Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mounts or Pet

Hello, still kind of new to Celtic Heroes.. I have a question regarding mounts and pets.

1) Where do you get mount or pet tokens? I now about the bounty vendor.
2) Which should I get first a mount or a pet?
3) Should I save up and get the most expensive mount or pet or the cheapest one?
4) as a ranger which mount or pet should I be looking at.

still always off to get one but would like to know before I do..

Any help would be great.

Re: Mounts or Pet

Hello, still kind of new to Celtic Heroes.. I have a question regarding mounts and pets.

3) Should I save up and get the most expensive mount or pet or the cheapest one?

Any help would be great.
1) tokens mainly drop from event chests, which cost 50 plat each or 400 plat for 10. They drop at a rate of about 6-8 per 100 chests
2) if you can afford an 80/10 I suggest sticking to that until you reach lvl 160 or so, and then get a battle mount, they die all the time and are useless before that. Pets are useful from the start.
3) depends on what you can afford. I still base lowest tier wolf and lowest tier bear and I'm not mad at them.
4) either a wolf or a spider, most dps rangers these days look at spiders, but lowest tier spiders (brown) look terrible. Brown wolf looks good. For mounts I'd suggest waiting until next update to see what OTM releases, because you need both dex and str, and currently no mount offers both.

Any help would be great.
1) tokens mainly drop from event chests, which cost 50 plat each or 400 plat for 10. They drop at a rate of about 6-8 per 100 chests
2) if you can afford an 80/10 I suggest sticking to that until you reach lvl 160 or so, and then get a battle mount, they die all the time and are useless before that. Pets are useful from the start.
3) depends on what you can afford. I still base lowest tier wolf and lowest tier bear and I'm not mad at them.
4) either a wolf or a spider, most dps rangers these days look at spiders, but lowest tier spiders (brown) look terrible. Brown wolf looks good. For mounts I'd suggest waiting until next update to see what OTM releases, because you need both dex and str, and currently no mount offers both.
not event chests anymore, sadly
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Any help would be great.
I would suggest getting a pet first, like Dark Times said.

Pets are extremely useful as they add great skills, and the more you train their ability, the better they become. I don't have a battlemount, but I also don't plan on getting one, it really doesn't seem worth it to get the best one fully upgraded, costs like 12mil+ which I really don't feel like grinding for just to have a few extra focus points when I can just use my horse, of course horses are harder to find now, but you should just save some gold for a legacy mount once the aeon chests are dropped into shop.

Ice all on me

The first parts were already answered so i willjist answer the last parts being a ranger myself.

I 100% recomend getting a pet before a battlemount. Pets are useful from level 1 and stay if you die also. Training ability is also a huge pain if you leave it till later in game. Battlemounts are fine if you level with a druid or drink restos like you do water. Otherwise they are kinda useless the second that you die.

The best pets for a ranger are the wolf and the spider. For leveling the wolf is better imo but once you start attending bosses the spider takes the lead. I use a wolf because very few have a maxed tier 4 wolf so my rake skill is very rarely over casted. Another reason for my choice is mostly because i hate spiders and i think they all look ugly :lol:

The battlemount to get would be the wolf mount if you really wanted one. It is the dps mount. Like was already mentioned i would wait for the update before getting a battlemount because a new one is being released. We do not however know what stats or what skill it will have yet.

Hope this helps!
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

The first parts were already answered so i willjist answer the last parts being a ranger myself.

I 100% recomend getting a pet before a battlemount. Pets are useful from level 1 and stay if you die also. Training ability is also a huge pain if you leave it till later in game. Battlemounts are fine if you level with a druid or drink restos like you do water. Otherwise they are kinda useless the second that you die.

The best pets for a ranger are the wolf and the spider. For leveling the wolf is better imo but once you start attending bosses the spider takes the lead. I use a wolf because very few have a maxed tier 4 wolf so my rake skill is very rarely over casted. Another reason for my choice is mostly because i hate spiders and i think they all look ugly :lol:

The battlemount to get would be the wolf mount if you really wanted one. It is the dps mount. Like was already mentioned i would wait for the update before getting a battlemount because a new one is being released. We do not however know what stats or what skill it will have yet.

Hope this helps!
Hopefully it's a caster mount, then maybe, just maybe I would attempt to get one for my mage, but like I said in a previous post on this topic, they are way overpriced for the few points they add to stats.

Also, what if they don't drink water :?:

And spiders are scary, legit went to Dustwither Catacombs after what seems like forever and saw a spider near the first ley, was like "tf is a spider doing in here ahhhhh!" Tried to kill it then realized "oh yeh, they added spider pets...."

Ice all on me

Don't be put off by battlemounts quite so readily. Most replies knocking them are from high, end game players, who where probably already high and had mounts when OTM released pets and battlemounts. You need to keep in mind these guys have been playing a long time and have forgotten what it was like to be new to the game. They think starting a new toon and giving it all the luxuries they can is the same as starting as a new player :D
First, unless you are prepared to invest an awful lot of cash in the game, it really is feasible to only start with the bottom rung pets and mounts. I think all first tier pets and mounts are brown, but wouldn't say I'm totally certain of that. You really won't earn enough hunters prizes to upgrade/breed your pet or mount at the appropriate levels (I.e. Every 40 levels) if you went with higher than brown. By the same token you won't really be able to have both pet and mount and be able to keep them updated.
As a ranger, as most people have said, go for the dex stats, so a wolf or spider.
Unless you have the money to buy a mount or are happy to carry on waking everywhere around the zones, then, I personally think, a mount is the only option. Yes it is a pain that every time you die, you have to zone back to the castle to retrieve your pet. But, unless you're carrying resurrection idols, you're brought back to a leystone anyway, so having to make a detour before heading back to the fight isn't such a big deal. Again, remember the people knocking this are end game or near to end game, who will undoubtedly be carrying idols, so needing to retrieve the mount in this case will be a bigger issue.
As far as battlemounts being rubbish at first, yes this is true, but they quickly become worthwhile. Every time you use the mount skill your riding ability will increase, initially. Maybe at around a skill of 100 does the skill increase noticeably start to slow down. With the wolf, you'll find that once you have bred it and have the 2nd generation lvl 40 wolf and the wolf riding skill in the mid hundreds, you'll find the howl skill damage is comparable to the sharpshot damage if you have maxed it. This seems to remain true, broadly speaking continuing on from here. I now an level 135 and have sharpshot maxed and have the 4th generation lvl 120 wolf and still find howl comparable to sharpshot. I will use howl constantly when fighting mobs.
Ultimately it depends on your own circumstance. Currently a half way decent mount is incredibly expensive. So if you can't afford a good mount, then getting a battlemount makes the most sense. If you can afford a mount, then buying a mount and getting a pet makes more sense.
However, with the imminent arrival of the new chests, mounts should become more accessible and therefore cheaper. So may be wise to hold back for a short while. If you were considering buying chests yourself, then you have the chance of winning a mount anyway.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

I would advise getting a Tier 4 pet and leaving it at level 1. Rather get a Tier 1 pet and breed it to level 3; same token cost, with a higher benefit. While the ceiling of the skills/attributes is higher with the Tier 4 pet at level 6 (128 tokens, I believe), it takes a LOT more than the Tier 1 pet at level 6 (32 tokens) - in my opinion, the exorbitant cost to max a Tier 4 pet far surpasses the marginal benefit.

My opinion on the matter - other's feel differently. Just providing info from my experiences.

I would start out with a pet. Have it fed and with you constantly so you can max that ability easily, which will make the pet more useful. If you plan to get a battlemount, get it as soon as you can so you can begin leveling that ability too.

It's not a bad idea to wait for the new chests to come out and see what mounts are there. But I don't really like the idea of having to dismount in order to equip my weapons and fight. I love riding my battlemount up to a boss and shadowstriking straight in. And a maxed out wolf can do a lot of damage. Actually, having a maxed out pet and mount give me two more damage skills that I would hate to be without. The arguments about losing your mount in death and the amount of tokens it takes to get one in the first place are very valid though, so that's something to consider as well.

I am a plat buyer so rez idols and mount whistles aren't really a big issue for me, as well as all the tokens I get from buying chests. But for someone not planning on buying plat, both the pet and mount can really be a drain on your gold. As well as having to pay 100 gold every time you die and lose your mount, your pet has to eat too. And their food gets more expensive the higher they level. But at least battlemounts don't eat, for some strange reason. Just some things to keep in mind.