Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Community: let's figure out the correlation of attack with hit chance

There is obviously some formula for the relationship between these two.

So I ask you all to do this if possible:

Find a 4* mob. Have a tank hold aggro. You will just be autoing.

Count the hits and misses. Over the course of 3 minutes, count how many hit and miss. Do this three times and then average the two numbers out. Send these two numbers into this thread with your attack also included and what mob you were fighting. These will all be added to the main post.

Please help the community figure this out. I will work out the formulas. If all goes well... we should have a basic formula finished to figure out if attack plateaus, if it gives diminishing returns, and if it even matters past a point.

Thanks for reading, now let's get these tests done :)
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Re: Community: let's figure out the correlation of attack with hit chance

Is there a difference between a miss and a dodge? I've assumed, though only based on the wording, that a miss means that you failed to hit them, but a dodge means the mob moved out of the way. I.e. a miss is based on your attack stats, or lack of, and a dodge is based the mobs defense and evade stats.
Like I say, I have zero evidence this is the case and it's probably nonsense, but this is what I've assumed purely based on wording.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Is there a difference between a miss and a dodge? I've assumed, though only based on the wording, that a miss means that you failed to hit them, but a dodge means the mob moved out of the way. I.e. a miss is based on your attack stats, or lack of, and a dodge is based the mobs defense and evade stats.
Like I say, I have zero evidence this is the case and it's probably nonsense, but this is what I've assumed purely based on wording.
Not sure but this could be interesting.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Hit % = Your attack/(Your attack +target defense)

Thought everyone everywhere knew this by now
That's the basic point of it but some people have experienced diminishing returns and irregularities.

This thread was sparked by a post in another topic
Of course there will be diminished returns. Why wouldn't it. On a constant defense of 6000, the DPS gained by an attack raise of 7000 to 10000 will be higher than a raise of 15000 to 16000 attk.

I'm more intrigued about skill accuracy at this point and proc/crit consistency.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

I believe skill accuracy follows the same principle: % hit = skill_ability / (skill_ability + evasion)

I have yet to test this however...
According to OTM, it's only affected by mob level and its evasion ability, and vice versa. Skill ability is not part of the equation.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I believe skill accuracy follows the same principle: % hit = skill_ability / (skill_ability + evasion)

I have yet to test this however...
According to OTM, it's only affected by mob level and its evasion ability, and vice versa. Skill ability is not part of the equation.
I got statistically significant results when testing skill ability vs. evasions... I'll retest.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!