Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Name Scamming

What is OTM's policy regarding players purposely creating lvl 1 characters mimicking the name of a known player for the purpose of scamming gear and items from others?

They may use a 1 or upper case i (or something similar) to mimic a persons name and then try to scam others into giving them their items based on that persons reputation.

Would OTM take action against such a blatant act (and if so what and what proof is necessary) or would they turn a blind eye to it?
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Re: Name Scamming

I guess you're talking about the same giy who just scammed me on donn, he faked the name of my clannie and asked for mount and scammed me, hes using names of people we trust and take advantage..
- CONCORDIIA - DONN -
Caercyn ivory, Mage 232
Aka bowjob, ranger 228
Roguey balboa, rogue 190
Shift happens, druid 164
Hans0l0, rogue 154

We have a lot of that in Fingal right now. We've resorted to just telling people if they want to borrow something to contact us out of game. That and never trade a level 1 anything over
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Same problem on Morrigan. This is obviously spreading like a virus.
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

Please report these players with as much information as possible. We can and do take action when needed.

They use alts level 1 to scam then send the scammed stuff to another level 1 toon and sell them in auction house , the money they get for the sold items they send to their main toons so it's impossible for players to track the real identity of the scammers but I'm pretty sure Tracking scammers is very easy to OTM via ip adresses or other ways, that's why we need your help to stop the scammers and demand strict punishments and penalties for them not just a warning
- CONCORDIIA - DONN -
Caercyn ivory, Mage 232
Aka bowjob, ranger 228
Roguey balboa, rogue 190
Shift happens, druid 164
Hans0l0, rogue 154

We have a lot of that in Fingal right now. We've resorted to just telling people if they want to borrow something to contact us out of game. That and never trade a level 1 anything over
Please, just be careful.
Would you kindly?

What is OTM's policy regarding players purposely creating lvl 1 characters mimicking the name of a known player for the purpose of scamming gear and items from others?

They may use a 1 or upper case i (or something similar) to mimic a persons name and then try to scam others into giving them their items based on that persons reputation.

Would OTM take action against such a blatant act (and if so what and what proof is necessary) or would they turn a blind eye to it?
Players found to be creating multiple toons with similar names to existing players for the purpose of scamming will be subject to the disciplinary procedure.

While we do encourage players to always check who you are trading with and to never lend items to other players that does not mean we will not take action against those found to be doing so.

Please report these players either in-game, via email at Support@onethumbmobile.com or to myself by PM. With the details of character names involved and details of the offence.

Players found to be creating multiple toons with similar names to existing players for the purpose of scamming will be subject to the disciplinary procedure.

While we do encourage players to always check who you are trading with and to never lend items to other players that does not mean we will not take action against those found to be doing so.

Please report these players either in-game, via email at Support@onethumbmobile.com or to myself by PM. With the details of character names involved and details of the offence.

I believe we are all aware of trading stuff to people we don't know, but these guys are scamming by impersonating close friends to us, when a clannie that I trust so much ask me for something to borrow I don't think about it twice and the last thing that comes on my mind is that it's not him since it's something new happening for the first time , and all those who got scammed had no idea such thing is possible ( to create a toon with the exact same name using lower case letters so people can't tell the difference like what happened to all of us) so in this case it's different, If he only gets a warning or the level 1 toon gets banned but he gets to keep the stuff he scammed on main that's not gonna stop him.. Maybe ban the IP address from playing the game or creating more toon's if that's possible? Or take all the main toon's stuff and gold and share with those he scammed to teach him a lesson or even ban forever?
- CONCORDIIA - DONN -
Caercyn ivory, Mage 232
Aka bowjob, ranger 228
Roguey balboa, rogue 190
Shift happens, druid 164
Hans0l0, rogue 154

I believe we are all aware of trading stuff to people we don't know, but these guys are scamming by impersonating close friends to us, when a clannie that I trust so much ask me for something to borrow I don't think about it twice and the last thing that comes on my mind is that it's not him since it's something new happening for the first time , and all those who got scammed had no idea such thing is possible ( to create a toon with the exact same name using lower case letters so people can't tell the difference like what happened to all of us) so in this case it's different, If he only gets a warning or the level 1 toon gets banned but he gets to keep the stuff he scammed on main that's not gonna stop him.. Maybe ban the IP address from playing the game or creating more toon's if that's possible? Or take all the main toon's stuff and gold and share with those he scammed to teach him a lesson or even ban forever?
Unfortunately not everyone is honest and there are people out there that have no qualms about ripping someone off. Anymore you have to look at thr toons level you're trading before clicking that final trade option and/or telling them to contact you outside of game. Better to be safe than sorry.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue