Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

@OTM, question about future classes/skills/weapons

Any plans to either add new skills/quest weapons to the game to allow for a bigger variety of builds/options?

Not really looking for a skill tree, rather, items in place to allow for wider variety.

Skills like rupture and skewer that require certain weapons to use. More choices for quest main/offhands that have divine damage etc.

I feel like we could get the effect of having skill trees/more classes simply by adding the appropriate items and skills.

Options:
Warrior - paladin, shadow knight, barbarian, duellist
Mage - fire mage, ice mage, summoner, necromancer
Druid - healer, monk (dps oriented), shaman (mix of buffs and dps), cleric (some skills that deal high damage to specific type mobs, but is mostly healer)
Ranger - ranger (long range bows/composite bow/longbow), hunter (minor support/companion pet/uses bow and daggers) , tracker ( mostly support oriented,can lay traps etc), scout (idk maybe a medium/heavy crossbow)
Rogue - assassin (glass cannon) , thief ( support/decent dps), burglar (support oriented), scoundrel (uses a variety of weapons)

I’m not saying to rename classes, I just gave examples of what adding skills and items could potentially create as a type of “class”. This could open the gate to allowing people to enjoy the game even more. There’s a reason why other big mmorpg’s have such a large player base. Players aren’t forced into one of two paths with only a handful of weapons to choose from.

Give players a reason to use a certain weapon/skill.

Thoughts OTM?

Re: @OTM, question about future classes/skills/weapons

Any plans to either add new skills/quest weapons to the game to allow for a bigger variety of builds/options?

Not really looking for a skill tree, rather, items in place to allow for wider variety.

Skills like rupture and skewer that require certain weapons to use. More choices for quest main/offhands that have divine damage etc.

I feel like we could get the effect of having skill trees/more classes simply by adding the appropriate items and skills.

Options:
Druid - healer, monk (dps oriented), shaman (mix of buffs and dps), cleric (some skills that deal high damage to specific type mobs, but is mostly healer)
Ranger - ranger (long range bows/composite bow/longbow), hunter (minor support/companion pet/uses bow and daggers) , tracker ( mostly support oriented,can lay traps etc), scout (idk maybe a medium/heavy crossbow)
Rogue - assassin (glass cannon) , thief ( support/decent dps), burglar (support oriented), scoundrel (uses a variety of weapons)

I’m not saying to rename classes, I just gave examples of what adding skills and items could potentially create as a type of “class”. This could open the gate to allowing people to enjoy the game even more. There’s a reason why other big mmorpg’s have such a large player base. Players aren’t forced into one of two paths with only a handful of weapons to choose from.

Thoughts OTM?
current weapons are fine.
220+Ranger
220+Mage
Plz add autoplay!

So you enjoy being like 95% of the server?

Guessing you live in a cookie cutter neighborhood as well.

Tell warriors with no true quest dps offhand that their weapon is fine. Tell rogues who have to deal with offhand skills that don’t stack that their weapon is fine.

The idea is to create a more dynamic Celtic Heroes. Not where everyone is a lemming because their is no other weapon choice, and lack of other skills to choose from.

We've established that skills could use an overhaul. This might not be a bad way of going about it.
It could be a good way to open up the druid DPS too.
(I do think that 3 roles per class would be plenty though.)

One concern that I have is that this could turn CH into every other MMO (I know this sounds like a lame excuse to dissuade "progress", but it is a valid concern; if CH loses its uniqueness, it could also lose its appeal and thus, its players.)

(If they do it right, +1 to the long list of skill/class revamp ideas.)

(As to the "it's fine" discussion: it is;
the game has clearly defined roles that are fulfilled quite well. They could use some rebalancing, but if they are tweaked too much, classes lose their roles. OTM makes small steps because there's risk in changing what is working well enough.)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Ghost, your view of classes is very narrow minded. I've been gaming for 20+ years and this is one of the only games that severely limits what classes are and can do.

If classes are meant for a certain role, why is there even dps items for warriors and druids? Might as well just make them be tanks and healers from the start so they get a taste of end game life, right?

There's nothing wrong with being like other games. It comes down to who can execute it better. There's a reason why WoW and EverQuest have/had HUGE player bases. Order and Chaos has and had a huge player base for a mobile game.

You don't think that adding more variety to classes would bring in more players?

Options:

Thoughts OTM?
+1
This would fix the lack of classes, add diversity and make the game more fun.
Hi