Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Yet another DKP system.

If we earned dkp, why should we be penalized because rl took us away from game for a little? I dont think this is an appropriate dkp system, because not really fair, not everyone chooses to go inactive... you should get and keep your dkp until it's gone i believe
Depends if you believe the current active players should have the better gear over inactive players. You know we had multiple times where someone had insanely high dkp, took a break, but would bid on void and godly items in case they came back one day. And hardly any did.. So you have great gear sitting on toons that will never use them instead of toons that would be using them.
If we earned dkp, why should we be penalized because rl took us away from game for a little? I dont think this is an appropriate dkp system, because not really fair, not everyone chooses to go inactive... you should get and keep your dkp until it's gone i believe
Depends if you believe the current active players should have the better gear over inactive players. You know we had multiple times where someone had insanely high dkp, took a break, but would bid on void and godly items in case they came back one day. And hardly any did.. So you have great gear sitting on toons that will never use them instead of toons that would be using them.
Yea, I find that once a player drops from being very active to unactive, or maybe "coming back" just becuase update, it isnt the same, they usually go inactive again. Only cases where I see people truly come back from being inactive is when stuff in real life forces them to take a break like work, travels, etc, rather than disinterest in the game. I have played a lot of mobile games and once you lose interest, the game is really not the same, you usually find another game, and log the old one just to say hi to old friends.
Last edited by Leonidas IV on Wed May 16, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here in gwydion we have a dkp system with a sort of attendance to it, forget exact details but if you don’t go to a boss for like a month you are not allowed to bid on whatever you have not attended. An example is player A hasn’t logged for a 2 month and a void moon helm drops and they bid on it it won’t be allowed since they have not recieved dkp in the allotted time thus making their bid void. To gain access to bids it is simply attend a boss that increase that certain KP like for us to get dkp you need to attend snorri legit/hrung/necro/mord
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

Here in gwydion we have a dkp system with a sort of attendance to it, forget exact details but if you don’t go to a boss for like a month you are not allowed to bid on whatever you have not attended. An example is player A hasn’t logged for a 2 month and a void moon helm drops and they bid on it it won’t be allowed since they have not recieved dkp in the allotted time thus making their bid void. To gain access to bids it is simply attend a boss that increase that certain KP like for us to get dkp you need to attend snorri legit/hrung/necro/mord
Honestly that's a very good idea.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

I like the idea, pretty thought out but in my opinion i prefer our dkp system already in place, would like it better to have innactive players after 1-2 months of innactivity (unless something like a child born or an accident or moving locations etc happens) have a decay to a minimal amount like 10k and still require 70 attends by end of month for imp-godly/void gear
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

All good feedback.
Idk that this is any better (all the rates would vary based on the player base, so if players fluctuated, the system would break down), but this was an attempt to find the best of both worlds.
(I think it could work, but it would likely take more maintenance than most :D)
In case it's not obvious, I've not ever been part of a running DKP system, so pretty much all of this is conjecture and hypotheticals lol

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com