Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: CH Purely Pay To Win Gaming? Yes/No

Well next necro, proteus, and gele we do, we'll have everyone not use lix, Idols, and restos. I'm thinking we might fail instead of win those fights.
You don’t need plat for that.
But someone has to buy plat and put the items on the market.
They are available through bounty rewards as well. Yes, it would take more time. But an individual doesn't need to buy plat to raid.

You noobs must mean it's a Pay Gold to Win? Cause I don't understand the logic lol. I don't have to spend a single cent when raiding besides ingame gold... that's not paying to win cause I didn't have to buy any plat lol.

The fact that I don't need to spend any money to stay caught up with those who do spend clearly shows that this game isn't pay to win. I suggest stop giving this game a bad title
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

You noobs must mean it's a Pay Gold to Win? Cause I don't understand the logic lol. I don't have to spend a single cent when raiding besides ingame gold... that's not paying to win cause I didn't have to buy any plat lol.

The fact that I don't need to spend any money to stay caught up with those who do spend clearly shows that this game isn't pay to win. I suggest stop giving this game a bad title
Your view is so narrow and only looks at yourself. CH is NOT A SINGLE PLAYER game. But let's say there are only 40 players in your world who spent 0 cents and by some miracle everyone made it to level 220 without buying plat for lixes, idols, and HOTBARS.

Now try to kill Gelebron without using plat items. Can't do it right? At least one of you need to shell out the cash to buy lixes and idols. Bounties and Fishing to get idols and pots? lol good luck with that.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

You don't have to spend money because someone else did. P2W isn't giving the game a bad title. There's nothing wrong with P2W. I'm willing to bet you'd change your opinion if thr plat buyers formed 1 clan and you couldn't join unless you bought plat and the plat buyers stopped selling plat items to other players. This would mean you'd depend on bounties for all mount tokens and haste lix and attack lix and restos and Idols. I'm pretty sure you'd either have to start buying plat or accept the plat buyers were going to win a majority of thr bosses.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Your view is so narrow and only looks at yourself. CH is NOT A SINGLE PLAYER game. But let's say there are only 40 players in your world who spent 0 cents and by some miracle everyone made it to level 220 without buying plat for lixes, idols, and HOTBARS.

Now try to kill Gelebron without using plat items. Can't do it right? At least one of you need to shell out the cash to buy lixes and idols. Bounties and Fishing to get idols and pots? lol good luck with that.
lol all MMOs are not single player games... and some clearly are Pay to win (like GoW) while other arnt (like CH). Using plat items DOESNT make a game pay to win. Pay to win would be EVERYONE having to buy plat themselves to down the boss, not only a few... this would only be the case IF plat items were NO TRADE... but since that's NOT the case, this game is NOT Pay to win, but has PAY TO WIN ASPECTS instead.

Used caps so u could see the main points. YES, I understand what you are saying and YES I use plat items on every raid (locker ranger ftw), BUT I'm sorry to say that your view of pay to win is incorrect and you going around saying this game is pay to win creates a bad vibe to not only those just starting out, but those that may potentially want to start this game.

With the introduction of cooking, those pay to win aspects grow smaller and smaller (high lvl cooking is mega op).

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

lol all MMOs are not single player games... and some clearly are Pay to win (like GoW) while other arnt (like CH). Using plat items DOESNT make a game pay to win. Pay to win would be EVERYONE having to buy plat themselves to down the boss, not only a few... this would only be the case IF plat items were NO TRADE... but since that's NOT the case, this game is NOT Pay to win, but has PAY TO WIN ASPECTS instead.

Used caps so u could see the main points. YES, I understand what you are saying and YES I use plat items on every raid (locker ranger ftw), BUT I'm sorry to say that your view of pay to win is incorrect and you going around saying this game is pay to win creates a bad vibe to not only those just starting out, but those that may potentially want to start this game.

With the introduction of cooking, those pay to win aspects grow smaller and smaller (high lvl cooking is mega op).
Clearly you just don’t know what pay to win means, all your saying is no it’s not pay to win because I have a completely different definition of the word to everybody on this thread.

If a game has microtransactions that give players a competitive edge, it is classified as pay to win. Some games are worse then others yes never the less all pay to win.

Clearly you just don’t know what pay to win means, all your saying is no it’s not pay to win because I have a completely different definition of the word to everybody on this thread.

If a game has microtransactions that give players a competitive edge, it is classified as pay to win. Some games are worse then others yes never the less all pay to win.
That's not Pay to win lmao, that's Pay to progress faster. Most free games offer pay to progress faster like in ch... while others such as GoW, it is literally impossible to reach the top without paying. Micro transactions DOES NOT mean the game is immediately pay to win.

Here are a few definitions I found on Pay to win:

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."

"In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free. Critics of such games call them "pay-to-win" (p2w) games."

"It means "pay to win". Generally, it's used to describe games that have a cash store where game items can be bought with real money, and those items are perceived as too big of an advantage."

In conclusion, a P2W game has micro transactions that offer boosts ONLY to the buyer to give him a significant advantage over free to play players. But in ch getting lixs is so easy to get without plat that this game can't be Pay to win and is rather Pay to progress faster because instead of grinding gold and finding someone selling plat items, you could instead just skip all of that and buy the stuff right away. Now if plat items were all no trade than this game would be without a doubt a pay to win game, but since plat items are widely available for anyone ingame without the need of cash, that makes this game NOT A PAY TO WIN (can't say it enough to you noobs).

An example would be: Spend $20 now for VIP which permanently boosts your damage and attack by 20%

I'm done writing essays for you guys, do me a favor and put this info into your thick empty skulls. (Sorry for the insults but it is kinda getting annoying)

So if all the plat was made no trade lixs and so on you won’t be doing any bosses only the plat buyers are going to be killing bosses, thus leading to winning over the non plat buyers who can’t kill a boss without lixs and restos/Rez

In the end it is still p2w since someone has to buy plat in order for everyone to have the lix to kill bosses
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

That's not Pay to win lmao, that's Pay to progress faster. Most free games offer pay to progress faster like in ch... while others such as GoW, it is literally impossible to reach the top without paying. Micro transactions DOES NOT mean the game is immediately pay to win.

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."

"In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free. Critics of such games call them "pay-to-win" (p2w) games."

"It means "pay to win". Generally, it's used to describe games that have a cash store where game items can be bought with real money, and those items are perceived as too big of an advantage."

In conclusion, a P2W game has micro transactions that offer boosts ONLY to the buyer to give him a significant advantage over free to play players. But in ch getting lixs is so easy to get without plat that this game can't be Pay to win and is rather Pay to progress faster because instead of grinding gold and finding someone selling plat items, you could instead just skip all of that and buy the stuff right away. Now if plat items were all no trade than this game would be without a doubt a pay to win game, but since plat items are widely available for anyone ingame without the need of cash, that makes this game NOT A PAY TO WIN (can't say it enough to you noobs).

An example would be: Spend $20 now for VIP which permanently boosts your damage and attack by 20%

I'm done writing essays for you guys, do me a favor and put this info into your thick empty skulls. (Sorry for the insults but it is kinda getting annoying)
In CH, items that are obtained through only micro transactions (heroic elixirs), originally, are required to defeat end game bosses (in order to win). Yes you may not have to pay money yourself since others have payed their money to sell to you. If the items were no-trade then you would have to personally pay in order to win instead of buying from the ones who pay for you. Its like if your grandma went on to your account and bought a bunch of plat for you, you aren't paying money to get the plat but someone else is. Someone has to buy and sell the items in order for the plat items to be available for those who don't buy plat. As others have said, if you manage to beat the game (kill gelebron) without a single platinum item being used I will agree that the game is not p2w.
Last edited by Wardon-CH on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without
Plat buyers get level 6 mounts and pets faster than those that solely rely on bounty board and AH.
Are mounts and pets considered items that unbalanced the game lock battles? You betcha.
By your very own definition, CH is pay to win. Thanks for settling the debate..

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.