Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Official Server Xfer

Any new news on this? Will it ever happen? Please consider this.
OTM, thankfully, confirmed it will never happen.
unless you want me to go into an economics lecture, i'll leave it simply that it would crash certain world economies in a heart beat.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Auctally it was brought up that they were working on it when the crossplat form.was first coming out
And also it won't kill severe if anything it will help them small dead severs will have more people and new event chests already made this rare items less rare more people in sever better the economy to the to the sever alot they need is 1 transfer a year and only let so many transfer to a sever
Lastarcher.
Ranger level 224
Mage level 223
General of pegasus, Lugh.

Auctally it was brought up that they were working on it when the crossplat form.was first coming out
And also it won't kill severe if anything it will help them small dead severs will have more people and new event chests already made this rare items less rare more people in sever better the economy to the to the sever alot they need is 1 transfer a year and only let so many transfer to a sever
no it actually would kill certain servers, muldar confirmed several times that features like this wouldn't happen. last time he confirmed this was when we brought up cross server auction houses...
if i need to go full economic lecture i will xD
Bob The God

no it actually would kill certain servers, muldar confirmed several times that features like this wouldn't happen. last time he confirmed this was when we brought up cross server auction houses...
if i need to go full economic lecture i will xD

Noooo! So many have waited for this feature for years including myself. Some servers r already dead as it is. The more they force people to stay in a server the more people will quit

Pls consider adding this feature. I'd pay 4k plat just for a ticket to transfer
An entire thread on why anything that allows players to move items from server x to server y or even sell items across servers is plainly an awful idea.

But, here are some snippets: disclaimer: the thread entails specifically to Ah, but due since the principle is the exact same its safe to requote... also the arguments will be basically the same.
Auction House will be per server trading on launch.

There are currently no plans to make it cross-server, largely due to server economies.

A vast majority of MMOs do not have a universal auction house. Each world has their own, and it has worked well for decades. Now who isn't being a realist here?
Nothing wrong with server-only auction house. Less variables that way too.

You can't compare auction house in CH to free trade in the real world lol. The fact that goods are bid on, already makes it a different system. Do you see China and Japan bidding on US exports? No. They are based on trade agreements.
im being a realist in NOT comparing decades old pc gaming platforms.
you cannot compare CH with old PC games. 2 different worlds and generations.

which platform do you play most now?
ok let's keep wasting otm coding time and let's all get more inactive and not try to bring more horizontal content to game...

but I garauntee you a lot more players would log and be active if platform wide. and have better chance to succeed.

and you backing having server only auction house. flunks.

do you agree on that?

I would agree with you what was the point of having wasting all that effort on a server only auction house only....fishing anyone?
:lol: No reason to get passive aggressive. I am not an "old old" player and I still have a decent share of some rare fash and items. On my server more new players have access to rare fash than some old players. Im sorry that you don't feel like spending gold on rare fash and as a result you want OTM to screw up the game to make it easier for you lol. But because you say im saying economy with no idea as to what it entails let me explain...

Economy refers to a delicate balance between supply and demand. Over the past, think it was said, 6 years the IOS servers have found this balance. As a result gold balance per player etc have also balanced. If SK/Xp elixiers on Arawn cost 4k but they may cost 3k on epona. Some may say that is unfair to the 4k servers but it isn't. They cost 4k because of the ammount of players that need the elixirs so the sellers can charge more. If the auction house went cross platform your right prices would balance out over a period of time. But at the start prices would crash. So ya, all those rich old players you hate would be able to swoop in and grab all that cheap fash. Why would it crash you say? Because demand has remained constant. But supply has dramatically increased. When S increases but D remains constant prices crash. (basic Supply Demand Curves). So ya rich collectors with a few mil of gold lying around will be able to pocket more fash from other servers. Sure some people like you and me in the middle class of the game might get a few more rarities but lets be honest with ourselves, the rich will get richer.

The fact that older wealthy players getting wealthier doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is the crash of prices overall. I never sell anything and even I realize how bad this will be. Why? There is a term in economics called "the invisible hand" that brings the economy back to normal. In the Short Run prices collapse dramatically due to the increase in supply and constant demand. But in the Long Run prices will rise. The problems are we do not know the time t that it will take for prices to rise or how fast it will occur. If it is gradual than fine its something the servers could adjust to. But when have price changes ever been gradual in the CH economies. Pet tokens on arawn went from 100k one day, 80k 5 days later, 50k 3 days later. Depending on time zone you may have sold one pet token 80k one day and 50k the next. Or bought. Mount tokens on my server went from 200kplus the day the came out to 100k the next day. This is due to a rise in supply and a drop in demand. reverse this picture and that is what would happen.

Now let's address another point I briefly mentioned above, the gold supply. Each server has a different interpetation on what makes a rich player. On arawn rich is 20m+ for example. (this is a rough estimate). Also because of how prices have been set for the PAST FEW YEARS the individual gold supply from buying and selling in this market becomes normalized. Plat buying can shift this but overall the amount of gold per player becomes some-what normalized, with differences in classes noted. Inflation etc all come into play with this gold supply. A drastic change in prices of goods, or items, would result in massive fluctuations to individual servers gold supply.

Going to take a break to develop this example. Servers like Epona that have massive quanitites of EG items for sale would see an increase in gold supply but a massive decrease in EG items, which would result in the server being less able to kill EG bosses as effectivly. As a result the SUPPLY of EG items has dramatically decreased but the demand due to less players having items that satisfy their EG needs, the DEMAND has increased. As a result Epona's prices for EG gear go from affordable to extremly expensive. And their own server will start to suffer from lack of EG items. Less players will xfer their etc and more will leave. In a dramatic look Epona as a server would crash. Meanwhile other servers like arawn would flourish from the influx of EG items. But since nonEG clans buy EG items more than EG clans this would massivly upset these servers. So in the end Epona ends up with a lot of gold but not a lot of items. Eventually this may balance out by Eponians buying tons of rare fash and mounts, since their gold supply is massivly inflated. But gold only carries worth if there are items to buy with it, but since EG items in this case are lost and epona is the major EG seller, they crash.

Going back to the gold supply. This would hurt middle to old players the most. As they are used to a certain gold supply as good and another as bad. A drop or increase in the gold supply could make their holdings in fash and just gold in general worthless overnight.

This is a basic summary of what we mean by "Economics" Next time instead of dissing us as if we have no idea what we are saying google economics...
Auction House will be per server trading on launch.

There are currently no plans to make it cross-server, largely due to server economies.
Wait...so the auction house will remain dumb and stupid forever :o ?
Cross server trading is dumb. It introduces a lot more issues than perceived benefits. Each world has a different rate of advancement, and economics. It may work in other games but not CH. Good decision by OTM not to listen to Runescapers.
Didn't read other comments but I believe it should be between a few servers like a server merge would. I'd rather that over a server merge since then players could still have the trading aspect of more players but with less people clogging bosses. +1
Server merge would be aweful as would combining economies. Talk about lag and economy problems. A change in supply and demand like that would cripple many of the servers economies. Some people would prosper by quickly selling stuff to take advantage of high demand low supply but in the end everything would crumble.... Ideas like this are not new at all, the reason that this hasn't ever happened and won't is because OTM recognizes what a disaster it would be.
Cross server trading is dumb. It introduces a lot more issues than perceived benefits. Each world has a different rate of advancement, and economics. It may work in other games but not CH. Good decision by OTM not to listen to Runescapers.
I bet 90% of the raid gear/dl and edl quest items going through the auction house would come from Epona. Good for the rest of us but terrible for Epona. -1
Yep I can see a big problem with raid gear being sold across servers if this were to be a platform wide auction house.
Will each server have their own auction house, or will it be a platform-wide auction house? What are your thoughts of one AH shared across all servers per platform (iOS or Android)?
You must be new here. Que the rage posts.
Some quick thoughts of my own regarding a single, shared AH:
  • * This would go a long way toward balancing the economies across worlds; would this be good or bad? (pros and cons here I am sure.)

Bad overall. Each world has a different economy and it would crash many of them to suddenly mix after years of isolation.
  • * The prices of common necessities like lixes would be normalized across all servers
    * This would help balance out times when some servers currently experience scarcity of needed items, resulting in crazy prices.

* This would allow all worlds the opportunity of gaining rare items that may currently be non-existant or scarce on some servers.
* This could speed up the buying and selling process for items that would move more slowly in a single server, as the market would be much larger.
Except when everyone does this on all worlds it removes any benefit.
* people that want to transfer items between worlds could now do it safely
[/list]
Except you can't. If you put a low price someone could snipe it before you can buy it, for a high price you might just have well bought it in trade. You can more or less safely do it now by selling items for gold and xfering it in many small amounts. You can only be scammed a small sum then.

Will probably have more thoughts to add later...
Nothing good will come from a merge of the servers economies.
Server economies isn't the problem. Yea it cripples server economies but that won't matter because the cross server economy would flourish and every world would gain off of it which is a big positive for many reasons. What makes it a bad idea is that you got worlds full of strict clan rules that limits your ability to do what you want with items that "belong" to the clan, and then there is Epona, the odd ball lol. Epona would instantly become a breeding ground for those looking for gear that can't be sold on their own servers, sucking Epona dry while others gain.
Economics is a broad term, it just doesn't mean prices of items, rare or otherwise. The Epona scenario also falls under economics, akin to Trade. It's like a a country that exports all its goods to other counties without its countrymen being able to buy it from their own.
Bob The God

I would like server xfers but only non trade items come with you :).
This could work.
Bob The God

I would like server xfers but only non trade items come with you :).
This could work.
With limits. Even this is a potential minefield. How would Nuada players feel if a raft of players with edl and other such eg no trade gear turned up?
This could be a starting point but then needs a lot more work to fine tune many different scenarios and exceptions.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so