Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: is tank needed?

Irrelevant.
The discussion here is whether warriors tanks are needed anymore.
They cannot taunt, cannot lock so whats the point? Where can they help?
Tanking? Lol
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Irrelevant.
Tanking? Lol
mckenna was talking about how taunt is ineffective if you are a high level warrior vs a lower level boss.
without taunt, there is no way to tank anything.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Irrelevant.
Tanking? Lol
:-)
Yes while all the rest of the party is dead. And when they start causing damage again, the taunt again fails.

But its not about taunt only. Its about whether tanks are relevant anymore in this game.

Irrelevant.
It's not irrelevant. You have 2 different discussions happening. 1 is about lock and 1 is about if tanks are needed. Both have been answered. There are some bosses where tanks are not necessary at this point in the game. And there are some bosses that it is very necessary to have a tank. And you have some bosses like proteus that technically you could just bolas the entire time, it makes it a much more smooth fight to have a tank. Now what OTM should do is fix taunt so that it works regardless of the level of the boss and the level of the warrior. I know if I bring my lvl 226 warrior to 160 dragonlord with a bunch of lvl 155-165 toons, I may not be able to keep aggro. If I head up to edl bosses with like leveled toons, I can keep aggro just fine.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Yes, later in the game a tank is the most important class to have. Without it none of the big bosses in game would die. Probably around 180+ tanks start becoming more and more important
ive been a clan that have kited prot base no tank but tanks are great
Hi

Yes, later in the game a tank is the most important class to have. Without it none of the big bosses in game would die. Probably around 180+ tanks start becoming more and more important
yeah happened on arawn aswell. I was the one kiting prot haha wasnt fun :shock:
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

yeah happened on arawn aswell. I was the one kiting prot haha wasnt fun :shock:
lol
Hi

In my experience, I dont like being a tanker due to multiple reasons. Being outside the group; often people forget to add me on the attendance list; 95% of time not being useful; many more.

But as a lower level hybrid warrior, with the highest hp and lowest dps in the group during the lock battle is worth it. Often when there's 6* spawned and the entired group got wiped and i was only one whos still alive. I immediately used tanker skills to buy enough time for the rest of the group to recover.

If there is no higher level tanker in ur clan in ur time zone, i would say being a tanker is helpful to help others. If there s 2 or more tankers who have higher level than you, then imo it is not worth being a tanker. It s a waste of time.

Just make sure u have couple of books of alt and rebirth available in ur backpack just in case you are needed to be a tanker when there s no lock battle.

Hope this helps :).
Nuada:
Maple Tree, Warrior, LVL 221 - Loony Toon

Rosmerta: (retired)
Beagl3, Warrior, LVL 225
KissingMyBeagle, Druid LVL 221

Arawn: (retired)
CBunderdog, Warrior, Lvl 215