Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Wearing pink doesn't show anything other than you have pink fashion... saying you're supporting Breast Cancer just by wearing pink is rather lazy imo. Real support is donating to families that struggle through bills on top of bills for treatment. Go out and make a difference.

I've been to many cancer benefits and lost many people in my life to cancer, and after a while, you start to realize how bs some people are when it comes to supporting cancer.

I'm sorry for the rant and especially sorry if you were offended by this, I couldn't help it. Have a good day!
It still shows you care... Its an act and it is appreciated. As someone who lost someone very recently, 2 weeks ago, to breast cancer, it means something to me. That clans and players are dedicating a little bit of their time to showing their support. Maybe you just have a heart of stone or you don't get qualitative things... not everything in the world needs to be seen in dollar signs...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Some of y'all are serious debbie downers and very judgmental with dictating what is considered support or not. This whole 'you're not really doing anything so you're not really supporting' attitude sucks and your opinion is an opinion and not truth. It's very immature and shallow trying to dictate when others are doing enough or not. Then you come on and say something like 'I've been to fund raisers so give me a pat on the back because I've done more than you' is pretty ridiculous.

There are so many issues out there that need support from people and there is no way any one person is capable of supporting them all unless they have unlimited resources and unlimited free time to donate. Just because someone doesn't measure up to your standards of acceptable, does not make it true.

I think it's a shame we have homeless families. My son and I help feed the homeless very other Sunday. Is that really doing anything to help? No. Do I judge others for wearing a shirt that would say "be aware of homeless people and help" but did nothing else? Nope.

If a friend's parent(s) die, do you say "sorry for your loss"? Probably. That's a really empty gesture. But no one criticizes someone for saying it.

Does going to a cancer rally really help combat cancer? No. But those of us that can go, we go. Even if we donate a few dollars, it's not really helping. This doesn't make you any better than the person that doesn't go but wears pink. But, hey, you get to pat yourself on the back while looking down on others, so that's cool, right?

Do you think it's a shame that children are abused and abandoned and don't have a family? I'd hope so. Are you doing anything about it or just thinking how awful the situation is? And then you turn around and judge someone else for what they aren't doing about another cause.

Some of y'all just need to chill, quite being so critical, and let people be happy.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Some of y'all are serious debbie downers and very judgmental with dictating what is considered support or not. This whole 'you're not really doing anything so you're not really supporting' attitude sucks and your opinion is an opinion and not truth. It's very immature and shallow trying to dictate when others are doing enough or not. Then you come on and say something like 'I've been to fund raisers so give me a pat on the back because I've done more than you' is pretty ridiculous.

There are so many issues out there that need support from people and there is no way any one person is capable of supporting them all unless they have unlimited resources and unlimited free time to donate. Just because someone doesn't measure up to your standards of acceptable, does not make it true.

I think it's a shame we have homeless families. My son and I help feed the homeless very other Sunday. Is that really doing anything to help? No. Do I judge others for wearing a shirt that would say "be aware of homeless people and help" but did nothing else? Nope.

If a friend's parent(s) die, do you say "sorry for your loss"? Probably. That's a really empty gesture. But no one criticizes someone for saying it.

Does going to a cancer rally really help combat cancer? No. But those of us that can go, we go. Even if we donate a few dollars, it's not really helping. This doesn't make you any better than the person that doesn't go but wears pink. But, hey, you get to pat yourself on the back while looking down on others, so that's cool, right?

Do you think it's a shame that children are abused and abandoned and don't have a family? I'd hope so. Are you doing anything about it or just thinking how awful the situation is? And then you turn around and judge someone else for what they aren't doing about another cause.

Some of y'all just need to chill, quite being so critical, and let people be happy.
+1
Bob The God

Wearing pink doesn't show anything other than you have pink fashion... saying you're supporting Breast Cancer just by wearing pink is rather lazy imo. Real support is donating to families that struggle through bills on top of bills for treatment. Go out and make a difference.

I've been to many cancer benefits and lost many people in my life to cancer, and after a while, you start to realize how bs some people are when it comes to supporting cancer.

I'm sorry for the rant and especially sorry if you were offended by this, I couldn't help it. Have a good day!
Just showing your ignorance. It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, something you fail to understand about the word awareness? Or what the act of spreading awareness is about? Should take your incorrect and opinionated views elsewhere.
This would be correct, but I keep hearing the word "support" coming up. But I guess I'm ignorant for having a different point of view. People on these forums have always been one sided
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Just showing your ignorance. It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, something you fail to understand about the word awareness? Or what the act of spreading awareness is about? Should take your incorrect and opinionated views elsewhere.
This would be correct, but I keep hearing the word "support" coming up. But I guess I'm ignorant for having a different point of view. People on these forums have always been one sided
Support isn’t always monetary. Showing you care means something due to it having a qualitative essence. “It’s the thought that counts.”
Wearing pink shoes solidarity, it’s a way of expressing yourself in a way of saying “I’m sorry for what you are going through, and I stand with you.” It’s like saying “I’m sorry for your loss.”
Bob The God

otm could make some sort of chest you can buy that only has pink items in it, and the money would go straight to one of the breast cancer organizations, the items could range anywhere from potions, to fashion, to mounts, i think there is a pink eagle mount, but I don't remember.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

otm could make some sort of chest you can buy that only has pink items in it, and the money would go straight to one of the breast cancer organizations, the items could range anywhere from potions, to fashion, to mounts, i think there is a pink eagle mount, but I don't remember.
+1, like the project RED other apps do.
Bob The God

+1
OTM get on this. This is a fantastic gesture.
(Also, you know how aeon chest items have *AEON* first in the description; make the pink chest items say *BCAwareness* or something along those lines)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Wow...it is so disapointing that such a great post has turned into petty bickering and arguing like this. Idk about anyone else but i am ashamed and disapointed that people feltthe need to take away from this great cause. It isnt breast cancer donation month. It is breast cancer awareness month. Who gives a damn if not everyone can donate money and why is doctors wanting patients to be sick even coming up? The whole point of wearing pink is to spread awareness. Not to raise funding or whatever the hell else.

My mum is a breast cancer survivor and the strongest woman that i know. I know what it feels like for loved ones to be diagnosed and have also lost a loved one to this horrible condition. To all the clans that have got involved i would like to thank every one of you. You are all doing your part, no matter how big or small some people may think it is. As for those who are derailing the topic, *** off and go ruin a different topic. Ty
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

How the hell did this thread turn into an arguement. All that matters is that it's breast cancer awareness month, and there is people wearing pink to make others aware of this type of cancer and how many people it kills yearly.

There should not have been anyone posting about if they believe it's useless doing this sort of stuff.
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama