Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: [Rant] Stop asking me to verify my gender for **** sake.

@Throwaway

As a female who also plays, primarily on a female toon, I do understand your frustration. Generally those who do not know me well ig assume I am male based on how I speak and behave. Personally I let it go, as I figure it doesn't make any difference. It's a game, you can be whatever you like, no questions should be asked. If I volunteer my gender to someone, it is only because I know them well enough to trust them with it. Otherwise they can figure it out on their own.

To those that ask for proof of gender....I won't ask you for proof that you are male, so don't bother me, and let's just enjoy the game.
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

@Throwaway

As a female who also plays, primarily on a female toon, I do understand your frustration. Generally those who do not know me well ig assume I am male based on how I speak and behave. Personally I let it go, as I figure it doesn't make any difference. It's a game, you can be whatever you like, no questions should be asked. If I volunteer my gender to someone, it is only because I know them well enough to trust them with it. Otherwise they can figure it out on their own.

To those that ask for proof of gender....I won't ask you for proof that you are male, so don't bother me, and let's just enjoy the game.
It's a shame that there are people in this game who feel that they have the authority and the need to question other people's genders.
Liv said it perfectly:
t's a game, you can be whatever you like, no questions should be asked.
Anyone who has a problem with this ideology should keep it to themselves. It's not your place to make others feel uncomfortable because you want to be an ass.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Its funny, i actually think you more often then not see people as the same gender you are.

Last year when i was playing clash of clans, i made some friends in a clan, and i always just assumed they were male, turns out they were female and
had always assumed i was female, why did we never really find out, cause it doesnt matter at all. Its just funny how it happens, as it also recently happened to me in CH on Android.

Im not really contributing here, just putting it out there.
Epona

Rogue: 150
Mage: 60
Druid: 58
Warrior: 47
Ranger: 40

From Australia, NSW
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

DO NOT GIVE A **** who you think I am. JUST PLAY THE GAME AND HAVE FUN INSTEAD OF TRYING TO PRESSURE ME INTO 'PROVING' THAT IM A WOMAN.
Agree 100%. Happens on Crom all the time. I'm a 38 y/o married mom... I'm not sending selfies to prove that. If I was going to make something up I'd pick something more exciting :)
bdon - level 160 Rogue - Sacred - Crom

Am I the only one who realised the op is named throwaway as in a throwaway account and it just so happens the above post number 12 shares the exact same ideas? Just some speculation
Agreeing with the op does not make you the op :)
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”