Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#51
Valrem wrote:
Kgrkid wrote:My point is that Valeren does not know how bad end game is right now, its stale and boring, especially with the amount of bottlenecks in the game.

This is true. I do not know personally how bad endgame is right now. What I do know is literally every endgame player I have directly spoken to in the game has agreed that events with limited content are just about the only reason they're still on the game after endgame, apart from friends. So how does removing chests help them? They can only add a little bit of permanent content at a time, and at some point that amount, overall, will reach too much to run on a simple mobile device, so they can't continue to add permanent content forever. If you managed to reach endgame, you're likely going to finish the new content rather quickly, and then where are you? Back where you started, in a bad endgame state, wanting new content for something to do. The chests, at the very least, allowed them to focus on collecting rares and improving their standing amongst the other players, rather than just stand around wondering what to do until you decide to quit. Please, let me know if you disagree. I can't speak for everyone; only those who shared their opinions with me, so I'm curious to see what debate you can present. This will help me widen my understanding of the player base.

Allow me to take this moment to clarify; my highest level character is 102. I have yet to reach endgame. To LocaCola and anyone else who agrees with his view on this entire situation, I apologize for my somewhat heated responses. As a friend of mine recently stated, "you have the right to an opinion; that doesn't mean your opinion is always right." I'll try harder to understand your side of the story next time, rather than present my own as the only option.

And to Kgrkid and anyone else reading this, I do not present this post in an arguementative way, but rather to impose friendly debate to broaden my view and try to get a better understanding of your opinions. Again, I apologize for my improper responses as of late and will try to do better moving forward, and thank you for taking the time to read my relatively long posts- I know they can be a bit dragged out sometimes :lol:

I have no problem with new chests. It the events that were the same old every 4 months.

I'm saying that before events even get considered, make more permanent end game and work on seasonal events after. Lvl1-150 is enjoyable loads of quests to do and you don't even have to camp many bosses. The game is very poorly designed, but there is a whole lot of room to fix up.

Edit: permanent content doesn't have to be end game either. Cooking is coming out, and crafting later. I hope crafting is very enjoyable compared to fishing. Quests to get amours, more mid-end game bosses etc.
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)
Image

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#52
Kgrkid wrote:Permanent content. It sucks being eg for 6 years and only see 6 eg bosses, and next to the same amount of quest armour.
Edit: also crafting would be neat in the next 3-6 months rather than 2 years. Thanks


Cool crafting weapons i dunno if this will work or not but we have to use gold or token to upgrade weapon 1 level = 1 token, 2 level = 2 token......100 level = 100 token.

Would be cool to see from
Thaumaturgic dagger (Level 1)
125 pierce
2184 speed
700 dagger

to

Thaumaturgic dagger (Level 100)
1250 pierce
2000 speed
3700 dagger

Would be cool
CheezWiz: thats because leo is a god

"White Hunter is not a piece of fashion, Everything has a soul. Treat it with respect, all fashion has love for their owner"

Image

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#53
Loco cola wrote:
Valrem wrote:
Loco cola wrote:It's not an insult it's a statement based on my experiences with you. And I just realized your highest level toon is 100 so I'm done here lol

I do believe regardless of whether it's "based on your experiences" or not, it still qualifies. But I may be wrong. Yes, my highest is 100, but I have been a player since 2013. Does the level of my current highest character really negate the validity of my opinions, especially when compared to the amount of time I have used the game? I've never really enjoyed the combat system when its so strongly based on your gear, particularly luxury items, so I usually spend most of my time in the Castle trying to work my way up to being able to afford that gear. This is probably why I've come to so strongly approve of chests; the purchase to resell value on chests is the main thing that helps any merchant player increase their share of gold, if they strike lucky.

Not sure what you're smoking but majority of merchants sell items from old events and such.

I'd like to clarify I'm not trying to get rid of new chests. We already have tokens which just ruined the entire fashion system.

Get rid of fash tokens in chests and add in a chance to get mounts ranging 80% to 100%.

Or another possibility, keep tokens and make only sparkly fashion directly from chests.

Also please ffs otm give heroic lixs higher drop chance.

Also vale, you being a castle camper doesn't help your case. I and many others agree castle campers should have no opinion on the direction of this game. If your opinion instantly gains validity because you started in 2013 then mine is also correct.

Being someone who plays/played on 6-10 servers, I know the wide outreach events and chests had. In all honesty people HATED the bosses of the majority of events. The only thing they are good for is getting miscs. There's really no reason for more event bosses. There's no need for fashion FOR NOW. Rimebound and aeon chests should stay until otm gets these bugs flattened and finishes release on these two updates, preferably longer. Cosmetic items aren't our priority.

I do not recall ever stating that your opinion has no validity; only that mine has some, as well. How does spending time earning gold in the castle make your opinion invalid? These are the facts: you need good gear to get stronger in the game. Unless you have a ton of time on your hands to farm, the only way to do that is some retail, which works best in the castle due to the concentration of players there. Once you earn the gold to get your new gear, you leave the castle and start to gradually grind to the next levels. I said my highest is level 100; that toon didn't just magically appear. I had to spend time outside of the castle to grind and work with quests, etc. Meaning I do understand a decent portion of the game, and whether you think "castle campers" have an opinion or not, I do. Now, the only way I would ever have reached that level to begin with, because I don't have time to farm and grind, is through the events and chests that came with them. If there wasn't events, there wouldn't be chests. If there wasn't chests, there wouldn't be the items from old events that you mentioned, meaning - as I previously stated - that chests are the main source of income for merchants. Please, explain to me how my reasoning insinuates that I'm smoking something.

Voldemort's highest level character is on Lugh and is level 127+. He hasn't reached endgame and he spends much more time on the forums than in-game. All this he said himself in his Introduction. Yet here, he writes:

"Voldemort wrote:
It's something that I might like to see brought back once OTM have caught up on all their current permanent content ideas. For now, I think it's a good idea to focus on permanent content. :)"

Muldar's highest level character is 172+. He hasn't reached endgame and you rarely see him in the actual game; he spends more time on the forums, doing his job.

According to your ideas on who has the right to give their opinion on the game, neither of these two and countless others apply. Would you like to write to OTM and tell them their forums Moderator and Admin can no longer voice what they want to see in the game, or should I quote it for you? EVERYONE has the right to give their opinion, it is up to OTM to decide which route they want to take.
Image


Aetheon - 100+ Rogue on Lir
KserRogue - 90+ Rogue on Epona
Hero of Dal Riata since Beltane 2013

"Failure to plan is planning to fail."

"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond you."

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#54
Kgrkid wrote:
Valrem wrote:
Kgrkid wrote:My point is that Valeren does not know how bad end game is right now, its stale and boring, especially with the amount of bottlenecks in the game.

This is true. I do not know personally how bad endgame is right now. What I do know is literally every endgame player I have directly spoken to in the game has agreed that events with limited content are just about the only reason they're still on the game after endgame, apart from friends. So how does removing chests help them? They can only add a little bit of permanent content at a time, and at some point that amount, overall, will reach too much to run on a simple mobile device, so they can't continue to add permanent content forever. If you managed to reach endgame, you're likely going to finish the new content rather quickly, and then where are you? Back where you started, in a bad endgame state, wanting new content for something to do. The chests, at the very least, allowed them to focus on collecting rares and improving their standing amongst the other players, rather than just stand around wondering what to do until you decide to quit. Please, let me know if you disagree. I can't speak for everyone; only those who shared their opinions with me, so I'm curious to see what debate you can present. This will help me widen my understanding of the player base.

Allow me to take this moment to clarify; my highest level character is 102. I have yet to reach endgame. To LocaCola and anyone else who agrees with his view on this entire situation, I apologize for my somewhat heated responses. As a friend of mine recently stated, "you have the right to an opinion; that doesn't mean your opinion is always right." I'll try harder to understand your side of the story next time, rather than present my own as the only option.

And to Kgrkid and anyone else reading this, I do not present this post in an arguementative way, but rather to impose friendly debate to broaden my view and try to get a better understanding of your opinions. Again, I apologize for my improper responses as of late and will try to do better moving forward, and thank you for taking the time to read my relatively long posts- I know they can be a bit dragged out sometimes :lol:

I have no problem with new chests. It the events that were the same old every 4 months.

I'm saying that before events even get considered, make more permanent end game and work on seasonal events after. Lvl1-150 is enjoyable loads of quests to do and you don't even have to camp many bosses. The game is very poorly designed, but there is a whole lot of room to fix up.

Edit: permanent content doesn't have to be end game either. Cooking is coming out, and crafting later. I hope crafting is very enjoyable compared to fishing. Quests to get amours, more mid-end game bosses etc.

Crafting sounds like it would be dope. I'm down for that! And my bad, I mistook what you originally said for you being anti-chests, not just anti-events. If they broke off the two and just released new chests without similar events, while focusing on more important content, that would probably work better for everyone.
Image


Aetheon - 100+ Rogue on Lir
KserRogue - 90+ Rogue on Epona
Hero of Dal Riata since Beltane 2013

"Failure to plan is planning to fail."

"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond you."

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#55
Laplace wrote:
Kgrkid wrote:Permanent content. It sucks being eg for 6 years and only see 6 eg bosses, and next to the same amount of quest armour.
Edit: also crafting would be neat in the next 3-6 months rather than 2 years. Thanks


Cool crafting weapons i dunno if this will work or not but we have to use gold or token to upgrade weapon 1 level = 1 token, 2 level = 2 token......100 level = 100 token.

Would be cool to see from
Thaumaturgic dagger (Level 1)
125 pierce
2184 speed
700 dagger

to

Thaumaturgic dagger (Level 100)
1250 pierce
2000 speed
3700 dagger

Would be cool

How long did it take you to make that sig video? :lol: it's rad, though.

I like the crafting levels idea you proposed, though I think instead of making it an increasing value of tokens and 100 levels, maybe it should come with a total of three levels, each level requiring a lot more materials only obtainable through quests that you can only do once each day. This would make it a longer process and less pay-to-win (presuming, that is, that the tokens you mentioned were only available through platinum), causing only the most dedicated players to have the strongest gear. What do you think about this alteration?
Image


Aetheon - 100+ Rogue on Lir
KserRogue - 90+ Rogue on Epona
Hero of Dal Riata since Beltane 2013

"Failure to plan is planning to fail."

"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond you."

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#56
Valrem wrote:
Loco cola wrote:
Valrem wrote:I do believe regardless of whether it's "based on your experiences" or not, it still qualifies. But I may be wrong. Yes, my highest is 100, but I have been a player since 2013. Does the level of my current highest character really negate the validity of my opinions, especially when compared to the amount of time I have used the game? I've never really enjoyed the combat system when its so strongly based on your gear, particularly luxury items, so I usually spend most of my time in the Castle trying to work my way up to being able to afford that gear. This is probably why I've come to so strongly approve of chests; the purchase to resell value on chests is the main thing that helps any merchant player increase their share of gold, if they strike lucky.

Not sure what you're smoking but majority of merchants sell items from old events and such.

I'd like to clarify I'm not trying to get rid of new chests. We already have tokens which just ruined the entire fashion system.

Get rid of fash tokens in chests and add in a chance to get mounts ranging 80% to 100%.

Or another possibility, keep tokens and make only sparkly fashion directly from chests.

Also please ffs otm give heroic lixs higher drop chance.

Also vale, you being a castle camper doesn't help your case. I and many others agree castle campers should have no opinion on the direction of this game. If your opinion instantly gains validity because you started in 2013 then mine is also correct.

Being someone who plays/played on 6-10 servers, I know the wide outreach events and chests had. In all honesty people HATED the bosses of the majority of events. The only thing they are good for is getting miscs. There's really no reason for more event bosses. There's no need for fashion FOR NOW. Rimebound and aeon chests should stay until otm gets these bugs flattened and finishes release on these two updates, preferably longer. Cosmetic items aren't our priority.

I do not recall ever stating that your opinion has no validity; only that mine has some, as well. How does spending time earning gold in the castle make your opinion invalid? These are the facts: you need good gear to get stronger in the game. Unless you have a ton of time on your hands to farm, the only way to do that is some retail, which works best in the castle due to the concentration of players there. Once you earn the gold to get your new gear, you leave the castle and start to gradually grind to the next levels. I said my highest is level 100; that toon didn't just magically appear. I had to spend time outside of the castle to grind and work with quests, etc. Meaning I do understand a decent portion of the game, and whether you think "castle campers" have an opinion or not, I do. Now, the only way I would ever have reached that level to begin with, because I don't have time to farm and grind, is through the events and chests that came with them. If there wasn't events, there wouldn't be chests. If there wasn't chests, there wouldn't be the items from old events that you mentioned, meaning - as I previously stated - that chests are the main source of income for merchants. Please, explain to me how my reasoning insinuates that I'm smoking something.

Voldemort's highest level character is on Lugh and is level 127+. He hasn't reached endgame and he spends much more time on the forums than in-game. All this he said himself in his Introduction. Yet here, he writes:

"Voldemort wrote:
It's something that I might like to see brought back once OTM have caught up on all their current permanent content ideas. For now, I think it's a good idea to focus on permanent content. :)"

Muldar's highest level character is 172+. He hasn't reached endgame and you rarely see him in the actual game; he spends more time on the forums, doing his job.

According to your ideas on who has the right to give their opinion on the game, neither of these two and countless others apply. Would you like to write to OTM and tell them their forums Moderator and Admin can no longer voice what they want to see in the game, or should I quote it for you? EVERYONE has the right to give their opinion, it is up to OTM to decide which route they want to take.

100 isn't even 1/5 of the way to endgame. 127 isn't even 1/4. 172 isnt even 1/2. Volde doesn't play game, therefore his opinion about things is based on what he reads alone. Muldar doesn't play much band when he did he had things handed to him by players wanting to butter up an otm admin. They have rights to their opinions but whether their opinion holds merit or not is a whole different discussion. Don't get your pantys in a bunch because I disagree with you. If you went out and actually played the game instead of treating it like social hour you would be a much higher level. How do you think people are already 220 on Nuada, which was released about a month ago? They have dl sets too. You are probably full warden at best at level 100 sitting around castle. You're a noob. You're not experienced in the game yet. I repeat; YOU HAVE NO MERIT TO YOUR OPINIONS!! your opinions hold no merit, and therefore you don't have the right to attack people 5x a day on this thread. *** off.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#57
Public events are always good, I used to love them on Destiny.
I’m sure they are possible and if they become common place could give people something to work harder towards.

Image
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
Under construction ?150+
Under construction ?190+

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#58
Loco cola wrote:
Valrem wrote:
Loco cola wrote:Not sure what you're smoking but majority of merchants sell items from old events and such.

I'd like to clarify I'm not trying to get rid of new chests. We already have tokens which just ruined the entire fashion system.

Get rid of fash tokens in chests and add in a chance to get mounts ranging 80% to 100%.

Or another possibility, keep tokens and make only sparkly fashion directly from chests.

Also please ffs otm give heroic lixs higher drop chance.

Also vale, you being a castle camper doesn't help your case. I and many others agree castle campers should have no opinion on the direction of this game. If your opinion instantly gains validity because you started in 2013 then mine is also correct.

Being someone who plays/played on 6-10 servers, I know the wide outreach events and chests had. In all honesty people HATED the bosses of the majority of events. The only thing they are good for is getting miscs. There's really no reason for more event bosses. There's no need for fashion FOR NOW. Rimebound and aeon chests should stay until otm gets these bugs flattened and finishes release on these two updates, preferably longer. Cosmetic items aren't our priority.

I do not recall ever stating that your opinion has no validity; only that mine has some, as well. How does spending time earning gold in the castle make your opinion invalid? These are the facts: you need good gear to get stronger in the game. Unless you have a ton of time on your hands to farm, the only way to do that is some retail, which works best in the castle due to the concentration of players there. Once you earn the gold to get your new gear, you leave the castle and start to gradually grind to the next levels. I said my highest is level 100; that toon didn't just magically appear. I had to spend time outside of the castle to grind and work with quests, etc. Meaning I do understand a decent portion of the game, and whether you think "castle campers" have an opinion or not, I do. Now, the only way I would ever have reached that level to begin with, because I don't have time to farm and grind, is through the events and chests that came with them. If there wasn't events, there wouldn't be chests. If there wasn't chests, there wouldn't be the items from old events that you mentioned, meaning - as I previously stated - that chests are the main source of income for merchants. Please, explain to me how my reasoning insinuates that I'm smoking something.

Voldemort's highest level character is on Lugh and is level 127+. He hasn't reached endgame and he spends much more time on the forums than in-game. All this he said himself in his Introduction. Yet here, he writes:

"Voldemort wrote:
It's something that I might like to see brought back once OTM have caught up on all their current permanent content ideas. For now, I think it's a good idea to focus on permanent content. :)"

Muldar's highest level character is 172+. He hasn't reached endgame and you rarely see him in the actual game; he spends more time on the forums, doing his job.

According to your ideas on who has the right to give their opinion on the game, neither of these two and countless others apply. Would you like to write to OTM and tell them their forums Moderator and Admin can no longer voice what they want to see in the game, or should I quote it for you? EVERYONE has the right to give their opinion, it is up to OTM to decide which route they want to take.

100 isn't even 1/5 of the way to endgame. 127 isn't even 1/4. 172 isnt even 1/2. Volde doesn't play game, therefore his opinion about things is based on what he reads alone. Muldar doesn't play much band when he did he had things handed to him by players wanting to butter up an otm admin. They have rights to their opinions but whether their opinion holds merit or not is a whole different discussion. Don't get your pantys in a bunch because I disagree with you. If you went out and actually played the game instead of treating it like social hour you would be a much higher level. How do you think people are already 220 on Nuada, which was released about a month ago? They have dl sets too. You are probably full warden at best at level 100 sitting around castle. You're a noob. You're not experienced in the game yet. I repeat; YOU HAVE NO MERIT TO YOUR OPINIONS!! your opinions hold no merit, and therefore you don't have the right to attack people 5x a day on this thread. **** off.

See that's where you keep going wrong. A). I said neither Muldar nor Voldemort had reach endgame yet. What was the purpose of you repeating that? B). All opinions hold merit. Research the difference between fact and opinion before you rant, please. Facts are accountable to merit, opinions are all valid. C). You're the one doing the attacking. Not me. Go ahead and look back for your proof; you replied to my original post and started this whole thing because you don't agree with me. D). Maybe if you stopped treating the game like it was the only part of life and actually went out to try working you'd get why a lot of us aren't at endgame yet and why we treat it like social hour. If you have enough time on your hands to reach endgame in under a month, you're not focused nearly enough on real life. Don't try to condescend me for actually doing some physical labor instead of sitting back and enjoying game time all day. Get real. E). "**** off." F). Now that we've come full circle, I'll repeat my question- would you like to contact OTM and demand that they invalidate the opinions of anyone who hasn't reached endgame, including their own staff, or do you want me to quote it to them for you?
Image


Aetheon - 100+ Rogue on Lir
KserRogue - 90+ Rogue on Epona
Hero of Dal Riata since Beltane 2013

"Failure to plan is planning to fail."

"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond you."

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#59
Valrem wrote:
Loco cola wrote:
Valrem wrote:I do not recall ever stating that your opinion has no validity; only that mine has some, as well. How does spending time earning gold in the castle make your opinion invalid? These are the facts: you need good gear to get stronger in the game. Unless you have a ton of time on your hands to farm, the only way to do that is some retail, which works best in the castle due to the concentration of players there. Once you earn the gold to get your new gear, you leave the castle and start to gradually grind to the next levels. I said my highest is level 100; that toon didn't just magically appear. I had to spend time outside of the castle to grind and work with quests, etc. Meaning I do understand a decent portion of the game, and whether you think "castle campers" have an opinion or not, I do. Now, the only way I would ever have reached that level to begin with, because I don't have time to farm and grind, is through the events and chests that came with them. If there wasn't events, there wouldn't be chests. If there wasn't chests, there wouldn't be the items from old events that you mentioned, meaning - as I previously stated - that chests are the main source of income for merchants. Please, explain to me how my reasoning insinuates that I'm smoking something.

Voldemort's highest level character is on Lugh and is level 127+. He hasn't reached endgame and he spends much more time on the forums than in-game. All this he said himself in his Introduction. Yet here, he writes:

"Voldemort wrote:
It's something that I might like to see brought back once OTM have caught up on all their current permanent content ideas. For now, I think it's a good idea to focus on permanent content. :)"

Muldar's highest level character is 172+. He hasn't reached endgame and you rarely see him in the actual game; he spends more time on the forums, doing his job.

According to your ideas on who has the right to give their opinion on the game, neither of these two and countless others apply. Would you like to write to OTM and tell them their forums Moderator and Admin can no longer voice what they want to see in the game, or should I quote it for you? EVERYONE has the right to give their opinion, it is up to OTM to decide which route they want to take.

100 isn't even 1/5 of the way to endgame. 127 isn't even 1/4. 172 isnt even 1/2. Volde doesn't play game, therefore his opinion about things is based on what he reads alone. Muldar doesn't play much band when he did he had things handed to him by players wanting to butter up an otm admin. They have rights to their opinions but whether their opinion holds merit or not is a whole different discussion. Don't get your pantys in a bunch because I disagree with you. If you went out and actually played the game instead of treating it like social hour you would be a much higher level. How do you think people are already 220 on Nuada, which was released about a month ago? They have dl sets too. You are probably full warden at best at level 100 sitting around castle. You're a noob. You're not experienced in the game yet. I repeat; YOU HAVE NO MERIT TO YOUR OPINIONS!! your opinions hold no merit, and therefore you don't have the right to attack people 5x a day on this thread. **** off.

See that's where you keep going wrong. A). I said neither Muldar nor Voldemort had reach endgame yet. What was the purpose of you repeating that? B). All opinions hold merit. Research the difference between fact and opinion before you rant, please. Facts are accountable to merit, opinions are all valid. C). You're the one doing the attacking. Not me. Go ahead and look back for your proof; you replied to my original post and started this whole thing because you don't agree with me. D). Maybe if you stopped treating the game like it was the only part of life and actually went out to try working you'd get why a lot of us aren't at endgame yet and why we treat it like social hour. If you have enough time on your hands to reach endgame in under a month, you're not focused nearly enough on real life. Don't try to condescend me for actually doing some physical labor instead of sitting back and enjoying game time all day. Get real. E). "**** off." F). Now that we've come full circle, I'll repeat my question- would you like to contact OTM and demand that they invalidate the opinions of anyone who hasn't reached endgame, including their own staff, or do you want me to quote it to them for you?

+1 :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -
Image

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#60
Having an opinion about endgame without being endgame is like having an opinion on what teachers should do in the classroom without ever having taught.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GodKaram and 13 guests