Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Name Scamming

Very true unfortunately , i totally agree with you, i want to thank OTM for giving my stuff back any my clannies stuff too and banning the scammer, great job thank you very much
- CONCORDIIA - DONN -
Caercyn ivory, Mage 232
Aka bowjob, ranger 228
Roguey balboa, rogue 190
Shift happens, druid 164
Hans0l0, rogue 154

This has been a long time issue on Arawn. We always advise members to ask in clan chat to verify before trading, check the level of the toon and use common sense as most high level toons would not be borrowing gear as they have been playing long enough to have their own gear. It's very good to see OTM addressing this issue for servers. Thank you!
Arawn
LadyJade ~ Druid level 228
Chief of Resurgence

I mailed support and included 2 screens that a clannie sent me of the person trying to scam. I want to have faith that OTM will indeed take action against them but based on what I've read from users so far it seems it's FAR from likely.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Very true unfortunately , i totally agree with you, i want to thank OTM for giving my stuff back any my clannies stuff too and banning the scammer, great job thank you very much
If otm gave you your stuff back then I will be pissed. Me and my clannies were scammed and we were told they wouldn’t return our items. Muldar If this is true then something needs to happen.

Muldar wrote:
Artisan wrote:
What is OTM's policy regarding players purposely creating lvl 1 characters mimicking the name of a known player for the purpose of scamming gear and items from others?

They may use a 1 or upper case i (or something similar) to mimic a persons name and then try to scam others into giving them their items based on that persons reputation.

Would OTM take action against such a blatant act (and if so what and what proof is necessary) or would they turn a blind eye to it?

Players found to be creating multiple toons with similar names to existing players for the purpose of scamming will be subject to the disciplinary procedure.

While we do encourage players to always check who you are trading with and to never lend items to other players that does not mean we will not take action against those found to be doing so.

Please report these players either in-game, via email at Support@onethumbmobile.com or to myself by PM. With the details of character names involved and details of the offence.

I believe we are all aware of trading stuff to people we don't know, but these guys are scamming by impersonating close friends to us, when a clannie that I trust so much ask me for something to borrow I don't think about it twice and the last thing that comes on my mind is that it's not him since it's something new happening for the first time , and all those who got scammed had no idea such thing is possible ( to create a toon with the exact same name using lower case letters so people can't tell the difference like what happened to all of us) so in this case it's different, If he only gets a warning or the level 1 toon gets banned but he gets to keep the stuff he scammed on main that's not gonna stop him.. Maybe ban the IP address from playing the game or creating more toon's if that's possible? Or take all the main toon's stuff and gold and share with those he scammed to teach him a lesson or even ban forever?

My name is RedRidingH00d. Four weeks ago I was scammed along with my long RL Friend who plays, her name being Frosty Foxy. We had a similiar situation to the above comment, where the scammer impersonated my friend to scam me using a false Level one by the name of Frsoty Foxy. She to was scammed with some one personating my name. Two rides were scamed, a Boar and Horse, since then the scammers have been kicked from InnerCircle and Eternal Circle. While i have always been very careful in trading, i naver once questioned why my Girlfriend would like my horse back and the same as she when apparentley i asked for my Boar back we both traded to a devious scammer both resembling names to ourselves, but when you are in depth conversation back and forth and the fake scammer name slips in, it is so easy to unfortunatley be fooled by this. Any type of scamming is hideous, but this one in particular is sinister, because they have played two clannies at the same time, forming false look alike names, abusing their friendships, and down right stealing their hard earned posessions. It was when the scammer said.....”You have been scammed ***” I looked at the name closer, and then level, and realised that it was a fake name Frsoty Foxy. I have contacted support a number of times and written once here. I do apologise for any noobish techniques I may be displaying on the forums, but in all honesty I am a typical Mum who is not quite sure how to use these apps, so I have had to call upon my friends to help me. I know this is a busy season, and quite hectic for OTM but I do plead that you will look at my case and all others that have been scammed in this fashion, and return our items please. It would make a wonderful Christmas present/New Year/ Holiday Season.
Love from Reddy
InnerCircle
Rhiannon.

Hi It is Reddy, It is now my fifth week since Frosty Foxy and my toon RedRidingH00d were scammed of my horse and boar with a Level One fake toon called Frsoty Foxy, and it was obvious that a fake RedRidingH00d was made to scam Frosty Foxy. We have both written to support and on Forums, regardng the fake name made to steal our goods. Would you please look at replacing my Horse and Boar. I have sent previous pictures to help you out with this, and I truly hope the out come will be a positive one. ❤️

To me this is complete ***. Me and 3 of my crannies were ripped off the same god damn way and otm said “sorry we can’t give items back” I want to know why one person can but when I was scammed I was told to bad. Oh well. Better luck next time.

This has become a big problem, and I have a feeling its a small group of players doing it on multiple servers.
Whatever "action" OTM has been taking isn't working. Due to the nature of these scams account bans are not sufficient. IP and device bans are the only way to truely mitigate the scams.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

We're currently looking at implementing more restrictions to features such as trading to better prevent this from our end.

A key tip: NEVER TRADE WITH A LEVEL 1. Pay attention to who the trade is with. Yes, it's little more effort, but the information is there.