Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Servers down

Are you still getting this issue?

If so, can you reach character select, and if yes, what world are you trying to login to?
Login servers are fixed although leaderboards are a bit touchy. They are on and off and when they are on are very slow.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

If so, can you reach character select, and if yes, what world are you trying to login to?
This affects all servers. It's the login server, not the specific world server in that players can still be in game while others aren't able to reach the world select screen.

I noticed it happens at least 5 times this weekend, usually resolves itself after 10-15 minutes
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

This affects all servers. It's the login server, not the specific world server in that players can still be in game while others aren't able to reach the world select screen.

I noticed it happens at least 5 times this weekend, usually resolves itself after 10-15 minutes
I believe the problem is more mechanical than software. I think the server is experiencing heat buildup.

A theory I have is that the servers are on an automatic cooling cycle. This is seen in commercial freezers to prevent the temperature gauges from freezing over. The opposite applies to keeping these from overheating.

They are all likely set to power off every few hours for 10-15 minutes because of a lack of mechanical cooling, I.E. lack of a fan.

As we all now, devices buildup heat, which can damage the device. When your iPhone reaches about 120°F it automatically turns off and does. It let you use it. The same applies to server farms.

The servers likely run on backup while cooling, which would result in a quick lag spike before and after the cooling takes place.

I believe this lag spike renders the login server useless as it is unable to communicate with OTM offices to get information to let players login, this results in 10-15 minutes of login server downtime.

TLDR; the server farm needs fans
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

I believe the problem is more mechanical than software. I think the server is experiencing heat buildup.

A theory I have is that the servers are on an automatic cooling cycle. This is seen in commercial freezers to prevent the temperature gauges from freezing over. The opposite applies to keeping these from overheating.

They are all likely set to power off every few hours for 10-15 minutes because of a lack of mechanical cooling, I.E. lack of a fan.

As we all now, devices buildup heat, which can damage the device. When your iPhone reaches about 120°F it automatically turns off and does. It let you use it. The same applies to server farms.

The servers likely run on backup while cooling, which would result in a quick lag spike before and after the cooling takes place.

I believe this lag spike renders the login server useless as it is unable to communicate with OTM offices to get information to let players login, this results in 10-15 minutes of login server downtime.

TLDR; the server farm needs fans
Nooo.... its that hamster running the server, hes being neglected and forced to overwork. Thats why he has to keep taking 5-10mins breaks due to exhaustion
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

Please don't post pictures of our servers or their power source, as these can constitute a security risk and he is shy.

On a more serious note, our servers run on modern hardware (with fans), and the server farm is well ventilated. Servers show a pleasant 18 degrees currently, I'm assuming this isn't the problem.

We're investigating this issue, if you have more detailed reports feel free to pm me them (thanks to those that already have).
Lead programmer at OTM

Very hard to log in. When it happen I can't log in to chr-select screen. Once I get to chr-select screen it's ok.

IPad mini 4, on wifi
Arawn
Gone

- It's never to late to undo wrong decisions. The players should be compensated for losing premium paid items due to in game bugs.
- I pledge to never buy any platinum for as long as the Hoax continues