Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Cross Platform Client Release - iOS / Android

We run detection for brute forcing, this will quickly result in a device ban if attempted.
Who does brute forcing manually on a device? If that's true, you probably could use the same utility for detecting Android bots and ban the account.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Brute forcing either manually through the client application, or through any automated custom software will be caught all the same.

If someone did write something like this it would not be useful in detecting bots, usually due to NAT masking whether there is one machine with multiple applications or just multiple people on one network.
Lead programmer at OTM

On rare scenario of 2 different players with same account name and password the first to login in game See conflict message and change password than second player on other platform will log later and without conflict message he will keep same password.
First player can log second players account next week knowing name account and password or even worst if first player have device from other platform

I have two account same name same password in both ios/android. When i changed password on android the warning of conflict info on ios vanished without changing password on ios

All usernames should be required to be unique.
If that is impossible, then 2-factor authentication should be required on any accounts with matching usernames (perhaps requiring email registration and validation).

While the eventual existence of identical username and password pairs is unlikely, any system that allows that possibility is insecure and untrustworthy.
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

U said we get the option to change our passwords, not usernames if I'm not mistaken. That would mean someone could have the same username as me on android, but both of us have different passwords correct? It would only take a curious mind to essentially hack into my account if they manage to guess password correctly, since username would be the same. @otm
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

We run detection for brute forcing, this will quickly result in a device ban if attempted.
What if u just happen to forget ur new password then and end up getting a device ban trying different passwords to get into ur own account.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Well i thought changing the username was going to be the original plan when this happened i was not expecting the password to be the thing being changed. But i just changes all of my android passwords (i cant change any of my ios passwords so i will hope they dont get a soft ban and i can just log in)

I also think the chances of usernames being identical is very low (unless they are the same person) so im going to hope this all runs smoothly and know one had any problems come next week
Thanks for Cross Platform OTM!