Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Official Server Transfer

#1
Will this ever happen? I've seen admin posts from 2011 saying they're working on it. Some players have spent years and tons of plat on servers just to watch them die and never get to touch EG. This is a reason alot of players quit the game. Why is there still no confirmation on official transfer? Seems almost every other MMORPG I've seen already has implemented this feature.

Re: Official Server Transfer

#4
Arachnus wrote:Will this ever happen? I've seen admin posts from 2011 saying they're working on it. Some players have spent years and tons of plat on servers just to watch them die and never get to touch EG. This is a reason alot of players quit the game. Why is there still no confirmation on official transfer? Seems almost every other MMORPG I've seen already has implemented this feature.


There's no guarantee a server transfer will enable players seeking endgame play to get it on a new server. There has to be a major reason why someone doesn't make it, and most of the time it's not server specific.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Official Server Transfer

#5
Aileron wrote:There's no guarantee a server transfer will enable players seeking endgame play to get it on a new server. There has to be a major reason why someone doesn't make it, and most of the time it's not server specific.


Usually it's BO.

Don't transfer servers, just get Dial.
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
> 225 Rogue - Gwydion
< 225 Rogue - Other worlds

Relent<

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

Re: Official Server Transfer

#6
OTM could put a high price of gold/plat to trasnfer a toon to make it not worth for scammers. People on dead servers or whatever reasons such as unfair clans etc. deserve to get the chance to move out. A long cooldown for transfers could also be added. I dont think a transfer system would support scamming then.

Re: Official Server Transfer

#7
Kril wrote:
Aileron wrote:There's no guarantee a server transfer will enable players seeking endgame play to get it on a new server. There has to be a major reason why someone doesn't make it, and most of the time it's not server specific.


Usually it's BO.

Don't transfer servers, just get Dial.


+1 to b.o.

Pretty sure based on discussion in previous betas with other players there are a decent number of people who will be moving high level alts to certain worlds to liven things up a bit. ;)
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

Re: Official Server Transfer

#8
There should be some form of server transfer mechanism, but care needs to be given as to how it's done. It can be easy to upset the balance of a server, if toons are able to freely transfer as is. A strong clan on a strong server may not be the most dominate, but could be considered strong enough to dominate a weaker or younger server. If the whole clan transferred to the weaker server, I'm sure everyone on that server would be in uproar. Also economics of servers need to be considered. Abundant items on one server may be relatively rare on another and so be priced a lot higher. This could allow people from other servers to bring such items and completely change the economy of that server. I'm sure Nuada would be in uproar if end game players and clans had the ability to transfer across, bringing with them masses of end game boss drops and such like.
What seems like a simple request actually can be a bit of a minefield and could potentially cause lots of friction.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Re: Official Server Transfer

#9
Robbo5000 wrote:There should be some form of server transfer mechanism, but care needs to be given as to how it's done. It can be easy to upset the balance of a server, if toons are able to freely transfer as is. A strong clan on a strong server may not be the most dominate, but could be considered strong enough to dominate a weaker or younger server. If the whole clan transferred to the weaker server, I'm sure everyone on that server would be in uproar. Also economics of servers need to be considered. Abundant items on one server may be relatively rare on another and so be priced a lot higher. This could allow people from other servers to bring such items and completely change the economy of that server. I'm sure Nuada would be in uproar if end game players and clans had the ability to transfer across, bringing with them masses of end game boss drops and such like.
What seems like a simple request actually can be a bit of a minefield and could potentially cause lots of friction.


A couple dozen pieces of rare fashion isn't going to cause some shift in server economies. Now if you had an abundance of plat buyers move from one server to another, that would be different.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Official Server Transfer

#10
By just allowing to transfer a toon with its no trade items and sigils, forbidding any tradable items or gold to be transferred, the economy can't be impacted. Most of these problems can be easily overcome by minor tweaks, so I really don't see why it isn't being implemented especially when tons of other successful MMORPGs have.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PrinceLelouch and 18 guests