Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How are drops collected in your world?

Epona has a slightly more complicated rule system. We do not have dominant clans. The system depends on the boss. For example on gele, once it dies all drops go to the tank. Then drops r called. The ppl who are the class of the drop may roll for it. I'm a druid on epona so I can roll for druid items. Say a totem drops, tank would call "roll druids then all ppl who can roll for druid do so, highest win. We have a dedicated class schedule for gele and prot. Every quarter you can choose what class you will roll for. I have a ranger druid and warrior. I can pick one of those. For more info on our server you can visit the epona thread, Alos/Wolfe have done a good job describing server. You can also ask any lvl215 player in epona.
Can people roll for those drops with the intention to sell?
Yes. I mean it’s your drop once you win. It’s better to keep the drops on the server then dropping them in the bank for 3937 years

Top Donn clan drops go to highest rank present who mails them into bank. Requests for items are made to the bank. All bank items belong to clan and are exchanged for new gear from bank or returned when leaving clan (hopefully).

I've heard 2nd clan, Vikings, roll off for Relevant classes present with exceptional items being voted on by a council of gens of the relevant class.

IDK about Loyal heroes, 3rd place clan.
How many hats?

Server: Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Toons
Aoifa Strongbow-Mage-220
Naughty Vines-Druid-195l
Geriatric Ninja-Rogue-140

Epona has a slightly more complicated rule system. We do not have dominant clans. The system depends on the boss. For example on gele, once it dies all drops go to the tank. Then drops r called. The ppl who are the class of the drop may roll for it. I'm a druid on epona so I can roll for druid items. Say a totem drops, tank would call "roll druids then all ppl who can roll for druid do so, highest win. We have a dedicated class schedule for gele and prot. Every quarter you can choose what class you will roll for. I have a ranger druid and warrior. I can pick one of those. For more info on our server you can visit the epona thread, Alos/Wolfe have done a good job describing server. You can also ask any lvl215 player in epona.
Can people roll for those drops with the intention to sell?
Yes. I mean it’s your drop once you win. It’s better to keep the drops on the server then dropping them in the bank for 3937 years
Good drops won't be banked for 3937 years.

How would you feel if someone rolled and won a godly prot attack brace while you had been coming to prot since its release, and then they end up "selling" it to their friend.

Fact is, rolling poses too many problems on a game where the best items barely drop.

People in Epona must be all from Vegas or something.
Wattzon of Sulis

Each endgame clan on Taranis does their drops a different way:

Pride uses DKP I believe. I hear it works great.

Benevolence uses simple rolling after each boss.

Aeon uses a "requirement to roll" system for Raids, where each raid boss has separate points, each drop has a point value, and the roll winner gets the drop in exchange for the point value. This prevents the "once in a blue moon player winning the void hally" that occurs in simple rollings, and the "godly item won for minimum bid" that occurs in bid systems.
You're confusing me, For Aeon clan, so you said each boss has separate points, has its value. The roll winner what do you mean by winner? like roll for drop? highest got the drop? what do you mean by "Not" a simple rolling? and get the drop in "Exchange" for point value? so in the end you will have to spend points on the item? you said it was not like a simple rolling (roll highest got) or godly bid with minimum bid (Dkp) So could you explain how does this system of yours different from normal rolling if in the end you will have to roll for it and if that once in a blue moon player come he should be able to roll if he already have the point to spend and roll for it, I mean what really is the Difference? Nothing! It's just make its more complicated.
I hope that one day, I will be able to ascend to "Heaven".
Where I play guitar and violin along with sipping a tea.
In a beautiful and breathtaking place and to converse in many languages.
That is my dream. That is my "Heaven"

Hey legbendz

Instead of talking unfathomable against dicing systems all these years why not be happy you have it so well and leave it at that. Phuk you used to blow yr mouth off about lugh before too. Fact is Dom clans ain't for everyone. Try going and starting up in a dom clan server when there are no decent drops in circulation and you can't group at bosses unless you join assholes like you. Kills the game actually. I can't imagine how many potential players have left the game over the years because of your holier than thou "I've been here longer, me me me attitude". Sure it would blow losing that drop after you've put in time, but that new player might quit before they ever even get the chance to obtain it on a lot of worlds.

Fact is Epona is a strong active server. More than can be said of about a lot of worlds right now. It takes longer to gear, but no where near as long as it takes to reach endgame on servers with competing clans.

"Hey kid, weren't you in our rival clan that we outlock all the time"
"Yyesss, sir, but I had to join them to get mid game gear sir"
"Sorry punk we don't take members from our rival clans"
"But please kind sir, I really want to reach end game, and and I'll buy you plat items . . ."
"Sorry kid back a the line I've been here longer"

Phuket
Pinterspupil

Hey legbendz

Instead of talking **** against dicing systems all these years why not be happy you have it so well and leave it at that. Phuk you used to blow yr mouth off about lugh before too. Fact is Dom clans ain't for everyone. Try going and starting up in a dom clan server when there are no decent drops in circulation and you can't group at bosses unless you join assholes like you. Kills the game actually. I can't imagine how many potential players have left the game over the years because of your holier than thou "I've been here longer, me me me attitude". Sure it would blow losing that drop after you've put in time, but that new player might quit before they ever even get the chance to obtain it on a lot of worlds.

Fact is Epona is a strong active server. More than can be said of about a lot of worlds right now. It takes longer to gear, but no where near as long as it takes to reach endgame on servers with competing clans.

"Hey kid, weren't you in our rival clan that we outlock all the time"
"Yyesss, sir, but I had to join them to get mid game gear sir"
"Sorry punk we don't take members from our rival clans"
"But please kind sir, I really want to reach end game, and and I'll buy you plat items . . ."
"Sorry kid back a the line I've been here longer"

Phuket
Feel better now? I like how someone critics a dicing system and the response they get are personal insults.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

You're confusing me, For Aeon clan, so you said each boss has separate points, has its value. The roll winner what do you mean by winner? like roll for drop? highest got the drop? what do you mean by "Not" a simple rolling? and get the drop in "Exchange" for point value? so in the end you will have to spend points on the item? you said it was not like a simple rolling (roll highest got) or godly bid with minimum bid (Dkp) So could you explain how does this system of yours different from normal rolling if in the end you will have to roll for it and if that once in a blue moon player come he should be able to roll if he already have the point to spend and roll for it, I mean what really is the Difference? Nothing! It's just make its more complicated.
Ok :) So... Three clannies, all rogues:

Clannie A has 500 Mordris Points
Clannie B has 750 Mordris Points
Clannie C has 1000 Mordris Points

Aeon kills Mordris, and a Godly Assassinate Brace drops!! The brace costs 600 points.

Clannie A is unable to roll for the brace, as they do not have the point requirement (hence "requirement to roll").
Clannie B and Clannie C both want the brace, so they roll for it. Say Clannie B wins the roll, they get the brace. Clannie B now has 150 Mordris Points.

"Once in a Blue Moon" players generally do not have the points for high-tier items, or if they do, it means their history includes a high effort:gear ratio. Whether you killed Mordris in 2014 or 2017, you still used elixirs and idols.

Instead of the player with the *most* effort getting the best drops, this method distributes drops along a tier band.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

On epona people do get annoyed ( I guess they keep it to them selves or just think blehh it's only a game ) when they lose I've seen some players win most of the time and I've seen players who have been there a while not win a thing at, all I've also seen players reach end game in 1 month and win good drops . Also reaching end game in epona is easier then any other server since you can buy dl / farm it .. ( not including weapons ). depend how often they camp it they can get dl in 2-3 weeks and they can get edl in like 2 weeks or buy the parts for less then a mill . On other servers you got to be in top clan to get dl/ edl that takes way to long plus you got to consider if top clan will even let you in which is probably not if you was a rival memeber previously so it would take atleast a year to get end game talking from personal experience here to i got better stuff / end game in 1month on epona compared to playing 2 years on another server and I still haven't reached end game . Just would like to say the difference why this will never work on arawn is because epona players age 30 : they act 30 Arawn age 30: they act 12 + 80 (80 because enforce strict rules - 12 because they greedy as hell for drops cry like b**** to if something doesn't go there way "" mommy mommmy mordris didn't drop a void helm can you complain to otm for me" (sobs)
----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

Ok :) So... Three clannies, all rogues:

Clannie A has 500 Mordris Points
Clannie B has 750 Mordris Points
Clannie C has 1000 Mordris Points

Aeon kills Mordris, and a Godly Assassinate Brace drops!! The brace costs 600 points.

Clannie A is unable to roll for the brace, as they do not have the point requirement (hence "requirement to roll").
Clannie B and Clannie C both want the brace, so they roll for it. Say Clannie B wins the roll, they get the brace. Clannie B now has 150 Mordris Points.

"Once in a Blue Moon" players generally do not have the points for high-tier items, or if they do, it means their history includes a high effort:gear ratio. Whether you killed Mordris in 2014 or 2017, you still used elixirs and idols.

Instead of the player with the *most* effort getting the best drops, this method distributes drops along a tier band.
Does your world has a decay system? cause if it isnt then that once in a moon player with significant points can come up and roll for the item he wanted. In my world, Sulis there is no decay. Therefore the points keep stacking up and decrease due purchasing the DKP items.
I hope that one day, I will be able to ascend to "Heaven".
Where I play guitar and violin along with sipping a tea.
In a beautiful and breathtaking place and to converse in many languages.
That is my dream. That is my "Heaven"