Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: When are new battlemounts being released?

Hopefully the new mounts will have 3 stat bonuses instead of 2. Just like old vs newer pets.
I don't like it when developers do this. Making better variations with the same attainability is lazy and throws off the current balance. Things shouldn't be obsolete for the sole reason that they were introduced sooner.
That is the nature of the business. Newer iphones, cars, televisions , etc etc all have better features and more more powerful than their predecessors. That's why consumers ditch their old stuff and buy new stuff.
The difference is this is a game. Not every developer takes that route.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

All MMO games do it. Why are there 20 armor tiers in WoW or 6 of them in O&C Same with mounts. RPG games are a never ending cycle of upgrades and gear replacements.

In fact CH is the only game I've played where I still use an item obtained 4 years ago. Not many MMO games, if any, do that.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I don't like it when developers do this. Making better variations with the same attainability is lazy and throws off the current balance. Things shouldn't be obsolete for the sole reason that they were introduced sooner.
That is the nature of the business. Newer iphones, cars, televisions , etc etc all have better features and more more powerful than their predecessors. That's why consumers ditch their old stuff and buy new stuff.
The difference is this is a game. Not every developer takes that route.

Wrong, the difference isn't that this is a game. The difference is that iPhones and cars etc increase in price as they increase in value.

Adding another stat adds to the mount's value. It should in no way cost the same as the old ones - that's where the mistake lies.

Game or not - the same patterns emerge in games as they do in real life. OTM just needs find a different way of valuing items other than constantly increasing them in price.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Wrong, the difference isn't that this is a game. The difference is that iPhones and cars etc increase in price as they increase in value.

Adding another stat adds to the mount's value. It should in no way cost the same as the old ones - that's where the mistake lies.

Game or not - the same patterns emerge in games as they do in real life. OTM just needs find a different way of valuing items other than constantly increasing them in price.
That's why I mentioned attainability.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Hopefully the new mounts will have 3 stat bonuses instead of 2. Just like old vs newer pets.
+1
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 227 rogue
MF, 226 mage
Zot, 221 ranger
They call me the raid boss slayer.
What's a D3stiny?