Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: OTM Penalizes Players for Levelling Above 220

If you are aware of level lock and still continue to level you are ultimately doing it to yourself. Level lock allows people who are starting out or most relevant and in need of items like quest armor items to have a their own chance. I have experienced losing bosses to a rival newer clan and winning bosses from an older dominant clan. Without other aspects of level lock being changed newer players just would not have a chance.

The reward for leveling past 220 is negligible imo once you are at this level you can equip everything and there is no higher boss level requirement to experience. Its like burning dollars to save pennies.
What you're saying then is players above 220 should stop doing bounties for pet and mount tokens then and stop being in lock group.
Dont most high lv players do bounties for the xps because theyre constantly trying to push higher. It is more reliable to buy tokens with gold if you are a f2p player thats what I've done. I already wouldnt want high level players in my lock group because I am aware of the level lock mechanic. This games too small in vertical content for level lock to just be removed and linear progression in improved raid loot from different higher level bosses would be boring. Most lv220's already have maxed pets anyway.
Not in my experience. There are quite a few f2p eg players that are doing bounties for tokens and wish they could turn off the xp because they have no desire to level any higher. There are limited lixing areas so if you're a higher level farming, you're constantly having to stop farming mobs so others can lix. And gold bosses are a lock battle craziness so it takes a long time to be able to farm enough gold to max out mounts and pets and so they use bounties for tokens.

So the game forces you to level if you are doing bounties even if you don't want xp off them and then penalizes you against locking monsters.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Just make it in a way that you don't need Frozen to be able to use DL. Meteoric upgrades to frozen is still fine because they are related. Same goes for DL to EDL. That way there won't be many higher levels making OW lockers to gear their main ( haha ).

If this happens there will be different routes for armor during low level ( boss drops/ mob drops/ buy from shop ) cuz ultimately you will be able to use DL either way when you reach appropriate level. Might have to buff Frozen armor a bit tho. It feels inferior when compared with others ( Ancient beast bone ). We're only getting frozen cuz its needed for DL, otherwise very few people will actually go for it.
Kiwi puff, Lvl 224 Ranger
Proud Guardian of Havoc, Morrigan.

Just make it in a way that you don't need Frozen to be able to use DL. Meteoric upgrades to frozen is still fine because they are related. Same goes for DL to EDL. That way there won't be many higher levels making OW lockers to gear their main ( haha ).

If this happens there will be different routes for armor during low level ( boss drops/ mob drops/ buy from shop ) cuz ultimately you will be able to use DL either way when you reach appropriate level. Might have to buff Frozen armor a bit tho. It feels inferior when compared with others ( Ancient beast bone ). We're only getting frozen cuz its needed for DL, otherwise very few people will actually go for it.
+1
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Target lock itself is fine and works as intended. Problems arise because lower level bosses still drop the best loot; there is little progression in this game. Lets look at Proteus, most of his rings are terrible, what a huge missed opportunity that was. The solution is obvious - make endgame bosses drop the best loot. Let's hope the Corrupted Gardens delivers in this regard.
Here's hoping :)
Would you kindly?

+1
God, yes +1
Would you kindly?

This is a great fix.
Wattzon of Sulis

Honestly though, the Warden-Meteoric-Frozen Questline makes sense as they all improve upon and utilize the past equipment. Same for the DL-EDL Quests.

Dragonlord isn't connected to the Warden armour at all. Story-wise Dragonlord armour wasn't even made for the Wardens, it was made "By Fingal for the purpose of fighting dragons".

Kiwi really did just point out the biggest reason why we get the bottleneck between Frozen and Dragonlord. Eliminating the (unnecessary) connection between the two armours would make the game better in every aspect for players of all levels.

Great job, Kiwi, you've just identified and given the simplest solution to this problem that none of us had thought of before :lol:

Even though we're waaaaayyyy of topic I'm glad we got this sorted. We should make a new thread specifically for this, then flood the +1's.
Would you kindly?

I have lost most of my motivation to play CH and I will say the level lock system is one of the reasons why I have lost it. High end players should never be penalized playing end game content. And the fact that there is a great many people that disagree with that statement just turns me off the game even more.

Just nothing more to be said...
A n e x a n d e r
Ranger of Avalon
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid.

+1 for this

Also adding all bosses hrung+ shouldn't have a lock penalty for "endgame boss" types.. if u want endgame level up and get more dps imo.. this has been debated for years 70-80% of the player base wants it gone.. I recall a petition a couple years back and the majority agreed to remove lock penalty for endgame bosses.. it either needs to be fixed or remove penalty for endgame entirely. Being over 230 and having it hurt gele lock is absurd.. as was stated previously this is the only mmo that has such a thing in it.. time for a overhaul of this system..

This is also the only MMO where there are no instances, that I can think of.

Just need bosses with significantly better drops so that we don't even need to kill these bosses, and other clans can progress.

Aileron has been advocating this change for years...
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.