Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The issue with Celtic heroes

From Units and Colors in Arawn to Aeq in Balor, Celtic heroes seems to get its fair share of negativity. Of course this is normal for a game, but ive just recently come back from a break just to see even more drama. Clearly this will never stop, but OTM refuses to adress the issue publicly, and if they wont i will. I think its time we start doing something about these monopoly clans and scammers. Celtic heroes isnt even fun anymore. The only thriving server is Epona, and the rest are either dead or in some type of drama. Stop. I am making this post because I dont know a permanant solution to the problem but maybe one of you do. Please reply. Thank you
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Re: The issue with Celtic heroes

The short answer is, there isn’t a fix. Human nature is human nature, and there are always going to be egomanical jerks who think that they deserve more than others.

There isn’t really a way to avoid that, unfortunately, aside from having clan leaders decide that they don’t want that in their clan. However that usually ends with the drama people starting their own clan and causing trouble that way. As for scammers, again, the only way to avoid that is to be careful.

CH community is still pretty good overall, don’t get your hopes down, but there definitely can be rough patches that you just need to endure.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

From Units and Colors in Arawn to Aeq in Balor, Celtic heroes seems to get its fair share of negativity. Of course this is normal for a game, but ive just recently come back from a break just to see even more drama. Clearly this will never stop, but OTM refuses to adress the issue publicly, and if they wont i will. I think its time we start doing something about these monopoly clans and scammers. Celtic heroes isnt even fun anymore. The only thriving server is Epona, and the rest are either dead or in some type of drama. Stop. I am making this post because I dont know a permanant solution to the problem but maybe one of you do. Please reply. Thank you
I think a big problem is how long it takes for the monopoly clans to get the loot they want from a raid. If we use Hrung for example, my clan no longer camps it, we only kill if we get lucky and see its up, why? theres nothing anybody really wants bad enough from it to give incentive to camp it. If we got loot at a faster rate it would lead to less camping on many bosses from the monopoly clan and more clans having the chance to get loot from those bosses instead, in the current situation the non dom clans go inactive due to end game being ruined for them. 4 years of monopolising mordy and necro and we still don't have everything we need so of course we wont even give them a second look at those bosses.
Last edited by Itachi1917 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think a big problem is how long it takes for the monopoly clans to get the loot they want from a raid. If we use Hrung for example, my clan no longer camps it, we only kill if we get lucky see its up, why? theres nothing anybody really wants bad enough from it to give incentive to camp it. If we got loot at a faster rate it would lead to less camping on many bosses from the monopoly clan and more clans having the chance to get loot from those bosses instead if the currently the non dom clans going inactive due to end game being ruined for them. 4 years of monopolising mordy and necro and we still don't have everything we need so of course we wont even give them a second look at those bosses.
1+
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama

In a world of limited resources, conflict and competition is unavoidable. Eventually one group of people will rise above the rest.

OTM designed their game to be "competitive" with clans fighting over bosses and loot and whatnot. That is the game.
Epona is different because its players are happy and satisfied about not competing with each other.

However, I think OTM should realize that there aren't enough bosses/loot to go around among clans in the server. Clan monopolization of raid bosses is simply a side effect.
That is why CH growth is stunted and many players leave the game before getting to the endgame. Once a player feels its futile to compete, they're gone.
If a high level clan can progress past lower level bosses and stop killing it so lower clan can take their turn, then the game would have more player activity.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

yeah many clans got multiple geles this weekend thanks to the resets i heard epona did not, so although they may be "thriving" seems like its a server eg players often avoid.
Geles in Epona are scheduled either 2gt or 20gt. When a reset happens we go through all raid bosses. And leave Gele at his schedule. We failed twice only because of lag not because EGs are avoiding. There has not been a failed Gele prior the lags across servers in Epona. When he is scheduled it's wechatted what is needed etc and people come and kill it.

No need to state which server is thriving it is very obvious just check the world posts for people wanting to transfer in. ;)
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: SizeMatters
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 225/224/170-224-233-226-225

Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.