Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

Imo, Otm should stay focused on permanent content. This game is too small content wise atm to be able to do events and will definitely benefit off of permanent content in the long run.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Honestly people are just trying to make excuses for them, technically they do have permanent content and crafting, you have to obtain certain items to create certain armor, there's a lot of different armor too, you don't have to be a plat buyer to get this armor either. They give us the opportunity to get this armor without platinum, yet people complain that they can't get it, obviously it's a team effort..
Worst structured paragraph. There is no crafting, the "crafting" you refer to are quests, crafting is upgrading gear, or gathering components and making your own gear. There is not a lot of amour, there is a lot of tiered armour that are semi decent but if you were to go to a boss, you'd easily be out dpsed or you'd just keep dying over and over because no chaos resists.

People complain about gear because it takes so long to get, not that it is hard. Seeing that you're in innercircle, you probably have a bank full of frozen/dl/edl items easily accessed so no camping frozen, which people get stuck on for weeks to even months

Zkills is exactly right. Game is too small to handle events right now and OTM is too small to serve out events and content regularly, mini events are ok like adding chests etc, but not full on events.
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama

Honestly people are just trying to make excuses for them, technically they do have permanent content and crafting, you have to obtain certain items to create certain armor, there's a lot of different armor too, you don't have to be a plat buyer to get this armor either. They give us the opportunity to get this armor without platinum, yet people complain that they can't get it, obviously it's a team effort..
Worst structured paragraph. There is no crafting, the "crafting" you refer to are quests, crafting is upgrading gear, or gathering components and making your own gear. There is not a lot of amour, there is a lot of tiered armour that are semi decent but if you were to go to a boss, you'd easily be out dpsed or you'd just keep dying over and over because no chaos resists.

People complain about gear because it takes so long to get, not that it is hard. Seeing that you're in innercircle, you probably have a bank full of frozen/dl/edl items easily accessed so no camping frozen, which people get stuck on for weeks to even months

Zkills is exactly right. Game is too small to handle events right now and OTM is too small to serve out events and content regularly, mini events are ok like adding chests etc, but not full on events.
But OTM has been doing events since the very start of CH and it was working perfectly fine. Events were exciting, refreshing and added more reasons to log in daily other than kill and time frozen/dl/edl everyday.

Let me ask you this, what did fishing add to the game other than more MBs, sure it's a nice addition, but who has time to fish when u need to kill tons of dl/edl bosses to get ur set, and don't forget end game bosses and how some clans in competitive servers have to camp them in order to win them.
Fishing wont get u edl/dl armour , neither will cooking/crafting, but the problem is that those additional permanent content are not that rewarding, u can fish for hours for what? A random mount token? Some plat? Fishing fashion?

And to make things clear im not flaming OTM or blaming them for anything, just giving my feedback hoping for a better game in the near future.

But OTM has been doing events since the very start of CH and it was working perfectly fine. Events were exciting, refreshing and added more reasons to log in daily other than kill and time frozen/dl/edl everyday.

Let me ask you this, what did fishing add to the game other than more MBs, sure it's a nice addition, but who has time to fish when u need to kill tons of dl/edl bosses to get ur set, and don't forget end game bosses and how some clans in competitive servers have to camp them in order to win them.
Fishing wont get u edl/dl armour , neither will cooking/crafting, but the problem is that those additional permanent content are not that rewarding, u can fish for hours for what? A random mount token? Some plat? Fishing fashion?

And to make things clear im not flaming OTM or blaming them for anything, just giving my feedback hoping for a better game in the near future.
Exactly +1
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Events were not progressing game. Did you fail to notice how we went 4 years with VERY little, if at all, permanent content being added?
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Events were not progressing game. Did you fail to notice how we went 4 years with VERY little, if at all, permanent content being added?
Yeh but most of us still enjoyed it more

Besides that, the more they add, the longer it would take to get different things right? Isn't this what people are complaining about, armor taking too long to get? Well if more perm content is added, then it'll just take longer to get it because people aren't going to be camping as much, they're gonna try to get the other new permanent content...
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

As long as they don't make future permanent content that contains an endless grind that isn't fun just like they did to fishing then I'm fine with it. I spend more gold buying items than I make money it's just not really the greatest on how they introduced it.
Lugh
Rogue - Bugs 221
Been a Celtic Heroes Shill since 2011 ._.
"There are so many bugs in this game that sometimes it feels like I’m playing Starship Troopers"

Yeh but most of us still enjoyed it more

Besides that, the more they add, the longer it would take to get different things right? Isn't this what people are complaining about, armor taking too long to get? Well if more perm content is added, then it'll just take longer to get it because people aren't going to be camping as much, they're gonna try to get the other new permanent content...
This is flawed logic. Edl was released, but dl bosses were not killed less, if anything they were killed more as people wanted their dl so they could get edl
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

I would assume if OTM were able to create temporary and permanent content simultaneously, they would. It seems the team is smaller in size than other games that are able to do both and so they are concentrating on one thing to put out the best quality product possible. I think being patient will be rewarded as they can concentrate on the permanent content and once it's out, they can do a couple seasonal and then return to something more permanent.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue