Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What is the most fair system (without using DKP)

Hello, me again.

For a clan that is growing towards end game, where players are too busy or do not want to manage DKP with decay (or any recorded system that uses pc or guildlaunch) what would be the fairest distribution system?

Rolling in my opinion is too basic, for a medium to large clan. It spreads out gear to wide for preparation towards end bosses. But this is just my view.

What's your idea? Any idea is welcome.
Manetheren
Clan Havoc

Re: What is the most fair system (without using DKP)

Distribute gear by voting. Chief and gens would vote on who gets quest armor/weps based on how active they are at bosses. Clan members could send a request in for an item and the chief/gen will decide whether or not to hand out that item.

Very basic and classic system that many clans used in the old days (some still use this system). Only problem that people have is that people that are well liked usually get gear over others who may be more active, or gens will gear themselves or guards first over clansmen. So if you're going to use this system, make sure you have some very reasonable and responsible gens
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

You could add to that by documenting fairly easy what each toon has, you could then use that as a basis for gear distribution.
It also makes sure people don't just keep hoarding - cause they will if allowed.
Post for all to see, open and transparent might avoid the issues of favouritism.

But people also need to understand, gens and guards deserve gears too. Especially as they are running things and often dealing with the drama fallout, as long as it's fair then most normal rational non greedy people shouldn't have an issue.
Those types will show themselves pretty quick ;p

Dice. Yeah, I said it.

No new member wants to wait in a long line to get their gear, and to have higher ups get first pick so that they may never have the chance.

It doesn't matter how long someone has been in the clan, it doesn't matter how active they are. They helped you kill that boss then and there.

Sure, it may not be the most effective, but its the most fair.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Dice. Yeah, I said it.

No new member wants to wait in a long line to get their gear, and to have higher ups get first pick so that they may never have the chance.

It doesn't matter how long someone has been in the clan, it doesn't matter how active they are. They helped you kill that boss then and there.

Really hope that was all sarcasm.

You cannot call dicing "most fair" when there are other, more fair systems involving DKP out there.

To OP, check out webDKP, it doesn't have decay, simple, easily accessible and manageable.
Wattzon of Sulis

Dice. Yeah, I said it.

You cannot call dicing "most fair" when there are other, more fair systems involving DKP out there.

To OP, check out webDKP, it doesn't have decay, simple, easily accessible and manageable.
Dicing is a fair and really fun system imo. I am very active at bosses and have experienced 3 different systems; Dicing, voting, and now DKP. Out of those dicing was by far my most favorite. DKP is cool and all but I hate bidding against other clan members for gear, aka competition in clan. Voting was alright, but it's very easy for someone to become corrupt and alter things for their own benefit. Dicing is very simple, luck based, and fair imo. Don't have to compete against clannies for gear and corruption isn't a problem.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Dice. Yeah, I said it.

+1

c
AND DKP is the most fair. You are paid for each boss you attend, and then you get to spend your bossing currency on drops.
1) YOU get to chose how much an item is worth. you have 100% control over the drops. In a gen based system you can only request so much otherwise you will look greedy, but generals decide how much "greed" an item is worth, so while you may think an item is worth 1-2 greed points (ya its arbitrary but it makes the point) the gens could say its worth 50. You get the final say.
2) Chief=Clansman, No time in clan, or role/rank gives preference over another. I get same preference as a general who has been in clan since start. However, the general is more likley to have more currency (dkp) saved up, so he can outbid me. It gives me a chance, but it also doesn't give some random noob who shows up to their first gele a void blade like a rolling system could result in.

In a general chose system generals always end up with more gear (hmm, coincidence?). Wait, you're saying when generals choose who gets what, they are more likley to vote for fellow gens? Whaa....
In rolling your oldest and most loyal member could never win a single drop, meanwhile a brand new rogue who hasn't even goten EDL yet wins void blade at his or her first gele... of course that new member should have a chance to express interest, but under no circumstances should he or she get it over the more loyal/active/time proven clanny.

Rolling and generals chose are garbage systems.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at