Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How total damage is calculated

But your damage isn't completely reset, the group always keeps your damage. For example I was doing skain yesterday and sreng 6 spawned so me and 2 other memebers went to kill sreng 6, we came back to skain at the last 5% and I still got the kill.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

But your damage isn't completely reset, the group always keeps your damage. For example I was doing skain yesterday and sreng 6 spawned so me and 2 other memebers went to kill sreng 6, we came back to skain at the last 5% and I still got the kill.
When you leave, you lose your damage. When you return, it comes back.

Ex: you kill 90% of skain and leave. You won't get kill.

Ex 2: you kill 90% of skain, leave, and come back. You will get kill.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

If you stand too far from the spawn point your damage resets, its just like logging off.
I've counterproved this. As long as someone in your group is still within range you can be outside range and have your damage not only count towards kill but towards lock. I take advantage of this at helis all the time as I get aggro every time :/ yet I still get the heli kills.

If everyone in your group that is in range dies though then lock resets and you "wipe"
Try doing this at Cragskor. You won't get lock if 7 people are outside range and 1 person in range vs a full group in range.
If you are in range to get gold then your damage counts. Can't say exactly where the line border is, but if you run away too far, it's just like leaving the battle, and you're just not included anymore.
At gele heli the border is the stairs, I get kill every time and i'm out of the mob's range. I go there specifically because i won't steal aggro from tank or a rogue and so I won't die. I do same thing at flappy and same deal. As for locking we always have our icemages on the stairs, typically with a rogue or 2 and sometimes a bold icemage who doesn't value pink pots inside the pit.

Never seen anything to counter that your dps counts as long as you are in lock group and person in range in group doesn't wipe.

EDIT: clarification, flappy is cragskor
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Ventius and Bobs replies are correct, and to word Vents explanation differently: The person who did the most damage in the group that did the most damage gets the kill. Lock has nothing to do with the kill other than to show which grp has done the most up until the actual lock (before taking into account level locks/dc etc). Aileron saying having 1 person in aggro range of 205 wont secure lock if other 7 is out of range is false, and I've personally been that 1 in aggro range many times. Sadly I've also been the one to die while being the only one in range, which resets our grps damage entirely, losing lock. The trick is to make sure that 1 person is never ever out of range or the dmg doesnt count. If he dies just once or walks a step out of range for even a fraction of a moment your groups damage resets and you wont lock, because the game thinks your group wiped (none within boss range)
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis

This also bring up another question; although it may have a quick answer, I wonder if anyone has tested it. So my thought process goes like this: If damage is still calculated even if you're out of range(assuming 1 person is within range), then could you hit any mob(ex: prot adds at prot rather than main himself) and have that damage be counted toward the group damage and therefore count as damage dealt to main? Probably not but would like to hear from you guys.

This also bring up another question; although it may have a quick answer, I wonder if anyone has tested it. So my thought process goes like this: If damage is still calculated even if you're out of range(assuming 1 person is within range), then could you hit any mob(ex: prot adds at prot rather than main himself) and have that damage be counted toward the group damage and therefore count as damage dealt to main? Probably not but would like to hear from you guys.
Do you mean like if you hit an add with aoe and the aoe damages the main mob? if so yes, so long as
1) you are in lock group for main boss
2) you have someone in range of boss in lcok group (which if you didn't you wouldn't be lock group :P )

The general rule is that a mob will reset DPS towards it and thus reset the lock and the boss if no one in range and alive to take aggro if
1) everyone dies
2) lock group dies || Lock group is considered dead if:
a) everyone in range of boss dies
b) everyone in lock dies
c) no one in range of boss anymore
d) servers crash

And your DPS to a boss will be reset to 0 if
1) you die outside lock group
2) you are not in lock group and are go outside aggro range for a boss
3) you DC/relog/whatever your excuse is for logging off ;)

Not sure why this is the way it works, it seems as if the servers are trying to limit the data stored so if you aren't in lock I guess the system considers you to not be apart of the kill, or if you log off because you disconnected you are no longer apart of the kill. Would be interesting to see this changed in a later update so that way we can get a true who killed the boss, not who organized the lock group that gets them the kill.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

And your DPS to a boss will be reset to 0 if
1) you die outside lock group
2) you are not in lock group and are go outside aggro range for a boss
1) this one can not be true. I have quite a few gelebron and prot kills from outside of lock where i have died several times throughout. My guess is it works the same as in lock group. You can die outside of lock as long as your group does not wipe and reset damage to 0.
2) also works same as being in lock group. If you are not inside the lock your damage is still counted as long as atleast 1 group member is within range.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple