Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Official Server Transfer

I assumed you meant the other way round. You can't transfer to a server unless players on the server you transfer to have killed gelebron. To stop players transferring who are more powerful than the natural level of the server currently.
Not sure what it would achieve they way you're suggesting.
I meant it both ways around.
Nobody can xfer to or from Nuada atm because hey can't kill gelebron. After gelebron is down people can go to and from Nuada at ease.

Now let's look at the corrupted gardens boss. I'll just assume it's named the arbiter for arguements sake.

If arawn kills the arbiter first, still no server can xfer. But if gwydion kills the arbiter next, these two servers can xfer freely between eachother. So on and so on for more bosses being added.
This now underlines my previous point. By this rule, your saying currently a lvl 100 toon, untwinked, nothing special cannot transfer to Nuada. In this case there is no reason not to allow a transfer. No-one gains an advantage. By stopping players more powerful than Nuadas current lvl, this rule will also stop ordinary players from transferring for no real reason.

By stopping players getting an advantage you don't want to stop legitimate transfers too.

Honestly, I don't know what the solution is, I just know it's more complex than people first realise. As Aileron pointed out there are many issues.
A level 100 can have anything in his inventory. He can add flare to a clan by already having full meteoric armor. If someone was 180 trying to do this Nuada would possibly have a full dl set with weapons. Anything not earned on Nuada shouldn't be allowed to contribute to Nuada's milestones until Nuada can complete all of them on its own.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

I meant it both ways around.
Nobody can xfer to or from Nuada atm because hey can't kill gelebron. After gelebron is down people can go to and from Nuada at ease.

Now let's look at the corrupted gardens boss. I'll just assume it's named the arbiter for arguements sake.

If arawn kills the arbiter first, still no server can xfer. But if gwydion kills the arbiter next, these two servers can xfer freely between eachother. So on and so on for more bosses being added.
This now underlines my previous point. By this rule, your saying currently a lvl 100 toon, untwinked, nothing special cannot transfer to Nuada. In this case there is no reason not to allow a transfer. No-one gains an advantage. By stopping players more powerful than Nuadas current lvl, this rule will also stop ordinary players from transferring for no real reason.

By stopping players getting an advantage you don't want to stop legitimate transfers too.

Honestly, I don't know what the solution is, I just know it's more complex than people first realise. As Aileron pointed out there are many issues.
A level 100 can have anything in his inventory. He can add flare to a clan by already having full meteoric armor. If someone was 180 trying to do this Nuada would possibly have a full dl set with weapons. Anything not earned on Nuada shouldn't be allowed to contribute to Nuada's milestones until Nuada can complete all of them on its own.
That was why I specified untwinked and nothing special. I was talking about an average, journeyman toon. Probably mostly darkshadow armour. Same as many average lvl 100 layers on Nuada. This player wanting a transfer adds nothing special, rare, unobtainable to Nuada and gains no advantage. There would be no valid reason not to allow this toon to transfer.
I'm not knocking the idea as such, just saying that on the whole it's too restrictive. It could be a basis for a transfer policy but, in order to minimise complaints, it would need refining in order to open it up to more legitimate transfer requests.
I'm trying to encourage people to think of the major issues and suggest how they can be resolved. I see too often players ask for xyz then offer minimal input beforehand as to the detail. When OTM implement xyz, suddenly everyone who was silent when it mattered voice their opinion to say actually that wasn't exactly what they wanted. The point of the feedback forum is for us all to debate such things. So all I'm doing is trying to encourage this process. Oh, and by the way, the point of this last ramble is to make you realise I'm not attacking the idea, just trying to stop you being defensive about it, to encourage you to think about how it can be expanded.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

That was why I specified untwinked and nothing special. I was talking about an average, journeyman toon. Probably mostly darkshadow armour. Same as many average lvl 100 layers on Nuada. This player wanting a transfer adds nothing special, rare, unobtainable to Nuada and gains no advantage. There would be no valid reason not to allow this toon to transfer.
I'm not knocking the idea as such, just saying that on the whole it's too restrictive. It could be a basis for a transfer policy but, in order to minimise complaints, it would need refining in order to open it up to more legitimate transfer requests.
I'm trying to encourage people to think of the major issues and suggest how they can be resolved. I see too often players ask for xyz then offer minimal input beforehand as to the detail. When OTM implement xyz, suddenly everyone who was silent when it mattered voice their opinion to say actually that wasn't exactly what they wanted. The point of the feedback forum is for us all to debate such things. So all I'm doing is trying to encourage this process. Oh, and by the way, the point of this last ramble is to make you realise I'm not attacking the idea, just trying to stop you being defensive about it, to encourage you to think about how it can be expanded.
I'm not being defensive, apologies if I came off that way. Just didn't believe you understood what I was saying

Maybe not if the server has killed gele, but it should not be a system that takes items into account. Maybe if a server has 20 players at 200+, 10 at 220+, and 1 at 230
Wafflez.
(|%}^=