Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Eh sorry, but It's an empty gesture. Simply wearing pink fashion does nothing. Getting involved with BC charities is 100x better.
I kinda agree with this, sorry. My neighbor is a Breast Cancer survivor, and to me, this doesn't really show me anything when compared to actual irl support
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

+1... As someone who recently lost a family member to breast cancer it still means something when people organize acts like this. It shows that people care and recognize the sadness that follows with breast cancer. While donating to charities is of course helpful, not everyone can, and for those who can't, support means a lot.
Bob, I'm right there with you! I'm sharing everything pink I can find with anyone who wants to spread our message of love and support. I just lost a dear friend who left behind three children, the youngest age 2. My husband lost his grandmother to it and his aunt has battled it. Sharing info on breast cancer is critical for all of us. Men die from it, too, and it's an ugly thing. Thanks so much to EVERYONE who is spreading the word to remind people about this deadly disease and how important regular screenings are for all people. It is truly a silent killer. If anyone in your family has had it, men and women alike should be screened for it.

Happy October!!!

Ps: Mental Illness awareness day is coming up... get your yellow fashion ready for that one special day!!!
;) Kes
theKestrel of Dal Riata, Morrigan, et al

The spirit of our community is amazing and if they don't or can't donate at least they are not ignorant to the issue.

For those who wish to donate we recommend http://www.breastcanceruk.org.uk for those in the UK and https://www.drsusanloveresearch.org for those in the US.
TBH, I see these donations pretty pointless. Cancer research has devolved into a buisness. Every year, they rake in 6 BILLION DOLLARS, and are we even closer to fixing the problem? According to Marie Claire, an international magazine, In 1991 breastcancer CLAIMED 119 LIVES in the U.S. per day. Today, that number is 110.
Also, the breast cancer treatment costs an outrages amount of money. According to the USA Today, a well established news outlet, treatment for women 65 and older costs an AVERAGE $23,078 initially, and a continued 2,207 for continued treatment. Why would researchers cure this money making machine?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mariecla ... ess-scams/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... /73292584/
Warrior from Morrigan. Full OCCULT, but not DL. ._. Lvl 214 and climbing

Pvp rank: average butcher (I work hard everyday producing the finest meats in Dal Riata)

+1... As someone who recently lost a family member to breast cancer it still means something when people organize acts like this. It shows that people care and recognize the sadness that follows with breast cancer. While donating to charities is of course helpful, not everyone can, and for those who can't, support means a lot.
Bob, I'm right there with you! I'm sharing everything pink I can find with anyone who wants to spread our message of love and support. I just lost a dear friend who left behind three children, the youngest age 2. My husband lost his grandmother to it and his aunt has battled it. Sharing info on breast cancer is critical for all of us. Men die from it, too, and it's an ugly thing. Thanks so much to EVERYONE who is spreading the word to remind people about this deadly disease and how important regular screenings are for all people. It is truly a silent killer. If anyone in your family has had it, men and women alike should be screened for it.

Happy October!!!

Ps: Mental Illness awareness day is coming up... get your yellow fashion ready for that one special day!!!
;) Kes
+1 ---I have the same experiences. Spread the word and awarness!
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

Clan Forever of Rosmerta has been supporting "wear it pink" with an all pink Gelebron raid and our own screenshot series on band - with clan members encouraged to wear the colour to show support.

We've been distributing pink fashion to all who have joined the pink raids and the response from the clan on band and in the game has been fantastic.

We'll be posting pictures to this thread shortly; this campaign has definitely helped raise awareness amongst our clan.

Not even breast cancer specifically, chemotherapy is one of the biggest scams in the modern age, it basically exposes your body to highly radioactive and toxic elements/substances. Which can certainly kill/halt cancer and in doing so does the same thing to the rest of your body, they can't contain it just to the cancer and it often damages the rest of the body severely. I don't agree with or put my faith in 'alternative medicine' so for the current time chemotherapy is the best way to get in remission and the multi billion dollar business it is, really makes the doctors less likely to want a cure not more likely (a huge problem in western doctor system).
Medievil China developed a system where doctors in a village would get paid only when everyone in the village is healthy, in western society the doctor only gets paid when you are sick! So why would he want to cure you and lose a source of income?
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Not even breast cancer specifically, chemotherapy is one of the biggest scams in the modern age, it basically exposes your body to highly radioactive and toxic elements/substances. Which can certainly kill/halt cancer and in doing so does the same thing to the rest of your body, they can't contain it just to the cancer and it often damages the rest of the body severely. I don't agree with or put my faith in 'alternative medicine' so for the current time chemotherapy is the best way to get in remission and the multi billion dollar business it is, really makes the doctors less likely to want a cure not more likely (a huge problem in western doctor system).
Medievil China developed a system where doctors in a village would get paid only when everyone in the village is healthy, in western society the doctor only gets paid when you are sick! So why would he want to cure you and lose a source of income?
Sounds like a conspiracy theorist xD
People say the same thing about doctors in regards to organ donation, that doctors will try less to save someones life if they are an organ donner. Which, as multiple studies have proved, is false... In western medicine doctors get sued all the time for anything and everything, even when there was nothing medically that could be done to stop those results. That is the real problem with western society is how lawyer and sue happy everyone is. Are there one or two bad doctors who have a failing practice who rely on sick patients? sure, but that's with any business. But by and large on net doctors make enough money where that isn't even on their thoughts, nor something they would even comprehend.
Lastly, if doctors wanted to only make money, why are doctors against continuous life support?

Are there some problems with the pharmaceutical industry? yes of course. But the overwhelming majority of doctors follow the Hippocratic oath...

The real problem imo is governments limiting the funding for cancer research. Trump for example, wants to cut the NIH funding down by 1/3. If we as a society really want to move away from mediocre treatments, which as you say are basically the only remedy, if you can even call it that, then we need to focus on bringing awareness to the medicial problems and getting governments to support finding a cure.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

With the technology we have today and all of the money and time put into research, I'm most certain that a cure of some type has been discovered. But as said before, it's a multi billion dollar business, and a cure will simply burn that business to the ground... so those rich decision making folks will do what's best for their wallets, and as history tells, that's all the rich care about.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge