Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#2
Why cant we have both 8-) Oh wait... i know why, coz OTM is only small team so theyre stuck focusing on one. Which is understandble i guess

I actually miss events. Game is boring now without them, i remem being a noob looking forward to events, collecting items for hats, killing new event bosses, opening chests for mounts (actual mounts, not tokens lmfao), collecting event exclusive fash and all that stuff. I do however understand why they stopped them though, to focus on more permanent content blah blah blah zzzzz.... but still, i miss events :/
Image

Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.
Image

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#3
A very strange poll. From the title of this thread, I was expecting to be asked do you want only events or do you want only permanent content. Which as things stand would make sense, as OTM have currently foregone events in favour of working on a large body of permanent content.
But as it is I'm being asked do I want one good thing or two good things. A bit like asking do you want £100 or £200 (feel free to substitute to the currency of your choice).
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#4
Robbo5000 wrote:A very strange poll. From the title of this thread, I was expecting to be asked do you want only events or do you want only permanent content. Which as things stand would make sense, as OTM have currently foregone events in favour of working on a large body of permanent content.
But as it is I'm being asked do I want one good thing or two good things. A bit like asking do you want £100 or £200 (feel free to substitute to the currency of your choice).

Just vote. lmao...
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -
Image

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#5
Frozensoul wrote:
Robbo5000 wrote:A very strange poll. From the title of this thread, I was expecting to be asked do you want only events or do you want only permanent content. Which as things stand would make sense, as OTM have currently foregone events in favour of working on a large body of permanent content.
But as it is I'm being asked do I want one good thing or two good things. A bit like asking do you want £100 or £200 (feel free to substitute to the currency of your choice).

Just vote. lmao...

Never posted a poll, are you still able to edit your post attached to the poll.
Maybe a slight tweak would make it more explanatory.
e.g.
Less permanent content and seasonal event
or
More permanent content and no events
I'm guessing this is what you're intention of the vote is?
I voted now based an my assumption :)
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#6
Permanent content. It sucks being eg for 6 years and only see 6 eg bosses, and next to the same amount of quest armour.
Edit: also crafting would be neat in the next 3-6 months rather than 2 years. Thanks
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)
Image

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#7
Robbo5000 wrote:
Frozensoul wrote:
Robbo5000 wrote:A very strange poll. From the title of this thread, I was expecting to be asked do you want only events or do you want only permanent content. Which as things stand would make sense, as OTM have currently foregone events in favour of working on a large body of permanent content.
But as it is I'm being asked do I want one good thing or two good things. A bit like asking do you want £100 or £200 (feel free to substitute to the currency of your choice).

Just vote. lmao...

Never posted a poll, are you still able to edit your post attached to the poll.
Maybe a slight tweak would make it more explanatory.
e.g.
Less permanent content and seasonal event
or
More permanent content and no events
I'm guessing this is what you're intention of the vote is?
I voted now based an my assumption :)


I agree, fix the poll, otherwise you are not polling accurately (if one of the options isn't true).


As for the main point of the poll...I liked the events, they were fun, but they usually got old really quickly, and all they ended up doing was just bringing in either super strong lux and loot, or else pitifully weak lux and loot.
I'm glad they moved their focus to permanent content, partly because it's more fair to all players (instead of just the ones who have been around the longest), but also because they can do great new things, instead of the same basic items reskinned and tweaked stats.

For example, cross-platform, fishing and the auction house. If OTM had stuck with events, we wouldn't have any of those. Yes, some people might not be too fond of them, but a lot of people are really grateful for them.

OTM really can't focus on both permanent content and events, even though it's nice to think that they could.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Retribution - Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#8
Guthix123 wrote:
Robbo5000 wrote:
Frozensoul wrote:Just vote. lmao...

Never posted a poll, are you still able to edit your post attached to the poll.
Maybe a slight tweak would make it more explanatory.
e.g.
Less permanent content and seasonal event
or
More permanent content and no events
I'm guessing this is what you're intention of the vote is?
I voted now based an my assumption :)


I agree, fix the poll, otherwise you are not polling accurately (if one of the options isn't true).


As for the main point of the poll...I liked the events, they were fun, but they usually got old really quickly, and all they ended up doing was just bringing in either super strong lux and loot, or else pitifully weak lux and loot.
I'm glad they moved their focus to permanent content, partly because it's more fair to all players (instead of just the ones who have been around the longest), but also because they can do great new things, instead of the same basic items reskinned and tweaked stats.

For example, cross-platform, fishing and the auction house. If OTM had stuck with events, we wouldn't have any of those. Yes, some people might not be too fond of them, but a lot of people are really grateful for them.

OTM really can't focus on both permanent content and events, even though it's nice to think that they could.


Yes they could, for example, they normally come out with two sets of fashion, so one of these sets could be permanent, and the other could be limited. They also make multiple mounts, so they could put one mount that just has speed into a mount shop for permanent, and another would be limited, they normally create several bosses that are very close with the same combat styles, they could just create some that would spawn permanently, and some that would spawn for a limited time.

Honestly people are just trying to make excuses for them, technically they do have permanent content and crafting, you have to obtain certain items to create certain armor, there's a lot of different armor too, you don't have to be a plat buyer to get this armor either. They give us the opportunity to get this armor without platinum, yet people complain that they can't get it, obviously it's a team effort.

I would love permanent mounts, besides battle ones, but I would also love more limited mounts, more limited fashion, etc.

And the thing that is funny to me is that the same people who don't want events are mostly the same people who like the aeon chests being brought back, doesn't that sound a little funny? The people who so badly hate events because it's not fair are the same who are saying "yay! These old event items are being brought back so I can get them!" Now that is unfair to the old players, if these people who want fashion like that will buy aeon chests, then they would just as easily buy event chests...


Anyway, I'm not gonna change my poll because I don't have to, and you don't have to vote.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -
Image

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#9
Frozensoul wrote:Yes, they could, for example, they normally come out with two sets of fashion, so one of these sets could be permanent, and the other could be limited. They also make multiple mounts, so they could put one mount that just has speed into a mount shop for permanent, and another would be limited, they normally create several bosses that are very close with the same combat styles, they could just create some that would spawn permanently, and some that would spawn for a limited time.

Honestly people are just trying to make excuses for them, technically they do have permanent content and crafting, you have to obtain certain items to create certain armor, there's a lot of different armor too, you don't have to be a plat buyer to get this armor either. They give us the opportunity to get this armor without platinum, yet people complain that they can't get it, obviously it's a team effort.

I would love permanent mounts, besides battle ones, but I would also love more limited mounts, more limited fashion, etc.

And the thing that is funny to me is that the same people who don't want events are mostly the same people who like the aeon chests being brought back, doesn't that sound a little funny? The people who so badly hate events because it's not fair are the same who are saying "yay! These old event items are being brought back so I can get them!" Now that is unfair to the old players, if these people who want fashion like that will buy aeon chests, then they would just as easily buy event chests...


Anyway, I'm not gonna change my poll because I don't have to, and you don't have to vote.


I think I may have overlooked your point, sorry! I didn't realize you considered the addition of new mounts and pets and fashion as a new permanent content. My point was that I'm glad OTM doesn't have to do events, so they can focus on permanent content that majorly impacts the game (crafting, fishing, auction house, cooking, etc).

Yes, OTM could make multiple sets of fashion, multiple mounts, etc, but the fact would still remain that it takes time to do that. It (obviously) takes twice as long to design, create, and test 2 sets of fashion as it does 1. So say it takes a total of 200 hours of effort to go from the idea stage to a finalized product (for one set of fashion). I personally would rather they put 200 hours in for one set of permanent fashion, then the other 200 hours toward something else major (such as crafting or new endgame bosses) instead of a temporary fashion. As for the bosses, I'd assume they were the main reason that events took so long to design. Not just designing the boss encounters, but all the loot as well.

As for the armor, yes you can call it permanent content, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's crafting. Basically I just want to be able to craft a LOT more things. Give us options to craft super sweet items. Things that add significate damage to skills, reduce cooldowns, add skill points, etc. Mounts...(see my first bit, but replace "set of fashion" with "mount"). Basically yes, it would be nice to have more types of mounts, but why make temporary content when you can make em permanent.

Also, for the record concerning the chests, I just want to make sure that the new fashions have updated descriptions (which they will). And the only reason I want that, is because OTM wasn't regular with adding the year and season to the description for past fashion.

Sorry if I'm missunderstanding your point. Essentially I just would rather OTM focus on permanent content, rather then getting stuck re-creating the same things with different looks/stats. (When I say permanent content, I mean things other than fashion/pets/mounts).

Also, I'd assume that when people say they don't want events brought back, it's not that they didn't like them in the past, but just that they would rather see OTM advancing the game rather then getting stuck in a feedback loop.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Retribution - Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: Events or Permanent Content?

#10
I think a very serious problem was overlooked when the event bosses(and seasonal event lux) were removed. They did not add any more bosses to fill the void that they created. Which causes endgame clans with banks to tighten up on drop distribution, because legacy bosses don't spawn often enough to gear all the people it takes to kill them. With lux, most of the time after a reset the first week people buy stuff from the legacy lux shop, and then for a month or up until the next reset no one will buy any of the stuff in it. This has caused the price of gear to go up and the frequency of finding affordable, good items to go down. If they were to add event bosses and event lux back we would be able to have a better geared server that puts less stress on members wallets who want to buy their gear. Along with that, a seasonal lux shop is more gold in the gold sink which balances out the server economies and prevents inflation.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests