Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Add mount whistles as possible items in event chests - Sign with your mount's name if you agree!

I agree with this. Just pretend the 60 plat you got was a pack of 30 whistles.

In fact, what many folks don't realize is that the plat items in chest, such as idols, or alt books, etc. is OTM making a purchase for you. Even if you don't need them. I'd rather get 50 plat than 50 idols. If I need idols, I'll buy them myself.

You have all been brainwashed, thinking you are getting something nifty from chests. Its just a way for you to waste plat by randomly buying from the plat store with the occasional token for fashion, pets and mounts.
Harry Reid (white wolf) disagrees.

Personally, I buy chests for the slim chance of getting one of the big gold/plat prizes, or one of the rare items. I consider all the other stuff I get from chests to be a bonus.
Therefore, Harry Reid and I think adding mount whistles to chests would be a welcome edition. :D

On the topic of brainwashing, sometimes i get the impression certain individuals have been brainwashed to believe that all their opinions are authoritative. :shock:
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

Re: Add mount whistles as possible items in event chests - Sign with your mount's name if you agree!

In fact, what many folks don't realize is that the plat items in chest, such as idols, or alt books, etc. is OTM making a purchase for you. Even if you don't need them. I'd rather get 50 plat than 50 idols. If I need idols, I'll buy them myself.

You have all been brainwashed, thinking you are getting something nifty from chests. Its just a way for you to waste plat by randomly buying from the plat store with the occasional token for fashion, pets and mounts.

Personally, I buy chests for the slim chance of getting one of the big gold/plat prizes, or one of the rare items. I consider all the other stuff I get from chests to be a bonus.
Therefore, Harry Reid and I think adding mount whistles to chests would be a welcome edition. :D

On the topic of brainwashing, sometimes i get the impression certain individuals have been brainwashed to believe that all their opinions are authoritative. :shock:
Having mount whistles in there will just decrease your odds of getting gold and plat.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Having mount whistles in there will just decrease your odds of getting gold and plat.
I agree that it would affect the odds a wee bit, but I don't think it would be statistically significant.

That said, Harry Reid and I are really liking the idea of just making mount whistles purchasable with bounty tokens!
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

I know some people who bought chests just for haste elixirs or combos. Then they get disappointed that after spending plat on 100 chests they only got 20 combos. Well guess what, if they had spent the plat on combos, then they didn't have to gamble to get what they wanted. OTM just indirectly made a purchase for them for items they didn't want.

Would you go grocery shopping in a store that says "Spend $100 and we will randomly put items in your shopping cart, but you have a small chance to win $4,000". Would that be how you would like to shop for milk and eggs and other essentials?

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

They should just remove whistles from the game and allow idols to res you and your mount. Battlemounts are great but they are not going to make a huge difference in a boss fight. When mine dies i finish what im doing then go to castle pay 100 gold and get him back. Its an inconvenience that is not needed. If otm looked at hiw many whistles were ever used i bet its a very small number. However if not for whistled a bet more people would get battlemounts, which means more mount tokens leaving the market which means more chests need to be opened to get more tokens into the market.

Trying to generate revenue on whistles one plate at a time is like walking around town picking up pennies trying to make a dollar.