Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: CH Purely Pay To Win Gaming? Yes/No

Plat buyers get level 6 mounts and pets faster than those that solely rely on bounty board and AH.
Are mounts and pets considered items that unbalanced the game lock battles? You betcha.
By your very own definition, CH is pay to win. Thanks for settling the debate..
Lol ok? That's not Pay to win... again lmao. It's pay to progress quicker. I know plenty of people that have gotten 100%+ mounts without spending a dime
Pay to progress quicker? Theres a term for that, its called "pay to win" lol....
Lmao i didn't even pick up on this, literally calling it pay to win but twisting the wording for no real reason.

The group who 'pay to progress quicker', kill gele first hence they are the first to complete the main objective of the game therefore 'winning'.

I get the feeling he isn't in a clan who continually kill end game raids and goes through an abundance of resources.

I can see both sides of the argument and, to be honest, it's not worth arguing about. At the end of the day it comes down to semantics, and I'm not sure either side it's right or wrong. They're just different ways of looking at the question.
Is it possible to successfully defeat all eg bosses without the use of plat only items. Not currently. So by this definition it could be said to be purely pay to win, as somebody needs to spend cash in order for players to be able to kill eg bosses.
Is it possible to play the game, get to lvl 220+ and successfully help your clan defeat all eg bosses, without ever spending a penny/cent. Absolutely. So by this definition it could also be said to be definitely not purely pay to win, as it is possible for a clan to defeat all bosses and have every member not spend any real cash.
When you step back at look at this, you realise that, up to now, this has been a very good solution. There will always be players that would rather spend the money rather than do the hard work and the grind. The fact that the most effective use of their money gets them an abundance of items, that they are best off selling on, means that the non cash players have a ready supply and allows them to easily obtain, for in game cash, items needed to be successful at eg.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

You noobs must mean it's a Pay Gold to Win? Cause I don't understand the logic lol. I don't have to spend a single cent when raiding besides ingame gold... that's not paying to win cause I didn't have to buy any plat lol.

The fact that I don't need to spend any money to stay caught up with those who do spend clearly shows that this game isn't pay to win. I suggest stop giving this game a bad title
Your view is so narrow and only looks at yourself. CH is NOT A SINGLE PLAYER game. But let's say there are only 40 players in your world who spent 0 cents and by some miracle everyone made it to level 220 without buying plat for lixes, idols, and HOTBARS.

Now try to kill Gelebron without using plat items. Can't do it right? At least one of you need to shell out the cash to buy lixes and idols. Bounties and Fishing to get idols and pots? lol good luck with that.
I dont think u understand what a pay to win game is. A pay to win game is a game that forces you to pay for you to "win" the game. In ch its eg is the definition of winning. Celtic heroes doesnt force you to buy plat. I havent spent a cent but have speant many years farming and merching to obtain millions in gold which i can use to buy plat items frim players who wish to pay. Yes there are ways to speed up the game with buying plat. But i can just as easy watch 4000 videos for 4000 plat as someone who speant 100$ the only difference is that one is easier than the other. So to recap ch is not p2w its f2p and you can buy plat to speed your procces.
If You sell your chickens you have no soul

Pay to win? Depends how you play the game
If you in no rush and just want to have vs gear hungry people who wants to be the very best
Things I wish I knew:
1) stick to one toon most mistakes new players make which I made also
-try each class and lv toon1-20(takes less then an hr following tutorial quest) and choose the right class for you. Don’t try and level all classes at once one at a time
2)try and learn ch first when u low level as in how much each item cost lixes pets fash pve pvp grouping farming etc
3)be nice and don’t hate have fun. There are some good players still out there who still help actually new players by donating for guiding them.due to competition clan trying to join your clan to get boss timers and trolls is why these good helpful players become a dying breed of people

When I first started ch I had nothing i grind from level 1-130 when ow was still kinda took me like 2 years? I didn’t know what lixes was and that I could obtain from players. I have always wanted a trident then I got a white hat from a event oh boy was I excited af when it said rarest couple days pass I got a offer on it like 100k and you know I took that offer I’m a player that had nothing.then I bought a $15 iTunes apple because I have always wanted to open a chest. I remember I wanted the fash in the chest so bad but I didn’t get I think I got alt books or something.then I went asking around how much are the fashion and the dude I was talking to I told I got books and he told me he will give fash for the book.the. Did some grinding then I finally got 150k I always wanted a golden trident. Like everyone was using one so with that 150 I bought one.yes I made a mistake heroic ammy was the better choice but duddddeee golden trident was lit asf back in the day

2years later I never bought an iTunes apple for this game and just stick to farming and buying lix off the people who can afford lixes with plat.i manage to reach semi eg and edl

Moral of story plat buyers= easier to level less struggle and time can make money easier
Non buyers= more struggles time and effort must farm hrs for money
In the end what ever player u are buyer or not BOTH Can achieve EG

It’s possible to take endgame without the plat items. Just very.. very.. (nearly impossible) unlikely you will be able to kill something such as gelebron without having plat items bought and distributed throughout your server. Considering this difficulty, plat items are needed to ensure success when raiding. When you add a rival clan into the mix; If they are using haste lixes and you aren’t.. you are more than likely going to lose the lock battle for a boss. To fix this, you can either spend real money to get the elixirs, or get the lixes with in game gold/items from a player who has bought the items with their own real money.

While you don’t have to directly pay for the elixirs using real money; Someone does to get these items flowing around server.
The difficulty of the game requires you to need these items to progress far/progress faster.

Even if you aren’t spending money on the game.. there are many others who will spend money to enhance their own gameplay or enhance others gameplay.

To sum it up; Somebody has to spend money for people in the server to experience the full game.. and win the game. (Even if you yourself don’t spend anything)
Ugnar; 224 Warrior
Myne; 200 Rogue
Dyme; 200 Ranger
Ryme; 216 Druid
V1; 190 Rogue

Server:Morrigan
Clan:Havoc

The OP and Zkills insist it's not pay to win. The rest of players do. We can leave it at that.
Lmao clearly. By "the rest of us" do you mean you and 3 other endgame know it alls that think they're always right just because they're endgame?

You don't know what a pay to win is, clearly. So stop trying argue against the actual definition

Pay to progress quicker is an ACTUAL definition commonly used amongst the gaming community. It basically means you arnt forced to buy plat, but buying plat speeds up the progress. So so ignorant :roll:
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

And so, I'm dragged back into this again...

NO IT IS NOT PAY TO WIN.

YES YOU CAN KILL NECRO WITHOUT PLAT ITEMS. Done. You just need to use your brains instead of sheer numbers. Druids would become more important, shield bash may become more important, energy boost may be important, spring of life may actually be viable.

And, you guys are forgetting about the free offers, which make you spend $0, and you can buy your hotbars and whatnot.

Now, about this dragon, yes it is op. BUT, its not a big enough dent to make it P2W yet.

About making gold, for those who'd say fury you'd never have gotten to 100m without flipping plat items... That's actually true. BUT, I'd actually be even richer if it wasn't for plat. Because I'd own more of a % of the gold, and plat buyers couldn't buy their way into competing with me.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Theres a reason why its a yes and why ur wrong. U try to turn the 'pay-to-win' into something u can actually measure. It isnt 100% or 50% or anything, its just pay to win.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

The OP and Zkills insist it's not pay to win. The rest of players do. We can leave it at that.
Lmao clearly. By "the rest of us" do you mean you and 3 other endgame know it alls that think they're always right just because they're endgame?

You don't know what a pay to win is, clearly. So stop trying argue against the actual definition

Pay to progress quicker is an ACTUAL definition commonly used amongst the gaming community. It basically means you arnt forced to buy plat, but buying plat speeds up the progress. So so ignorant :roll:
You're right. I'm changing my opinion of what makes a game p2w to yours which is if you don't have to pay its not p2w even if someone else had to pay. I used to think console games were p2w since you have to buy them to win. But I gave my son my ps3 games he can win them without paying. And GoW isn't p2w either. You just have to find someone else to spend money on your acct so you won't have to and then it's not p2w according to your definition. I like it.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue