Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Culinary Mage Recipes

I’ve been farming the culinary mages daily with friends since Food of the Gods update. Normally we kill several times a day ..we have never seen a recipe drop. As far as I know exactly one book has dropped in Danu since the update with several people farming them ..some people have just given up because the rarity is too extreme. I don’t mind the recipes being somewhat rare, but you would think we would have at least one more book out of close to 1000 ingredients. The loot table needs an adjustment so we can actually use all these useless ingredients.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Re: Culinary Mage Recipes

Please don’t adjust the drop rate on these. If you change the drop rates so it drops more frequent then we will eventually start crying about the useless recipes that drop. As it is now I’m stuck farming these bosses trying to get ingredients for the few recipes we have. It will be a bonus if another book drops. I hope for the sake of keeping culinary boss farming a thing that book rates don’t increase.

I would be in favor of each boss dropping 3 items instead of 1-3
Last edited by Sweefish on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

Yes, we are unlucky. The other person got a book with a one time kill. The randomness of this game is too much sometimes. Tbh, the only reason people wouldnt want it adjusted ...they don’t want the competition to have a better chance at acquiring them. Ingriedents can always be used...if people have the means to cook them. And atm I’m only person in Danu with any use for lemon curds and meringue smh

I would also be in favor of increasing the drops to guarantee 3 drops per Mage, that would automatically better the chances to get recipes without increasing drop rates of those specifically.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

I have been religiously killing these cooking bosses too and just got 2 books which is for the same recipe (Filet Mignon). My clannies even try to help but I have given up... The books drop rate is just ridiculously too low... :(
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: SizeMatters
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 225/224/170-224-233-226-225

Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.

The drop rate is indeed excruciatingly low for the recipe books - especially for the work involved with killing these mini-bosses every 15 minutes or so. I don't think OTM thought it through regarding how much work has become involved in their game. How is this fun?

I was the first to start solo farming these mobs on Danu.
I was the first to stop as well.
100+ solo kills, no book.. half a trillion useless ingredients.
Another well thought out game update OTM.
TankingLife Level 227 Warrior
TankyToon Level 225 Ranger
TankyTooon Level 205 Druid
TankyToooon Level 216 Mage
Tankytooooon Level 140 Rogue
PrimalTank Level 222 Warrior
Odion Level 191 Rogue
CashMeOusside Level 144 Ranger
HowBowDah Level 144 Ranger

Really the developers need to review the psychology of keeping people addicted to something (CH in this case). Players need payoffs for their efforts at reasonable intervals to keep them playing, with the hope for a big payoff. That’s how slot machines, video poker, and other games work. Nobody is going to play a slot machine if it never pays out anything except a one in a million jackpot. Players get little jolts to the pleasure center in their brain and it makes them keep playing.

Just grinding with seemingly no payoff (killing hundreds of culinarians for one recipe book) will just make people quit trying.

The dragons are a related phenomena - an item that gives the user basically superpowers, but is completely unattainable to most players. Really, how many people are going to (or could) spend thousands of rl dollars to buy a virtual dragon in a game on their phone? If I see somebody on the game with a level 6 dragon, I feel sorry for them - they obviously have a problem and need help.
Mabon Wolfgang Clansman
Mukk 228 Warrior
Painbringer 226 Rogue
Mukkdruid 221 Druid
Other assorted lowbie toons

You guys apparently don’t understand the concept of farming or the framework of horizontal content

Horizontal content

Content designed for players to have to be active in separate from the main gameplay. It drives me nuts to hear the whiners who want to take away the depth of the game. If you had access to all the recipe books and didn’t have to farm them then you would be complaining at how stagnant the game is. As a high level chef that only has one recipe book I wouldn’t mind if it takes months to get them all. I finally have something to do that isn’t mindless standing at a boss waiting for it to spawn. And I’ve farmed hundreds of these bosses - I can’t get enough ingredients. Do you realize the food you can cook is end game, raid level, difference making, game changing food? My clan mates and I have killed over 300 of these bosses and only got 2 recipes, and are quite pleased with the fact that that has happened. It would water down the game if it was easy to adjust your says so easily. The difference this food makes is more drastic that most royal level raid gear.

Farming

The act of repeatedly doing something to obtain materials or to obtain that rare drop. Every successful, fun, end game based mmorpg has an element of farming. I am glad to see CH add an additional farming outlet that isn’t armor based. In other games I’ve killed mobs for weeks, even months trying to get that one desired item. It’s part of the game. It’s what gives it its richness. I remember how thrilled I was when I got that one recipe that i personally own, I immediately went to our clan media site and posted how excited I was and that I was ready to start cooking for the clan. That would have been taken away if the drop rate wasn’t as rare as it is. (I had to kill about 120 or more mobs to get that book). I would much rather spend hours farming and getting ingredients that I’ll be able to eventually use to help the clan out (or sell the food if you are a selfish player) than to spend hours killing mobs for exp and not getting anything that helps anyone out.

Please please please do not change the drop rate of the books, rather look at making each mob drop 3 items instead of the random 1-3.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.