Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Issues with the Level Lock Penalty for Proteus and Gelebron for End Game Players

Itachi1917, replying to your first paragraph.
You are saying that my goal should be to get into the top clan in my server is how this game is intended to be played. Well, OTM should Hava a disclaimer on the Morrigan server stating that if you intend to get endgame loot on Morrigan you must be prepared to submit an application for membership via 3rd party websites. I was under the impression that this is a mobile game that I could pick up and play at any time. If this was the case I would not have chosen Morrigan. My view is that this is supposed to a mobile game where new clans can build from the ground up and topple the bigger clans. If Blue is to revert back to 230 that tales away that break the other clan is getting. This is why the OP request should be denied in my opinion.
lmao, we aren't the only clan that asks applicants to send information about themselves. Many top clans do. We don't recruit every level 170+ Tom, Jane or Harry just to increase our membership and improve zerg ability. Take off those jaded-color glasses and see through the situation as it really is. Don't be mad at a clan that takes quality of members seriously.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Issues with the Level Lock Penalty for Proteus and Gelebron for End Game Players

You are saying that my goal should be to get into the top clan in my server is how this game is intended to be played. Well, OTM should Hava a disclaimer on the Morrigan server stating that if you intend to get endgame loot on Morrigan you must be prepared to submit an application for membership via 3rd party websites. I was under the impression that this is a mobile game that I could pick up and play at any time. If this was the case I would not have chosen Morrigan. My view is that this is supposed to a mobile game where new clans can build from the ground up and topple the bigger clans. If Blue is to revert back to 230 that tales away that break the other clan is getting. This is why the OP request should be denied in my opinion.
I don't disagree that this isn't a problem, if you look at the game properly the drop rates are terrible, now imagine splitting that over two or 3 clans when it comes to endgame loot, there is a problem that this game will struggle to grow because even on my server my clan doesn't want new members because we got more then we need so those who can't succeed in getting in could struggle in another clan or quit neither good options. I don't disagree with that being an issue at all but the level lock is not a solution, level locking is a broken mechanic and anylock battle for endgame players should be a fair battle where the 8 players with the best build and gear win. It's up to otm to come up with endgame content that can satisfy small endgame clans however this is a totally seperate issue. The op wants her levels taken away a ridiculous but fair request due to a broken mechanic there's no reason she should be disadvantaged at endgame bosses.

This isn't really about 1 clan wanting to dominate anything. What some are missing is that because of level lock, when your toon hits a certain level, you have to stop doing anything with it except for bossing and sometimes have to stop even being in lock group so you don't get xp. This means you can't do bounties or floors or anything but log for bosses. The simple solution would be for players to be able to turn off getting xp from anything. So if you wanted to stay 120 or 180 or 230 or whatever level, you could stay that level and do your bounties and floors and etc.

The level lock system doesn't exactly work as intended. Look at the number of complaints about dominant clans making alts and gearing alts with gear. Essentially all it's doing is making end game players spend money by creating alts and the nondominant clans are still in the same position. A lot of this stems from not enough crowns dropping to hrung still being the best caster drop boss regardless of level and necro dropping the best rings for rangers, rogues (oblivion, blood rings) and mages (if you count the focus+ability rings) and the mage cooldown bracers. Mord still drops the best helms and nondivine dmg weapons (spears). Mord drops direct boost to touch, bolt, and blast bracers. The next available bosses are proteus and gele. Proteus rings are mostly junk except to hotswap so that still leaves the bosses at 190 still being better for rings. Proteus bracers are pretty awesome but for many casters, necro and mord bracers are better. So, again, one of the issues is there is not a linear progression in raid loot where one boss is better than the next. The way it should be is bosses like proteus and gele should drop gear that makes all the 210+ (and sometimes lvl 200+) not even want to look at mord, necro, and hrung except to help the sub lvl 200 players get some gear.

MMOs without instance dungeons and bosses are games with limited resources which leads to competition for resources.

I apologize this if this off topic. And I realize quite a bit of this has been posted ad naseum.

I'm still using the same skull and brace I got 2 years ago. I'm in a clan that we are the dominant on the server and kill all bosses. It's kinda sad when you don't upgrade gear for years not because of lack of gear but because nothing better drops.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

+1. End game players should never ever be penalized when fighting end game 220 bosses.

Especially when game mechanics (bounties, killing end game bosses) dictate that you do level. It is inherently bad game design.

OTM is firm on keeping the level lock system and if there will never be monsters above 220, as otm has stated, then a hard level limit of 230 is required for this game. It's end game, the top end game toons should be competing for the end game content. Once the cap is reached,other players can then level up to that cap and compete for the end game content, equal playing field.

PS - as a side note for the level cap implementation, I think it has made a TON of money for otm in the way it was implemented. Before level lock a high level toon could kill low level bosses with hardly worrying about dying or have to use lixes and pots. With level lock now nearly every boss I see people have to use lixes and pots. The amount of money items being used / needed has gone up exponentially with this system.
A n e x a n d e r
Ranger of Avalon
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid.

It might just be that I fail to see how your personal gaming experience is becoming less enjoyable. You are part of Avalon, easily one of the most well known and most powerful clans in the game. By "down" you mean that it's harder for one of your 5 toons to continue to kill Gelebron. A feat that you have done a record number of times and hold a very quick time of doing so. I have nothing but respect for your clan's ability and your ability as a player.

I however do not feel sorry or ashamed at opposing something that would make it more difficult for me or my clanmates to achieve end game armor and weapons and the thrill of killing Gelebron. You are incorrect however on how I'd feel if I was in your place. I feel anyone who is willing to put in the time should enjoy all the content of the game. Anyone who levels to 220 should have a shot at Gelebron and DG armor if they can be team player. And to anyone who disagrees with me from another server, fight a fully geared group of Avalon sometime and see if you still feel the same after months of competing for every spawn of everything. I do not have any sympathy for anyone who has everything the game has to offer and still feels slighted somehow.

Sorry we don't see eye to eye on this. I also hope OTM keeps the silent majority and newer players in mind. Removing level lock or rolling back levels isn't going to help them achieve endgame goals on any server.

Edit: this will be my last post on the subject in anticipation of thread lock and moderator involvement

Aeslyn
Havoc
Finally someone said it. We can't have otm just listen to the top 3 strongest clans because they want to have no competition. Level lock is there for the right reason: giving lower level clans a chance at lower level bosses. I know mord and necro are 190, but chill guys. Your clan has killed them nonstop for 3years, let the little guys take 1 in 5 kills of the 3year old bosses. Sure your gear is way more powerful, but damn you guys can still get the majority of the kills! And plus, you can kill gele and prot, a feat nobody else on your server can do. It's extremely immature to force your way like this,
@Avalon
@Forever
@Resurgence
@Wolfgang
This thread is specifically about proteus and gele, not necro and the 3 year old bosses.

Totally valid gripe and I understand completely. This topic isn't about abolishing target lock at all though. Tons of end game players in dominant clans do not wish it away. We simply need a change. Instead of 10 levels we need 20 and 20%-50% minimum. This will not hurt new players at all. Here's why:

For new players
1. Because of the new critical abilities, repeatable xp quests and bounties players level faster then the bottle necks in Celtic heroes ie. Falgren 90, Grommak 130, Pyrus 135, Snorri 180. They are essentially forced to slow down progression to keep their level low enough to compete for their quest items.
2. By the time these new players reach 180 they realize that if they want a dl weapon they must a) stay below 190 or b) create a locker toon to be able to compete with all the other locker toons from the older/bigger clans
3. If these players want to compete for Hrung Mord or Necro they better either a) make more locker toons for those bosses as well or b) stay within only 10 levels of chosen boss. This means no more bounties, no more quests, no more lixing, no Edl... basically stalling their natural progress in ch
4. Forced to use Plat to buy pet and mount tokens because bounties will put you over level in approximately 10 days
5. Level lock used to take effect at 20 levels, ninja patch dropped it to 10 for some unknown reason which essentially forced all players to make new locker toons who are now within 10 levels of chosen boss.

For end game players
1. If you level your main over 231 you are penalized in a lock group at Proteus and Gelebron
2. You cannot do bounties anymore for fear of over levelling thus making even less of a reason to log in daily
3. No bounties means you have to buy Plat for your pet and mount tokens
4. When your close to 231 you have to leave lock group as to not gain xp from the bosses being killed
5. There are no bosses over level 220 and OTM have assured us that there will never be more lixing or mobs above 220
6. If you do go over level with your main is basically made into a heavy hitting cheerleader instead of a player who can compete with their clan
7. End game players are penalized at end game bosses, crazy talk

Solutions:
1. Allow level roll backs when requested
2. Implement a button in the settings tab to turn off gaining experience
3. Increase the margins in the level lock mechanics from 10/10 to a minimum of 20/25
4. Get rid of all bottlenecks (does not fix the issue for end game players)

I don't disagree that this isn't a problem, if you look at the game properly the drop rates are terrible, now imagine splitting that over two or 3 clans when it comes to endgame loot, there is a problem that this game will struggle to grow because even on my server my clan doesn't want new members because we got more then we need so those who can't succeed in getting in could struggle in another clan or quit neither good options. I don't disagree with that being an issue at all but the level lock is not a solution, level locking is a broken mechanic and anylock battle for endgame players should be a fair battle where the 8 players with the best build and gear win. It's up to otm to come up with endgame content that can satisfy small endgame clans however this is a totally seperate issue. The op wants her levels taken away a ridiculous but fair request due to a broken mechanic there's no reason she should be disadvantaged at endgame bosses.
Exactly itachi. **Fist Bump**