Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why are 99% of the Bosses massive Giants?

Well it is fun to fight a huge boss. A jotun sized boss will get lost in the crowd of 30-40 toons that these damn bosses need. Take skain 5*, very small boss, back in the event u would barely see him up.

If anything bothers me creativity wise is that OTM is out of ideas, they make a dragon. Dragons are boooringggg. Spit fire, whip their tail, use their claws, blah blah. Aggy is a dragon, mordy is a dragon, 50% of the event bosses are damn dragons, and did u notice almost all of them have the same tail with spiky tip? Boring.

If its a dragon, make a cool one, they all look the same. Change the way u design the wings, the head, the tail, the claws, everything, dont make it one more boring dragon. At this rate they'll make Crom a dragon.

Undead are cool, but we used up that theme too (all halloween bosses + necro). Trolls are cool and I guess its fine to bring them back. Overall the human type of bosses seems to be most creative, but what Id recommend is simply making a non-human but simply a monster type of thing, not a dragon, troll, undead same old stuff, make ur own monster.

If u make Dradriel as next boss.... Or any boss u make in sacred gardens, dont make it a plain tree (or some nature type dragon), make it an interesting boss that looks either badass or extremely ugly works too, just get creative. Gele's design is creative imo, not just a boring wizard, hes huge and the branches on his back add a lot, and the fact hes floating.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Well it is fun to fight a huge boss. A jotun sized boss will get lost in the crowd of 30-40 toons that these damn bosses need. Take skain 5*, very small boss, back in the event u would barely see him up.

If anything bothers me creativity wise is that OTM is out of ideas, they make a dragon. Dragons are boooringggg. Spit fire, whip their tail, use their claws, blah blah. Aggy is a dragon, mordy is a dragon, 50% of the event bosses are damn dragons, and did u notice almost all of them have the same tail with spiky tip? Boring.

If its a dragon, make a cool one, they all look the same. Change the way u design the wings, the head, the tail, the claws, everything, dont make it one more boring dragon. At this rate they'll make Crom a dragon.

Undead are cool, but we used up that theme too (all halloween bosses + necro). Trolls are cool and I guess its fine to bring them back. Overall the human type of bosses seems to be most creative, but what Id recommend is simply making a non-human but simply a monster type of thing, not a dragon, troll, undead same old stuff, make ur own monster.

If u make Dradriel as next boss.... Or any boss u make in sacred gardens, dont make it a plain tree (or some nature type dragon), make it an interesting boss that looks either badass or extremely ugly works too, just get creative. Gele's design is creative imo, not just a boring wizard, hes huge and the branches on his back add a lot, and the fact hes floating.
+1... Using the same template for everything has gotten extremely old over the years...At first it was like, okay cool another dragon... But now its like... Oh... its dragon number 5,786.... It loses all shock and awe...

Imo there is nothing wrong with a tree, as dadriel is a root... but make it a massive tree... don't make it another dryad... I'm plain sick of dryads, dragons, and zombies...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Huge +1
Funny how I was talking to my friend few days ago about new pet and how 90% of bosses are dragons with just difderent colours
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw

Crom should be massive in size and be a shape shifting boss that changes it’s attack based on which form it is in.

I.e. starts as a human giant (crushing/slashing damage), transforms into a snake (poison damage) , then a wizard (magic damage), then to a dragon (fire & ice).

Maybe I am expecting too much, but that would throw an extra level of challenge in there. ;)
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

Crom should be massive in size and be a shape shifting boss that changes it’s attack based on which form it is in.

I.e. starts as a human giant (crushing/slashing damage), transforms into a snake (poison damage) , then a wizard (magic damage), then to a dragon (fire & ice).

Maybe I am expecting too much, but that would throw an extra level of challenge in there. ;)
Although it is a very good idea, it seems to have the boss of all bosses feel about it. As though it's the very end eg boss. If this were to happen, where do you go when you want to add more new eg content / bosses later?
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

I think it would be particularly interesting to make this boss a giant tree (not Skain-like, make it have tons of leaves and a giant fat trunk), and give it skills that mess with players, I.e. Entangle-skill, aoe shieldbash on target, things that make a virtual black hole that sucks players to a certain spot if not under magic ward/edlritch boon, etc. Make raids great again, lol.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I don’t know how big is big to you but for one thing if you mean normal size you would have 20+ people swarming around the boss and you would barely see the boss itself. The attack animations can be appreaciated more since bigger means more detail, and its something called, life sized. Dragons are huge lets face it, the size ratio between you and him makes sense.