Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: It's time to drop the no sharing rule: an opinion piece

Considering what's being proposed is only for OTM not to take action & unleash the ban hammer I'm for this I think it is high time they recognise what actually goes on in there own game, I mean Gelebron requires 30+ toons to down I'm sure they know how this is sometimes being achieved.

Unrelated I always wondered why they don't introduce some kind of "Item lock" for owners of items it would make lending risk free & scamming impossible, not like "NO TRADE" but make the items people locked so that would mean the player who lent it is always the owner and has some kind of recall for if & whenever they ever wanted their item maybe while the lock is active it's not sellable either idk just a random idea sure it could be improved or built on.
What if they had a "Loan a Item mailbox" to loan friends mounts and certain important non quest item drops? It would prevent scamming 100%
I lost a 100% mount to a friend cause he left game and i couldnt get it back cause he lost his info. Sucks but it is what it is... if they invested in this. People would be happy and play risk free.
YourMedicine 220 Warrior Lir Inactive
Calculus 205 Rogue Lir
Agenda X 215 Rogue Donn
Virtuous 170 Warrior Donn Inactive

Rogue is much funner!

If different thinkers are enemies just think of what we could be
If our thoughts were in harmony

Sounds like a good idea to me!
I only went off topic as I was thinking of the reason for this "Ban Policy" from my understanding it's only to protect OTM from liability or having to deal with nonsense.

I guess that's also why they have that statement from Admin about if we don't share our password we can't be scammed it also discourages lending of items, something I never understood because it's an mmorpg! A community made up of so many like minded people why are we being discouraged to share & be compassionate.

I think there are ways they can implement it so nobody is scammed like the "lending mail box" and that account sharing is in our own hands & as stated if we do it it's completely on us if anything is to happen.
Sephiroth89 221 Warrior
Zaraki 225Rogue
Mince 221 Mage
SilentHit 225 Ranger

Member of a cult

We all have Light & Dark impulses what defines us is which we chose to act on.

Considering what's being proposed is only for OTM not to take action & unleash the ban hammer I'm for this I think it is high time they recognise what actually goes on in there own game, I mean Gelebron requires 30+ toons to down I'm sure they know how this is sometimes being achieved.

Unrelated I always wondered why they don't introduce some kind of "Item lock" for owners of items it would make lending risk free & scamming impossible, not like "NO TRADE" but make the items people locked so that would mean the player who lent it is always the owner and has some kind of recall for if & whenever they ever wanted their item maybe while the lock is active it's not sellable either idk just a random idea sure it could be improved or built on.
What if they had a "Loan a Item mailbox" to loan friends mounts and certain important non quest item drops? It would prevent scamming 100%
I lost a 100% mount to a friend cause he left game and i couldnt get it back cause he lost his info. Sucks but it is what it is... if they invested in this. People would be happy and play risk free.
They won't do this because it's just not a thing that's ever happened in a game ever, but I like the idea. It could show up like a buff under your resource bar, "1 month remaining" and it would be NO TRADE and after a month passes, the item zaps back to the owner's mailbox. I think I'd rather have trust between players and only loan clannies items. I've let clannies borrow so far a 36 focus helm, a Topaz Hammer and a Flint Hammer. All have come back so far, even if I've quit the game for a month and whatnot.
LIR
Shea Souffle level 100 Warrior.
Grendel level 155 Rogue.
Dreo level 96 Druid.
Aardi Level 80 Ranger

Eh, also a secret lv158 Warrior.

Proud Gen of Hurt.

They won't do this because it's just not a thing that's ever happened in a game ever, but I like the idea. It could show up like a buff under your resource bar, "1 month remaining" and it would be NO TRADE and after a month passes, the item zaps back to the owner's mailbox. I think I'd rather have trust between players and only loan clannies items. I've let clannies borrow so far a 36 focus helm, a Topaz Hammer and a Flint Hammer. All have come back so far, even if I've quit the game for a month and whatnot.
Thing is a real life friend used it and he lost all info... was helping him get started and i pretty much lost it TRUST or no TRUST
Calculus 205 Rogue Lir
Agenda X 215 Rogue Donn

Rogue is much funner!

Thing is a real life friend used it and he lost all info... was helping him get started and i pretty much lost it TRUST or no TRUST
Yeah well that's true. I remember that in 2011 my friends and I would take turns with a Golden Trident because we were noobs and it was so much cheaper hahaha, but if any one of us lost the trident we'd all suffer. We knew each other's passwords back then though just in case.
LIR
Grendel level 155 Rogue.
Dreo level 96 Druid.
Aardi Level 80 Ranger

Proud Gen of Hurt.

I would never agree on getting rid of this rule mainly because of an incident that occurred a couple years back on Belenus. One of the richest players in Belenus shared his Account with his fellow high ranked clannies, one day he logged on to find everything he owned gone and it was truly a sad sight to see even though the guy acted like a rich d-bag at times. He later quit. Otm should really start enforcing this rule to prevent things like that happening again, and I never understood why people trust other people they have never met before with their items... It's beyond stupidity. Plus I can already imagine a world with no shared snorri campers, would be a nice sight to see.

Also, otm does enforce the rule but only when accounts are being sold/bought it seems. I know this cause I've had an account banned for selling it, later got it back tho after promising never to do it again.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

I would never agree on getting rid of this rule mainly because of an incident that occurred a couple years back on Belenus. One of the richest players in Belenus shared his Account with his fellow high ranked clannies, one day he logged on to find everything he owned gone and it was truly a sad sight to see even though the guy acted like a rich d-bag at times. He later quit. Otm should really start enforcing this rule to prevent things like that happening again, and I never understood why people trust other people they have never met before with their items... It's beyond stupidity. Plus I can already imagine a world with no shared snorri campers, would be a nice sight to see.

Also, otm does enforce the rule but only when accounts are being sold/bought it seems. I know this cause I've had an account banned for selling it, later got it back tho after promising never to do it again.
I agree hiring a team to enforce this would be a great thing!
Calculus 205 Rogue Lir
Agenda X 215 Rogue Donn

Rogue is much funner!

I agree hiring a team to enforce this would be a great thing!
I believe the rule should still be there, but just not be high in priority to otm. It's like how you hear about kids and their pot, it's illegal, but most of the time when they're caught, they're just told to drop it into the ground and kick it into the dirt 'til it's gone. But if there were lots, then the kid would be charged.
LIR
Grendel level 155 Rogue.
Dreo level 96 Druid.
Aardi Level 80 Ranger

Proud Gen of Hurt.

Similarly to a previous post, I also play in an endgame clan where account sharing is not allowed. I think the account sharing rule should not only be kept but enforced with priority.

When competing for endgame or even legacy bosses, you are limited by available players logging in. Sometimes you don't have a tank, or a druid, or even just the right kind of lock group. If you remove this rule, then hypothetically you could log and custom tailor a lock group for each scenario...which isn't fair, and not the aim of the game I would think. Of course, after leveling enough toons you could essentially do the same thing...but that isn't unfair because the extra work has been put in by that player.

I just don't think that you should be able to pull from a rolodex of past geared players to suit your needs.

Aeslyn
Havoc