Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Legacy Lux Vendor

The lux shop has been a massive sink in nuada I dropped 30m into it alone without getting a reaper
Pretty sure being a gold sink is the whole point.
Clearly I know that... which is why I said it?

Bob said the lux shop doesn't function like it should, yet it clearly does and is functioning like it should: a gold sink.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

If they want a gold sink then how about this idea.

Make a Legacy only Auction House. Put every legacy item that was ever put into the game in that auction house. Start the bid at the price that item sold for when it was new. Make each auction last 7 days. As soon as each Auction ends relist each item. That means only 52 of each item will enter the server max per year. If that is to much then make each auction last 2 weeks so only 26 go into the market each year.

However the beautiful thing is that it would still be a huge gold sink. People who want the super powerful stuff like a reaper ring will go into a bidding war and you could see tens of millions leave the market every auction. I am sure there are people out there that would buy or bid to buy a reaper ring at 6 - 10 million. However many of those people are not going to gamble 10 million buying crap rings on the hopes that a reaper ring drops.

Make a Legacy only Auction House. Put every legacy item that was ever put into the game in that auction house. Start the bid at the price that item sold for when it was new. Make each auction last 7 days. As soon as each Auction ends relist each item. That means only 52 of each item will enter the server max per year. If that is to much then make each auction last 2 weeks so only 26 go into the market each year.

However the beautiful thing is that it would still be a huge gold sink. People who want the super powerful stuff like a reaper ring will go into a bidding war and you could see tens of millions leave the market every auction. I am sure there are people out there that would buy or bid to buy a reaper ring at 6 - 10 million. However many of those people are not going to gamble 10 million buying crap rings on the hopes that a reaper ring drops.
I like this idea.
Hadn't thought about timers in the sense of campers, thats a good point, we have plenty of those. I havent seen a boss in otherworld for literally months.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I like this idea.
Hadn't thought about timers in the sense of campers, thats a good point, we have plenty of those. I havent seen a boss in otherworld for literally months.
i have nothing to do with that ;)

The lux shop has been a massive sink in nuada I dropped 30m into it alone without getting a reaper
Pretty sure being a gold sink is the whole point.
Clearly I know that... which is why I said it?

Bob said the lux shop doesn't function like it should, yet it clearly does and is functioning like it should: a gold sink.
I'm saying it doesn't work properly on my server at least. On arawn same items are always in unless a reset puts something sexy in. I can count on one hand the number of times someone has bought something in hopes that something better would come in... Maybe it works well on other servers, but arawn is super risk adverse.

Eh, i still think the best thing would be for the lux shop to respawn the items randomly, kind of like how legacy spawns. No hard time, but it should change around every 1/2 weeks. This way you can still gamble, you can't camp, well i guess you could, but there is a chance it will never change (like how there is a chance a legacy will never spawn).

All in all i think we are just going to be stuck with what we have.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

The fix is to make legacy lux items less powerful than ones obtained through raiding. or questing.
The main issue with "lux" items is they're so OP for their level, so they're very much desired.
The game is so broken when the best rings and necklaces are still from 2013 and 2014.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

The fix is to make legacy lux items less powerful than ones obtained through raiding. or questing.
The main issue with "lux" items is they're so OP for their level, so they're very much desired.
The game is so broken when the best rings and necklaces are still from 2013 and 2014.
Definitely... There should be more and better items that add percentage bonuses to stats, rather than flat rates, and offhands/haste items/regen items should be available as boss drops. (Ik about dl/edl offhands, I mean drops of actual, tradeable items). The legacy lux shop should be fixed too, but I don't know why both couldn't happen. Streamline the legacy lux shop, and add some lux-equivalent bosses.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Lol theres no fix because in OTM's eyes there's no problem; it's very much intentional from OTM. It's so secondary clans can still stand a chance against clans that regularly raid.

It's definitely an issue, but it won't be fixed because OTM don't see it as a problem.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Lol theres no fix because in OTM's eyes there's no problem; it's very much intentional from OTM. It's so secondary clans can still stand a chance against clans that regularly raid.

It's definitely an issue, but it won't be fixed because OTM don't see it as a problem.
This sounds accurate, the celtic heroes experience is on a decline and if they choose to ignore issues like this they are just digging themselves into a hole. I absolutely hate that my ammy is lux and anybody can get this with gold, no raiding necessary. I hate how some lux can compare to gear obtained through raiding it just devalues the raiding experience.

OTM can still give secondary clans a chance by eliminating the need for endgame clans to kill 190 raid bosses, once secondary clans obtain gear from 190 raids they can attempt to compete with end game clans. Guess they don't think like that.