Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Eh sorry, but It's an empty gesture. Simply wearing pink fashion does nothing. Getting involved with BC charities is 100x better.
What a bad attitude toward a good cause. Havoc offered Avalon to join in a dual clan picture. Avalon rejected the offer. Now we know why.
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

Resurgence BC awareness gele video Res/Braves leaders should be uploading the clan picture soon!

Wanted to say how amazing it is that clans and servers are able to organize around a cause like this! really goes to show that the game's community is much deeper than boss killing but that we are a true community of people capable of emotion and caring, even for those we have never met, who live all across the world, who speak different languages than us. Its great to see how we can all come together through something like this to raise awareness for BC.

youtu.be/Gt18BRC7_8E
Last edited by bob the mage on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Eh sorry, but It's an empty gesture. Simply wearing pink fashion does nothing. Getting involved with BC charities is 100x better.
What a bad attitude toward a good cause. Havoc offered Avalon to join in a dual clan picture. Avalon rejected the offer. Now we know why.
I havnt seen anything about this. I’d love to be in a photo, my team when I used to play league would wear pink socks for it. Good old footy days :cry:
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama

He hasn't bashed the cause in any way, Ail has simply stated his opinion - is this not what forums is for?

Ya'll need to stop acting like Havoc are golden poop from God's butt hole. Every damn post that Ail replies has to turn into "havoc are better than Ava" in some type of way. You guys really that obsessed with getting one up on us?
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Avalon rejected a Havoc offer? No one ever talked to me about it.. All I ever heard was "Ail! wear pink!". And honestly, if anyone in Avalon refused to pose together with Havoc, you probably need to look at who was there from Havoc, then maybe you'll understand lol.

I'm all for furthering good causes, but wearing pink fashion in a gaming MMO doesn't do much unless the organizers have something more meaningful besides posing for screenshots.

Is Havoc giving people information on how to donate to breast cancer foundations or how to attend virtual fundraisers? Are you sharing educational content or any literature regarding breast cancer? What is it exactly are you re doing to promote the cause?

Just pink fashion?

I've attended many live sports games, and in the stadiums they give away pink ribbons and pink bracelets and I see many people proudly pin the ribbon on their shirts as if putting it on they feel as if they already have done heir part. I think anyone who puts on a pink item trying to promote the cause, should also participate in the cause.

This is similar to people protesting during the US national anthem, Kneeling or raising a fist do nothing to abolish racial inequality and police brutality in America. Actions need to back up these gestures, else they mean nothing.

So let me ask you Tuula, what else did you do today? If you actually donated then I commend you. If not, then perhaps you need to get off your high horse and actually evaluate what you're trying to do. Maybe you just want your toon to look cute?
Last edited by Aileron on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

This is the final warning to both members of Avalon and Havoc.

I will not have another thread devolve into pointless bickering due to the issues you have for one another in-game.

While not everyone can donate, we appreciate the effort and comradery clans have shown to raise awareness, get involved and draw attention to a worthwhile cause.

The spirit of our community is amazing and if they don't or can't donate at least they are not ignorant to the issue.

For those who wish to donate we recommend http://www.breastcanceruk.org.uk for those in the UK and https://www.drsusanloveresearch.org for those in the US.

This is the last I will say on the matter. Any further arguing will be treated as forum disruption and there will be board warnings and bannings accordingly.

The world is full of empty gestures, criticising them just makes you look aloof and unempathetic.
+1... As someone who recently lost a family member to breast cancer it still means something when people organize acts like this. It shows that people care and recognize the sadness that follows with breast cancer. While donating to charities is of course helpful, not everyone can, and for those who can't, support means a lot.
I'm not being unempathic, , but look at all these pictures posted, there is no actionable information for anyone. What should one do after seeing it? Ok, everytone gathered for a screenshot, then what? At least Muldar posted some links after. I think it's great that people organize like this but it has to be for the right reasons. I see people on my server doing it simply for a fashion show off. So is it really to promote the cause? Or just an excuse to whip out the old pink spider silk?

Perhaps I'm being too hard and critical. I just don't like it when the motive is wrong but maybe someone will wonder what the pink is for and google it and end up donating or actively participate. I'm sorry about everyone who has suffered, I know what it's like, I've some relatives and college friends who battled this terrible disease, some survive, some didn't.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I actually do agree with you, I don't believe in empty gestures either or using them for your own personal gain (physically or egotistically), but I don't think criticising those who wish to show support in that way is helpful or necessary. (Just my opinion)
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

So let me ask you Tuula, what else did you do today? If you actually donated then I commend you. If not, then perhaps you need to get off your high horse and actually evaluate what you're trying to do. Maybe you just want your toon to look cute?
Yes, I donate every month to cancer research. I live in Sweden, you in USA other people in other parts of the world. Accounts for donating to research is therefor different, what brings us together is the community. Let's join for a good cause without the constant clan bashing. Look at the Christmas peace in 1914, during WW1, even the battling parties could join and celebrate for a short moment. Why not us? Let the peace beguine for the good cause!

Btw: If you come to Sweden. Here you can donate: https://www.cancerfonden.se/stod-oss/ge ... scQAvD_BwE
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

I can't take credit for this idea, but someone in our clan suggested that we wear pink fashion in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Post your group pictures of your friends in pink supporting BCA month.
Cringe
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge