Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

+1... As someone who recently lost a family member to breast cancer it still means something when people organize acts like this. It shows that people care and recognize the sadness that follows with breast cancer. While donating to charities is of course helpful, not everyone can, and for those who can't, support means a lot.
Bob, I'm right there with you! I'm sharing everything pink I can find with anyone who wants to spread our message of love and support. I just lost a dear friend who left behind three children, the youngest age 2. My husband lost his grandmother to it and his aunt has battled it. Sharing info on breast cancer is critical for all of us. Men die from it, too, and it's an ugly thing. Thanks so much to EVERYONE who is spreading the word to remind people about this deadly disease and how important regular screenings are for all people. It is truly a silent killer. If anyone in your family has had it, men and women alike should be screened for it.

Happy October!!!

Ps: Mental Illness awareness day is coming up... get your yellow fashion ready for that one special day!!!
;) Kes
My apologies for not seeing this posting sooner. I'm close to getting my degree in June. I think this whole post is pretty amazing! While some feel it doesn't help it just might. If the servers see many wearing the color people will ask why. That in itself is spreading awareness to those who might say,"I didn't know."
With that being said it would be nice to mention the many causes that have affected peoples lives. My cause is for my parents (r.i.p), The American Heart Association which is red in February. Gun Violence Awareness which is orange in June.
PurpleRain 226+ Mage
Vanity 227+ Druid
I can't make the World Purple when it's Gray
Beta Android Tester

While some feel it doesn't help it just might. If the servers see many wearing the color people will ask why. That in itself is spreading awareness to those who might say,"I didn't know."
For instance I’m one of those people, I didn’t know nothing about this until now.

And for those who thinks it’s an empty gesture, maybe, but it’s harmless just like other empty gestures. 99% of the people just wearing pink, having fun in the Tavern or learn a new thing (me) but those 1% maybe do something which can help other people who have been affected by this problem. And that's a win.

While some feel it doesn't help it just might. If the servers see many wearing the color people will ask why. That in itself is spreading awareness to those who might say,"I didn't know."
For instance I’m one of those people, I didn’t know nothing about this until now.

And for those who thinks it’s an empty gesture, maybe, but it’s harmless just like other empty gestures. 99% of the people just wearing pink, having fun in the Tavern or learn a new thing (me) but those 1% maybe do something which can help other people who have been affected by this problem. And that's a win.

We missed world mental health awareness day! It was 10 October! The color was yellow! :( This is a day that hits very close to home for me. I've had family members suffering severely from PTSD among other things for years! I'll remember next year and remind everyone! Cheers again for all the love and support everyone is showing. Does my heart good to see such a wonderful comraderie we have in the CH family!

Much love, Kes
theKestrel of Dal Riata, Morrigan, et al

otm could make some sort of chest you can buy that only has pink items in it, and the money would go straight to one of the breast cancer organizations, the items could range anywhere from potions, to fashion, to mounts, i think there is a pink eagle mount, but I don't remember.
+1
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona