Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: OTM Penalizes Players for Levelling Above 220

I've covered this topic many times in the past so I'll keep my reply brief.

First I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to provide their feedback and opinions on the topic, always good to view the topic again with a fresh perspective.

While there are many reasons for and against target lock one of the biggest topics we want to cover going forward is progression. With updates such as Corrupted Gardens (and beyond) we hope to address these concerns and divert the flow of clans away from older zone bosses and towards the new expansion bosses.

Naturally this may take a little time but we will be open and responsive to player feedback during this process, so be sure to sign up for testing when you can.

Thanks
Just make lvl lock stay the same after 220
If you mean that a 234 can lock a mob that is 220 without any disadvantage to someone that is 220 then +1
Yes
Hi

Can we address the aggro penalty for us tanks 220+? I find it quite irritating and absolutely pointless that someone in the lvl lock or lower range can come and steal aggro from my endgame tank with a few taunts or not being able to hold aggro on lower bosses because my taunts don't do anything to gain aggro on a boss.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Can we address the aggro penalty for us tanks 220+? I find it quite irritating and absolutely pointless that someone in the lvl lock or lower range can come and steal aggro from my endgame tank with a few taunts or not being able to hold aggro on lower bosses because my taunts don't do anything to gain aggro on a boss.
This is definitely a big issue imo as well. It makes no sense that a higher level tank with, in most cases, better gear and more points added into aggro skills, can lose aggro to lower level tanks so easily. This also helps opposing clans trying to grief eachother and can easily cause the raid to fail.

Big +1 on this absolutely no reason a high level tank needs to be out aggroed ._.

If you are aware of level lock and still continue to level you are ultimately doing it to yourself. Level lock allows people who are starting out or most relevant and in need of items like quest armor items to have a their own chance. I have experienced losing bosses to a rival newer clan and winning bosses from an older dominant clan. Without other aspects of level lock being changed newer players just would not have a chance.

The reward for leveling past 220 is negligible imo once you are at this level you can equip everything and there is no higher boss level requirement to experience. Its like burning dollars to save pennies.
Almost everything: I wear a 150/150/150 str/dex/vit spirestone bracer on one of my toons and it has a lvl 225 requirement. When I got the item before they nerfed the drops, it was defaulted to me since I was the only one at that level and could equip. Curious if spirestone bracers are the only 225 required item?

I love level lock, I think its definitely needed BUT[/size] how it is opperating in the game hurts the game. Instead of giving lower levels the ability to earn drops that are for their levels, like a level 90 being able to outlock a level 150 on Falgren, it has forced EG players to make low level toons to lock bosses, then use their mains to kill the bosses, in which the gear from those bosses is being used for their mains.
IMO level lock for mobs works fine with the current algorithm. But for bosses, I feel like OTM needs to develop a more specific formula for each boss depending on the drops. For hrung, maybe it should cut off at 205, for mordy 215, for gele, necro, and prot 240.
The current system doesn't reflect the intention of level lock, and that is what makes it broken.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I just cant understand the need to be lv 230 for 220 bosses when it only grants such a small boost compared to the effort it takes and loss of lock potential, for those who are aware of the level lock mechanics.
Yeah I hit 220 on a couple toons and said "dear God if I have to do more leveling, please put me out of my misery." There are good number of players that do their bounties daily for tokens that has caused them to level over time. If OTM would cut off the ability to gain xp, it would help quite a bit.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I just cant understand the need to be lv 230 for 220 bosses when it only grants such a small boost compared to the effort it takes and loss of lock potential, for those who are aware of the level lock mechanics.
Yeah I hit 220 on a couple toons and said "dear God if I have to do more leveling, please put me out of my misery." There are good number of players that do their bounties daily for tokens that has caused them to level over time. If OTM would cut off the ability to gain xp, it would help quite a bit.
I recommend equipping an Everstone upon reaching 220, works wonders
Would you kindly?