Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: CH Purely Pay To Win Gaming? Yes/No

Here are a few definitions I found on Pay to win:

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without
Plat buyers get level 6 mounts and pets faster than those that solely rely on bounty board and AH.
Are mounts and pets considered items that unbalanced the game lock battles? You betcha.
By your very own definition, CH is pay to win. Thanks for settling the debate..
Lol ok? That's not Pay to win... again lmao. It's pay to progress quicker. I know plenty of people that have gotten 100%+ mounts without spending a dime
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without
Plat buyers get level 6 mounts and pets faster than those that solely rely on bounty board and AH.
Are mounts and pets considered items that unbalanced the game lock battles? You betcha.
Sick roast haha

When a game is p2w your not shelling out $20 to instantly win gele, your shelling out $20 to give you a significant advantage at gele over the ones who didn't pay that $20

So if all the plat was made no trade lixs and so on you won’t be doing any bosses only the plat buyers are going to be killing bosses, thus leading to winning over the non plat buyers who can’t kill a boss without lixs and restos/Rez

In the end it is still p2w since someone has to buy plat in order for everyone to have the lix to kill bosses
SOMEONE has to buy, and that someone is not everyone... so it's not a pay to win lmao. In GoW, you YOURSELF must spend money to reach the top. When I played that game I received tons of help from fellow players, but no matter how much help I received it was never enough to reach the top... not even close.

You guys don't understand what a pay to win game is. I suggest you go out and play a REAL pay to win game for a solid 2-3 months without spending anything. Go do that before you start accusing Otm of pay to win
Last edited by Zkills on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Sick roast haha

When a game is p2w your not shelling out $20 to instantly win gele, your shelling out $20 to give you a significant advantage at gele over the ones who didn't pay that $20
ok so only 1 or 2 worlds have competition at gele? I bet you that every person that shows for a raid on both sides shows with lixs. So where's the advantage? i also bet that no one throws $20 for every gele raid. If you run out of heroic lixs/restos/idols I bet you won't buy 100 chests to try and restock yourself, instead you'll buy some off of other players, or maybe even get them for free from clannies. There's so many plat items floating around the market that pay to win is non existent, because instead of spending money you could just go to the ingame market and buy some off of other players

Sick roast haha

ok so only 1 or 2 worlds have competition at gele? I bet you that every person that shows for a raid on both sides shows with lixs. So where's the advantage? i also bet that no one throws $20 for every gele raid. If you run out of heroic lixs/restos/idols I bet you won't buy 100 chests to try and restock yourself, instead you'll buy some off of other players, or maybe even get them for free from clannies. There's so many plat items floating around the market that pay to win is non existent, because instead of spending money you could just go to the ingame market and buy some off of other players
Not too long ago Fingal server was dry of lix. Players couldn't find hastes, xps, or restos. And since the aeon chests hadn't come out, plat buyers had no incentive to buy plat unless they themselves need plat items. And since there was really nothing to buy in the game, they weren't selling plat items to stock up on gold. Fingal wasn't thr only server in this situation. Now on one particular server, one clan had a good number of players that were willing to buy plat to supply lix like hastes and attack lix. The opposing clan didn't hardly have any plat buyers and so one clan was showing up to necro and mord and proteus completely lixed out and the other wasn't. The clan that had the lix because players spent money dominated and won every boss. The other clan did not. So because some players were willing to pay, they were winning. The group with the largest amount of paying players were winning. The fact that players choose to sell their plat items doesn't suddenly make the game not p2w. You're stuck on this because you don't have to spend cash it's not p2w.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

This Game does have pay to win aspects. However there are probably a lot more non plat players that are more successful in this game than plat buyers and it shows that you don't need to spend a dime and still be good at the game .The only people complaining its pay to win are the ones who don't wana buy plat OTM needs someway to make money or else you wouldn't be playing.
----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

This Game does have pay to win aspects. However there are probably a lot more non plat players that are more successful in this game than plat buyers and it shows that you don't need to spend a dime and still be good at the game .The only people complaining its pay to win are the ones who don't wana buy plat OTM needs someway to make money or else you wouldn't be playing.
Exactly, only the forum rebels that arnt satisfied with anything would claim that the game is pay to win and they will go to the end of the world trying to argue their point because hevean forbids them from being wrong every now and then.

I throw actual facts that I had to research for and they still argue against it

Is Celtic Heroes p2w? No. Why? Go back and reread my posts for a clear explanation with actual facts.

Does Celtic Heroes have pay to win aspects? Yes, it's how Otm generates money to keep moving forward.

End... of... discussion...

Exactly, only the forum rebels that arnt satisfied with anything would claim that the game is pay to win and they will go to the end of the world trying to argue their point because hevean forbids them from being wrong every now and then.

I throw actual facts that I had to research for and they still argue against it

Is Celtic Heroes p2w? No. Why? Go back and reread my posts for a clear explanation with actual facts.

Does Celtic Heroes have pay to win aspects? Yes, it's how Otm generates money to keep moving forward.

End... of... discussion...
If I recall you used a fact to define p2w someone used it against you and you proceeded to say that’s not p2w you had lost credibility after that post honestly

Lol ok? That's not Pay to win... again lmao. It's pay to progress quicker. I know plenty of people that have gotten 100%+ mounts without spending a dime
No such thing as p2pq sorry just a said attempt to not use that fact you put as a fact “if” it is one
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

Pay to progress quicker? Theres a term for that, its called "pay to win" lol....
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

Getting a 100% mount isn't "winning the game" lmao. Such low aspirations and goals....

The OP and Zkills insist it's not pay to win. The rest of players do. We can leave it at that.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.