Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Issues with the Level Lock Penalty for Proteus and Gelebron for End Game Players

Edit: this will be my last post on the subject in anticipation of thread lock and moderator involvement

Aeslyn
Havoc
@Mods Please don't lock this thread because she's angry and asking you to. Maybe just clean it up a little if it's a must? Thanks

@Aes I will not reply to your last post in this topic either as I feel youre stuck in the idea that this is a Avalon vs Havoc thing and it isn't at all. Nobody cares to see it and it lessens our impact. I'm really sorry if I'm upsetting you. I may however send a pm if I feel up to it because I don't think you deserve a mike drop lol

Re: Issues with the Level Lock Penalty for Proteus and Gelebron for End Game Players

It might just be that I fail to see how your personal gaming experience is becoming less enjoyable. You are part of Avalon, easily one of the most well known and most powerful clans in the game.

Aeslyn
Havoc
It all boils down to being unable to play your main character. I don't know about you, perhaps you are a different breed of player, but I reckon most players favorite toon is usually their main and highest level. But in today's CH, we are forced to play alt/locker toons toons that we cant even play and get bounties or are forced to leave lock groups just so we don't level up. Even those doing bounties just to get a few tokens got screwed by OTM with their double bounty xp event.

There is something fundamentally wrong with a game when a player does not want to gain xp. Leveling and gaining experience points is the crux of any RPG game. If you don't see anything wrong with this, then there is nothing that would make you change your opinion nor understand what the high level players are really saying to OTM.

You just have to look at this from a neutral perspective and not be biased because you've been in the opposing clan to Avalon for years, which has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Read what others are saying. This isn't a Morrigan/Avalon issue, even thought Blue started the topic, it affects all servers and all players.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

It might just be that I fail to see how your personal gaming experience is becoming less enjoyable. You are part of Avalon, easily one of the most well known and most powerful clans in the game. By "down" you mean that it's harder for one of your 5 toons to continue to kill Gelebron. A feat that you have done a record number of times and hold a very quick time of doing so. I have nothing but respect for your clan's ability and your ability as a player.

I however do not feel sorry or ashamed at opposing something that would make it more difficult for me or my clanmates to achieve end game armor and weapons and the thrill of killing Gelebron. You are incorrect however on how I'd feel if I was in your place. I feel anyone who is willing to put in the time should enjoy all the content of the game. Anyone who levels to 220 should have a shot at Gelebron and DG armor if they can be team player. And to anyone who disagrees with me from another server, fight a fully geared group of Avalon sometime and see if you still feel the same after months of competing for every spawn of everything. I do not have any sympathy for anyone who has everything the game has to offer and still feels slighted somehow.

Sorry we don't see eye to eye on this. I also hope OTM keeps the silent majority and newer players in mind. Removing level lock or rolling back levels isn't going to help them achieve endgame goals on any server.

Edit: this will be my last post on the subject in anticipation of thread lock and moderator involvement

Aeslyn
Havoc
Finally someone said it. We can't have otm just listen to the top 3 strongest clans because they want to have no competition. Level lock is there for the right reason: giving lower level clans a chance at lower level bosses. I know mord and necro are 190, but chill guys. Your clan has killed them nonstop for 3years, let the little guys take 1 in 5 kills of the 3year old bosses. Sure your gear is way more powerful, but damn you guys can still get the majority of the kills! And plus, you can kill gele and prot, a feat nobody else on your server can do. It's extremely immature to force your way like this,
@Avalon
@Forever
@Resurgence
@Wolfgang
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

the whole level lock system is just horrible, but if otm truly believes it is necessary then a revamp is definetly needed. 10 levels 10% is just to small even on raids. 20-30 lvls would be a lot more fair with 25% until lock. Ideally I would rather see a complete abolishment of the level lock system like before level lock. in the end it is up to otm but I seriously hope they take the feedback on this thread to heart. It isn't about x,y, or z clan trying to get an advantage. It's simply about players being penalized for leveling instead of rewarded. No other game I've ever played with lock system in place made it by levels just a set % till lock.

It might just be that I fail to see how your personal gaming experience is becoming less enjoyable. You are part of Avalon, easily one of the most well known and most powerful clans in the game. By "down" you mean that it's harder for one of your 5 toons to continue to kill Gelebron. A feat that you have done a record number of times and hold a very quick time of doing so. I have nothing but respect for your clan's ability and your ability as a player.

I however do not feel sorry or ashamed at opposing something that would make it more difficult for me or my clanmates to achieve end game armor and weapons and the thrill of killing Gelebron. You are incorrect however on how I'd feel if I was in your place. I feel anyone who is willing to put in the time should enjoy all the content of the game. Anyone who levels to 220 should have a shot at Gelebron and DG armor if they can be team player. And to anyone who disagrees with me from another server, fight a fully geared group of Avalon sometime and see if you still feel the same after months of competing for every spawn of everything. I do not have any sympathy for anyone who has everything the game has to offer and still feels slighted somehow.

Sorry we don't see eye to eye on this. I also hope OTM keeps the silent majority and newer players in mind. Removing level lock or rolling back levels isn't going to help them achieve endgame goals on any server.

Aeslyn
Havoc
Finally someone said it. We can't have otm just listen to the top 3 strongest clans because they want to have no competition. Level lock is there for the right reason: giving lower level clans a chance at lower level bosses. I know mord and necro are 190, but chill guys. Your clan has killed them nonstop for 3years, let the little guys take 1 in 5 kills of the 3year old bosses. Sure your gear is way more powerful, but damn you guys can still get the majority of the kills! And plus, you can kill gele and prot, a feat nobody else on your server can do. It's extremely immature to force your way like this,
@Avalon
@Forever
@Resurgence
@Wolfgang
This game isnt designed to have multiple clans going for bosses it's designed for players to work together. It's designed that if your not in the top clan you wont get much end game loot but all that aside this thread is about a locking mechanic, if you look around all its causing is the dom clans to create locker toons, then once they do that and gear those toons well they will once again be winning all the bosses. This mechanic is by no means the saviour for weaker clans its giving them an opportunity until the dom clans change how they play and once again you end up back in the same position.

Maybe instead of giving bias opinions on a broken mechanic you can provide OTM with constructive feedback on ideas that will benefit smaller clans and allow for competition (never gonna happen but instances instead of open world bosses for example). OTM doesn't just listen to the top 3 clans they seem to do things different from other MMO's and in their own way.

Itachi1917, replying to your first paragraph.
You are saying that my goal should be to get into the top clan in my server is how this game is intended to be played. Well, OTM should Hava a disclaimer on the Morrigan server stating that if you intend to get endgame loot on Morrigan you must be prepared to submit an application for membership via 3rd party websites. I was under the impression that this is a mobile game that I could pick up and play at any time. If this was the case I would not have chosen Morrigan. My view is that this is supposed to a mobile game where new clans can build from the ground up and topple the bigger clans. If Blue is to revert back to 230 that tales away that break the other clan is getting. This is why the OP request should be denied in my opinion.
DR Derp of Donn
Meh

While i agree the level lock is good for the lower bosses it should not be needed for the final boss of the games content (gele and prot? if i knew what prot was)

Correct me if i am wrong but isnt the main part of the thread about the lock for those two bosses which are supposed to be the end of the endgame content atm not the lower bosses like necro dl etc.

The end of the endgame players should not have a lock req on theses bosses untill the next end of the end bosses are added
Thanks for Cross Platform OTM!

Aeslyn
Havoc
@Avalon
@Forever
@Resurgence
@Wolfgang
This thread is specifically about proteus and gele, not necro and the 3 year old bosses.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue