Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why are we being bothered

A level 49 skill will never override a level 50 skill. But in all aspects of the game once the skills are on the same level they are considered equal regardless of the effect they have. If this has been a bug for 6 years that's major but I think it's by design.
2 level 50 PW's can have very different stats. It should be the strongest one that ranks highest.
It should. So should rend. So should lures. So should Expose weakness and bomb and every other buff and DoT in the game, but they don't and that is why I dont believe its a bug.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

A level 49 skill will never override a level 50 skill. But in all aspects of the game once the skills are on the same level they are considered equal regardless of the effect they have. If this has been a bug for 6 years that's major but I think it's by design.
2 level 50 PW's can have very different stats. It should be the strongest one that ranks highest.
It should. So should rend. So should lures. So should Expose weakness and bomb and every other buff and DoT in the game, but they don't and that is why I dont believe its a bug.
6 years ago it was probably a coding issue with the old engine, with the capabilities of the new engine they should be able to review these design "features" and make a decision whether or not this is as designed. By design a lower skill lever spell will not override a higher level -TRUE. Following the same logic a lower powered skill should not override a more powerful skill.
A n e x a n d e r
Ranger of Avalon
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid.

6 years ago it was probably a coding issue with the old engine, with the capabilities of the new engine they should be able to review these design "features" and make a decision whether or not this is as designed. By design a lower skill lever spell will not override a higher level -TRUE. Following the same logic a lower powered skill should not override a more powerful skill.
As I did say I agree it 'should' I just don't think it should be labelled as a 'bug' more a 'design flaw'.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

As I did say I agree it 'should' I just don't think it should be labelled as a 'bug' more a 'design flaw'.
Call me a noob, but I actually like the way things are right now... If a lure is about to fade on a boss, I don't want to have to try and guess if my focus/icemagic is higher than the person who did that lure, I want to refresh it. If I'm a Druid, I don't want to have to wait for my competition's Vines to expire before I can apply my own, I just want to apply them. 50/50 skills all being able to override each other makes the game smoother, and far more interesting, imo. If this were suddenly enstated, you'd be complaining even more, because you would lose a lure for at least 3 seconds every time the main lure user's lure evaded. That's a big deal against proteus, and an annoyance on other bosses. It's just part of the game, should be left alone. Far bigger things that OTM could be doing right now, like more content, other breaks in the game, etc. This is a minor thing that is debatable whether it's even an issue.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Call me a noob, but I actually like the way things are right now... If a lure is about to fade on a boss, I don't want to have to try and guess if my focus/icemagic is higher than the person who did that lure, I want to refresh it. If I'm a Druid, I don't want to have to wait for my competition's Vines to expire before I can apply my own, I just want to apply them. 50/50 skills all being able to override each other makes the game smoother, and far more interesting, imo. If this were suddenly enstated, you'd be complaining even more, because you would lose a lure for at least 3 seconds every time the main lure user's lure evaded. That's a big deal against proteus, and an annoyance on other bosses. It's just part of the game, should be left alone. Far bigger things that OTM could be doing right now, like more content, other breaks in the game, etc. This is a minor thing that is debatable whether it's even an issue.

Yet no one said anything about lures or debuffs. What you've stated are debuffs not self buffs. The issue being addressed is self buffs.

Self buffs being overwritten by weaker self buffs are an issue 100%. Debuffs on bosses are completely seperate - polar opposites in fact.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sly is correct, the block function prevents UI interactions, it does not prevent in-game mechanics.

The team previously reviewed Calms ability to be used on non group members but decided to keep it as is, we may review this again in time.

Poison weapon overwrite may be a bug, we now have a ticket in for review.
If this is a bug then it works like this for every skill, defensive formation, shield of bark, abundance, incinerate, frostbite, stinging swarm, strangling vines, rend, protective stance, fire attunement, etc... Currently, as long as skills are the same level it doesn't matter if one is much better due to stat and ability variance, they can overcast one another.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Sly is correct, the block function prevents UI interactions, it does not prevent in-game mechanics.

The team previously reviewed Calms ability to be used on non group members but decided to keep it as is, we may review this again in time.

If this is a bug then it works like this for every skill, defensive formation, shield of bark, abundance, incinerate, frostbite, stinging swarm, strangling vines, rend, protective stance, fire attunement, etc... Currently, as long as skills are the same level it doesn't matter if one is much better due to stat and ability variance, they can overcast one another.
Well, not Protective Stance or Attunement unless you change gears in between castings. Those are self-only buffs that you can't cast onto others.

There's a compromise here to address Freezerburn's "concerns". OTM can keep skills that you can cast on mobs like lures, swarm, vines, incin, frostbite, rend, etc. But fix the skills that you can cast on players, like poison weapon, defensive formation, bark, etc. I certainly don't like getting my defensive formation overwritten by another warrior in my group when I have more vit and melee ability.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Well, not Protective Stance or Attunement unless you change gears in between castings. Those are self-only buffs that you can't cast onto others.

There's a compromise here to address Freezerburn's "concerns". OTM can keep skills that you can cast on mobs like lures, swarm, vines, incin, frostbite, rend, etc. But fix the skills that you can cast on players, like poison weapon, defensive formation, bark, etc. I certainly don't like getting my defensive formation overwritten by another warrior in my group when I have more vit and melee ability.
imo the best fix is just to make Dot stackable... and then to make debuffs and buffs highest one stays on, a lower tier just restarts the time till the debuff/buff fades away.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Really???? This is primarily used for griefing. What is the logic behind keeping it as is?
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger