Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: idea #2 gods of the arena

No.
I know that this is exactly like a predominantly non pvp mmorpg, and nothing like a predominantly pvp mmorpg
Still not confirmed by anyone, just an assumption made by someone.
You'll find that it's actually deductive reasoning based on the given evidence.
If OTM developed CH as an mmorpg with a predominant pvp element, then they have failed quite badly. If, in the other hand, they developed the game as a mostly non pvp mmorpg then they have succeeded incredibly well.
From this it's a fairly straight forward deduction to say that OTM did not develop CH to have a large pvp element to the gameplay.
Just assumptions.

Read the first word in the title... yep the whole point of the thread is its just an idea. Chill out with the boring "too much effort would detract from other areas of development" or "if you want a better experience then you need to look at other mmorpgs". Look at fishing... its a dead content (ye i made an assumption but i can admit to that ;) ), they wasted so much development time in that (and most players cant even be bothered to fish or got bored of it fast) when they could have maybe improved some of the content thats already in game... like i dont know maybe pvp?

Nothing worse than when someone suggests an idea to improve something in game then someone else who thinks hes entitled comes barging in telling that person to look for another game instead.
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

Still not confirmed by anyone, just an assumption made by someone.
You'll find that it's actually deductive reasoning based on the given evidence.
If OTM developed CH as an mmorpg with a predominant pvp element, then they have failed quite badly. If, in the other hand, they developed the game as a mostly non pvp mmorpg then they have succeeded incredibly well.
From this it's a fairly straight forward deduction to say that OTM did not develop CH to have a large pvp element to the gameplay.
Just assumptions.

Read the first word in the title... yep the whole point of the thread is its just an idea. Chill out with the boring "too much effort would detract from other areas of development" or "if you want a better experience then you need to look at other mmorpgs". Look at fishing... its a dead content (ye i made an assumption but i can admit to that ;) ), they wasted so much development time in that (and most players cant even be bothered to fish or got bored of it fast) when they could have maybe improved some of the content thats already in game... like i dont know maybe pvp?

Nothing worse than when someone suggests an idea to improve something in game then someone else who thinks hes entitled comes barging in telling that person to look for another game instead.
Virtually the entire world is pve. There is one very small part of one zone for dueling and about 3/4 of one very small zone for open pvp. There are no pvp servers. These are facts. Therefore the fact is this is very predominately a pve game with a small pvp element. This is not a pvp game. To suggest that the developers therefore chose to create a pvp mmorpg is beyond ridiculous, so to say they have chosen to develop a pve mmorpg requires no assumption.

As far as the 'boring argument', unfortunately it's very valid.
OTM created a pve mmorpg and in doing so created a very fine, well crafted mobile version of that genre. Arguably amongst the best mobile mmorpgs, despite some of the flaws and issues cause by very limited resources inherent from a small indie company. In order to maintain and strengthen their market position, they need to keep doing the things that got them into that position in the first place. Namely developing and expanding on the pve mmorpg gameplay. To try and diversify with such limited resources would be hugely risky.

OK, so the pvp side could be improved, but any development should be limited to minor enhancements. Maybe OTM will grow so that they can put more effort in expanding the pvp side without neglecting the core of the game in future, but until then keeping the core gameplay growing needs to be the continued focus.

You wouldn't expect someone to join a tennis club with a dozen all weather courts and then ask the owner if he would remove the net from one of them and put in a pair of five a-side nets instead so they can play football occasionally. They would quite rightly told to go to a sports centre that has five a-side pitches. So why should it be different for a computer game?
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

You wouldn't expect someone to join a tennis club with a dozen all weather courts and then ask the owner if he would remove the net from one of them and put in a pair of five a-side nets instead so they can play football occasionally. They would quite rightly told to go to a sports centre that has five a-side pitches. So why should it be different for a computer game?
Pretty sure the op didnt say anything about removing anything in the game, he gave an idea to improve one aspect of the game that is quite popular to a lot of players but completely lacking ffs lmao. Tennis and football are completely different sports.. PvE and PvP are both parts of this game so those two dont even compare.

If a customer suggested something to a company to help them improve something only an idiot would tell that customer to go away, luckily youre not part of that company in this case.

Like i said before, theres nothing worse than when someone suggests an idea to improve something in game then someone else who thinks hes entitled comes barging in telling that person to look for another game instead.
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

It mystifies me that people like Robbo are quick to poopoo any mention of upgrading pvp content in ch. it's as if they fear their campers will abandon their positions and jump to the nonsensical pvp dark side. Type As will never get it. Pvp is fun!!! One of the biggest reasons people leave game is because they lose interest at end game. What was once fun becomes a monotony of camping, times, calls, with no purpose. Believe me I've got plenty of that crap irl, if I'm going to be in that mind frame all the time I'm going to use it to make real $ not gold and gear. I play because I like to have fun , comradery , and to be a pvp ass. Yes it's great!!! What people are suggesting here are great ideas like a pvp build hot bar button system where you could set two builds and an interserver pvp zone. I'm betting you'd see more interest in the game in general if more pvp content were added. It would give people even more incentive to camp and participate in bosses. Think about it. A player gets their ass handed to them and is sent packing to get better gear and come back. Competition is fun and inspires us to get stronger , it's part of life. Want more players? Want more interest? More competition? More participation? Add some pvp and see what happens

@ Robbo, I was merely suggesting an addition to the pvp. At not moment I suggested that OTM should change the game from pve to completely pvp style of game. If you don’t like my idea, just say that you disagree and provide your argument why it’s not a good idea.

I do prefer for OTM to focus mainly on addition of new content, but from observation during the beta testing, I thought that many players would like to have a feature that allows them to challenge players from other servers. That is the reason I asked the community’s opinion on the subject to see how many would like to see it implemented. This way we are providing ideas to OTM, and it’s up to them if they want to implement it in the future.

And as you have read the other players’ comments, so far many of them do believe that some upgrade to the current pvp would be nice. As Ballr stated, an inter-server pvp can be an incentive for players to become stronger. And challenging other players outside your server in pvp would be fun.
Name: Madara uchiha
Power Lvl: 222
Fishing Lvl: 179
Cooking Lvl: 23

Name: ltachi Uchiha
Power Lvl: 121

Name: Julius Caesar
Power Lvl: 145

I know a lot of peeps like to blast OTM , myself included at times, for not doing this or that and how slow they can be to get updates out, etc., but let’s reflect on some of what was promised in the original tower beta for a moment shall we...

Maybe not everything we all wanted in these screen caps but you are being a giant tool if you refuse to acknowledge that they have at least done what was said in the snippets of convo with Richard. I am not digging out all the screen caps from it but they know it is broken. Cross server pvp is still on the table to my knowledge, so let’s just relax and see what happens with pvp.

Content or pvp? Probably best to keep focusing on content for now and at some point pvp changes may just be a whole zone instead of just one tiny little arena...
Attachments
C389AE30-FA82-44BF-AB9E-B200189BDAC4.jpeg
C389AE30-FA82-44BF-AB9E-B200189BDAC4.jpeg (135.3 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
A211E2DE-913E-48D1-8A43-FF372EB34BD2.jpeg
A211E2DE-913E-48D1-8A43-FF372EB34BD2.jpeg (190.69 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
FDC6979B-2D38-4D09-BE5F-FF998605A7F4.jpeg
FDC6979B-2D38-4D09-BE5F-FF998605A7F4.jpeg (164.99 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

Inter world arena would be fun and lol @ the comment about fishing...
Yeah some of that was met with luke warm reception at best, but it is what it is. The old screen caps are always good for something if not a few laughs. ;)

Found one more...crit skills and that is here as well...
Attachments
A30B3D18-9E19-491D-AF85-DBAD1C7F589F.jpeg
A30B3D18-9E19-491D-AF85-DBAD1C7F589F.jpeg (178.24 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless