Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Some Quest Thoughts

From a recent discussion on our Rhiannon social group:

Reason why the armour quests suck (in general - bear with me). They are lazy and frustrating quests, because:

* From Warden through Doch, it's the same freakin' quest, just washed and rinsed with different bosses.

* Regularly timed spawns actively reduce competition, create bottlenecks, and force the game into a "stand around for hours" one, instead of a "get out and enjoy the content" one.

* All of the quests have way too much disparity. Play a rogue? Have fun collecting your drops...

* Want to play the game solo? No chance.

* Way too much disparity in spawn types. So not only do you have to wait hours specifically not enjoying the game, 90% of the time it's a completely wasted effort when a 4 spawns.

Warden, Meteoric, DL, EDL, and Doch Gul quests are by far the worst aspect of the game. Clan competition/FFA should be about raid bosses, not about common quests that everyone does - just somewhat pathetic.

On the upside, the meteoric weapon quest is über. There's a story, you can solo (or with a little help). The Morrigan drops are a bit of a pain, but nowhere in the same pain in the arse league as armour quests. It's a fun quest.

The armour quests should be like *that*. Not be like "yeah, here we are again, 4 clans hanging out bored out of their f*ing minds in a cave waiting for a 4* placeholder to spawn and drop nothing." Muchos Yawnos.

So, suggestions I'd like to see:

* Removal of 4*. It's alleviated the issue somewhat, opening these placeholders up to better drop rates (e.g. 4* Snorri dropping crowns), but they really do serve no purpose.

* Make the quests more compelling (a la Meteoric Weapon). Half the problem is that the quests just are not interesting.

* Remove set spawn times. Preferably for everything, but quest bosses in particular. Perhaps change to "random time up to (max time) after kill". So instead of relatively short spawn windows every hour or so, have longer windows with shorter minimum spawn times. Or even...

* Remove the "gotta collect 'em all" Pokéfragtabremnantidol quests for something more heroic. Again, Met Weapon quest is brill - that's the sort of line.

The advantages would be huge. Less frustration for players completing core quests. More competition between clans at raids. More scope for players to enjoy the additional content that is being put into the game, rather than calendaring their days around regular boss spawns. More immersion in the rich stories we are seeing coming in the game. More being Heroes than campers.

It is a serious point. It is the weakest, weakest part of an otherwise fun and interesting game.

(And since I haven't set a signature up yet:
Alycia, 227 ranger, Guardian of InnerCircle, Rhiannon)
Alycia, Ranger 227+
Guardian of the Inner Circle
ShadowSiren, Rogue
MorganLeFay, Druid
RedMariah, Warrior
Mephistia, Mage
Plus a ton of additional alts
Inner Circle, Rhiannon

Re: Some Quest Thoughts

Couldn't agree more with original post, but the idiots wanting auto play should just bugger off. What point is there in a game that plays itself?
Do you want your food to be self eating and your girlfriends (long shot I know) to be self satisfying?
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

From a recent discussion on our Rhiannon social group:

Reason why the armour quests suck (in general - bear with me). They are lazy and frustrating quests, because:

* From Warden through Doch, it's the same freakin' quest, just washed and rinsed with different bosses.

* Regularly timed spawns actively reduce competition, create bottlenecks, and force the game into a "stand around for hours" one, instead of a "get out and enjoy the content" one.

* All of the quests have way too much disparity. Play a rogue? Have fun collecting your drops...

* Want to play the game solo? No chance.

* Way too much disparity in spawn types. So not only do you have to wait hours specifically not enjoying the game, 90% of the time it's a completely wasted effort when a 4 spawns.

Warden, Meteoric, DL, EDL, and Doch Gul quests are by far the worst aspect of the game. Clan competition/FFA should be about raid bosses, not about common quests that everyone does - just somewhat pathetic.

On the upside, the meteoric weapon quest is über. There's a story, you can solo (or with a little help). The Morrigan drops are a bit of a pain, but nowhere in the same pain in the arse league as armour quests. It's a fun quest.

The armour quests should be like *that*. Not be like "yeah, here we are again, 4 clans hanging out bored out of their f*ing minds in a cave waiting for a 4* placeholder to spawn and drop nothing." Muchos Yawnos.

So, suggestions I'd like to see:

* Removal of 4*. It's alleviated the issue somewhat, opening these placeholders up to better drop rates (e.g. 4* Snorri dropping crowns), but they really do serve no purpose.

* Make the quests more compelling (a la Meteoric Weapon). Half the problem is that the quests just are not interesting.

* Remove set spawn times. Preferably for everything, but quest bosses in particular. Perhaps change to "random time up to (max time) after kill". So instead of relatively short spawn windows every hour or so, have longer windows with shorter minimum spawn times. Or even...

* Remove the "gotta collect 'em all" Pokéfragtabremnantidol quests for something more heroic. Again, Met Weapon quest is brill - that's the sort of line.

The advantages would be huge. Less frustration for players completing core quests. More competition between clans at raids. More scope for players to enjoy the additional content that is being put into the game, rather than calendaring their days around regular boss spawns. More immersion in the rich stories we are seeing coming in the game. More being Heroes than campers.

It is a serious point. It is the weakest, weakest part of an otherwise fun and interesting game.

(And since I haven't set a signature up yet:
Alycia, 227 ranger, Guardian of InnerCircle, Rhiannon)

+1 to autoplay
220+Ranger
220+Mage
Plz add autoplay!

I don't even know where has come from or why it's being cited ITT - I don't even mention it in the OP. Makes no sense to me - kids want to watch a game play itself or something?

The point is to express frustration with and discuss potential replacements for the Warden through Doch Gul questline. It makes sense to me that, given new and upcoming content, the biggest block to players enjoying that content should be re-examined. It's not like there's no precedent for revitalising game content that has become tired - if anyone remembers the original Meteoric weapon quest, for example.
Alycia, Ranger 227+
Guardian of the Inner Circle
ShadowSiren, Rogue
MorganLeFay, Druid
RedMariah, Warrior
Mephistia, Mage
Plus a ton of additional alts
Inner Circle, Rhiannon

Yea, the armor quests in this game are boring and no fun and definitely needs to redone. The meteor weapon quest was a pretty interesting quest but I wouldn't call it a good quest mainly because of the part where you need to collect the pages, and the other parts of the quest requires outside help which I'm also not a fan of. A level 105 can't solo blackstorm or those 5* dudes in murky. Like many things in this game, the meteor weapon quest was a very good concept, just poor execution imo.

The Autoplay thing is just a joke because of how stupid it was when Boymclir (a now banned forum user) suggested it lol
http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=91046
Just a reference lel
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD