!
6. Very slow progress for end game content. It’s been over two years since we’ve seen anything new.
7. Level lock mechanics penalize end game players for leveling and doing bounties on end game bosses.
8. Mid range bosses are still farmed because of the luke warm drops from end game bosses.
9. Needing Alts for every boss
10. 6 Years is a really, really long time to play a mmo :)

Edited to add...

Watching my clan mates drop like flies out of frustration broke my heart. What was left in the game was my relationships and I stayed active for them. Six years in a clan together! That’s really something! I honestly believe nobody could ever do a better job as chief than Aileron. He was extremely diplomatic, hard working and fair. The amount of hours that man put into our dkp system was insane. In 6 Years I only know of only 1 squabble about gear. Maybe we will all come back for the garden update.