Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

PvP Upgrades?

PvP is probably one of the most exciting and fun aspects of the game and I believe that it should be expanded.
My suggestions would be to expand the arena itself, maybe adding a map where you have to destroy each other's bases. Duels with bets could be cool and matches against other players like a ladder where you face off with players your level. You could bet on players on a board like the AH rn and that could be a good way of making money.
I also believe that PvP should be up with fishing and cooking rather than at the rock bottom.
Again those are all suggestions, but if someday this could be possible I would find much more opportunity in the game.
Name: arkhamasylum 220 Rogue

World: Taranis

Clan: Revival

Re: PvP Upgrades?

PVP overhaul is 100% needed... but I feel that OTM needs to focus on Corrupted Gardens first.
Now that I got my void gele bolt wand I wana kill some new stuff :P
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I personally hate pvp, but I agree with the previous posters that more could be done to improve the experience for others. I like the creative idea about being able to pair up against players your own level. Right now the arena is free for all. A level 220 can one shot a level 10 if they choose to, and this lessens the experience for newer players.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

That's not quite possible. At least need a complete skill system overhaul to do some intelligent pvp. Where's the warrior charge or do you seriously expect 2 players to abide by some code of honor, stand next to each other and start hacking their weapons? The only crowd control skill from mage is like w**, Freeze? Does this game even bother to do player hp scaling during pvp so that 1-2 shot wins are impossible? How about the emphasis on player levels throughout this great and 'UNIQUE' game (as above posters), can it be removed during pvp?

Lots of hurdles. Because the developer created a 'PVP MODE' just for show, so that they can use it for advertising their game. They are taking cheap potshots at new players, gambling that they can hook up these players with other aspects of the game. Once the players have invested real money or significant amount of time, they would let off the fact that they were looking for a game with pvp initially.

For those who are still engaging in melee pvp, please stop. It is painful to watch. The herd mentality is certainly strong in this game.