Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Thoughts on MMOs??

Ok so recently there was a drop about a huge mmo that's been around a long time coming to mobile, and I've noticed that two other huge MMOs will be dropping on mobile around the same time aswell. All have massive amount of content, events, custom characterization, basically endless open world content. My concern is what happens to ch? I know we hear they plan on being here a long time, but with player aggravation on waiting for new content, which is actually old content, and endless delays, and never any firm answers on updates, how does ch plan to keep players around? With no advertising of the game at all, other than what little subscribers players get on YouTube which is mostly in game players aswell. Will these other MMOs cause alot more players to quit? Is it wise to keep investing in ch if there's no real answers about updates or progress?
I just don't want to keep spending money if this game is gonna die from the competition. Ch has been by far one of the best mmo experiences I have had until lately everything seems to be going wrong with very little right. Just looking for others thoughts on this thanks.

Re: Thoughts on MMOs??

Otm has a very loyal player base believe it or not. This game will do just fine
It will be a tough few weeks. I know runescape is one of them coming out and that will be massive like Pokemon go. Although it is hard to take a loyal player base. Is this the point where few updates and little communication with OTM and the community will be the breaking point of this game. Only time will tell
Jakes Aura
206 - Rogue
Retired and came back - Playing this magnificent game for fun

It's been a long time since I played MMOs seriously, we never a fan of WoW so didn't play for long and I've not really found one I enjoyed, until someone told me about CH recently.
I only know about RuneScapes plans for mobile release and don't know a great deal about it. From what I can tell, this does not require you to download many GB of world data, but is more like games services that stream from a server delivered to a very thin client. Is this correct? If this is the case it will be interesting to know it's bandwidth requirements compared to CH. If this game is delivered how I think it is, then I imagine that outside of 4g networks and WiFi you would struggle. It certainly wouldn't be able to deliver over 2g and WAP, as CH currently is able to. I have never tried this so don't know how well OTMs promise of 2g and WAP play actually delivers.
As things stand MMOs over mobile are still limited by both internal storage and reliable, fast, affordable internet connection.
You cannot go the CH route and rival desktop games. WoW, for example requires nearly 50GB of storage. If you made a mobile game that size, you'd be lucky to find 5% of people with phones able to install that.
In order to rival pc MMOs this leads to, what I believe is, the RuneScape method. I imagine that this realistically would require WiFi only play, or needing a cheap and moderately generous 4g package
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Ive tried to get into almost every popular mmo thats out there at the moment, none of them have the feel, or the pull that ch has, idk what it is, the gameplay is simple but deep, I love epona (hate it sometimes), i love my clan and my friends in it, being in epona we have the luxury of only ever inviting friends, we have no obligation to get stronger. I like my relationships with people in other servers who visit epona/add me on messenger apps to talk dps etc (trust me it actually gets deep if you wanna be op). idk where im going with this but i guess its something like if ch is your game, its YOUR game, its the thing you do, the thing you play
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis

Honestly different people have different styles of games that they enjoy. I enjoy Celtic Heroes and have been on and off since 2012, sometimes I get bored of it, and then come back and I'm just like: "woah, I remember this, why did I stop playing???"

Runescape has never caught my eye due to its graphics, and I'm not sure if this is correct because I never got to watching much gameplay, but it seems very much "top-down" styled, which I hate, I seriously just can't play a game if it is top down unless it's pokemon, clash of clans, or something that has low graphic quality. If you're going to make a 3D game with sort of good graphics, why make it top-down? I watched a little bit of what Runescape is going to look like on mobile, and it really doesn't seem all that great.... So I think the people who play Runescape on pc are going to be the main people playing this just so that they can 1 up other players on the go.

As for Celtic Heroes, we have our player base, we have our loyal players, we have people who have played many years, spent so much money, I don't think it would be easy for most of these players to just up and quit. Celtic Heroes has made mistakes, but hopefully they start actually listening to their loyal players who keep Celtic Heroes going, and everything will work out. I for one won't stop playing Celtic Heroes, but I also won't spend money until I see something worth paying for. Hopefully cooking is closer to crafting than fishing was, this is what drives many mmo players, the crafting system.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

It will be a tough few weeks. I know runescape is one of them coming out and that will be massive like Pokemon go. Although it is hard to take a loyal player base. Is this the point where few updates and little communication with OTM and the community will be the breaking point of this game. Only time will tell
Runescape is already download able. It's only good for nostalgia.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Definitely not as big as Pokémon Go. Pokémon is one of the most well known video games in the world as most people played it as a kid. I've heard of Runescape, but never once thought of trying it out and probably never will. Ch is my first and only MMORPG that I'll play
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Runescape is already download able. It's only good for nostalgia.

Where to download?
Clanless in DONN server... but HAPPY :lol:

yingyang - mage - lvl 100+
blinkdagger - rogue - lvl 100+
coppinger - rogue - lvl 100+
the excalibur - warrior - lvl 50+
waljanmackerro - mage - lvl 50+
breathoffire - mage - lvl 50+