Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The most interesting thing I have read about this game (MUST READ)

Nope. If i was in a lesser clan i would love a shorter window too and it would actually help them a lot, shorter window means they have bigger chance of winning since they would have a better idea of when a boss is about to spawn so they can log or get their best members ready... like with Snorri now.

Shorter window and longer spawn time would benefit them too since they would have a looooot more time to lix rather than being parked and camped at bosses most of the time to even stand a chance of winning a boss.
No one did. I certainly didnt.

No one mentioned anything about smaller/larger clans. Me saying "lesser" means less dominant (since you brought being dominant into this), i wasnt talking about the size of a clan.

------

Back to the OP anyway.. the whole point of me asking for reduced window and longer spawn time on this thread is so other players (mostly eg'ers) will have more time to actually enjoy the other contents (and future contents) of the game without worrying about being parked/camped at bosses pretty much 90% of the time.
I don't even remember how we got to this, the OP for this thread was about crafting :lol: to which i said +1 cuz more killing stuff lol.
Read your first reply to me on this thread if you dont remember, thats how.

But ye, lets agree to disagree.
Yea minus one to window change too plus one to crafting

To all of you crafting haters. This game desperately needs something like crafting. Fixing eg bosses doesn't fix squat, you'll still be killing the boss over and over and over again. Instead of "fixing" things that will make no change to overall gameplay at all, otm needs to expand and give us more things to do. Not to mention how tiny our armor options are (especially for warrior, using dl/edl 24/7). Crafting gives players something to do and give players something legit to aim for (good useable armor and jewelry), because let's face it, fishing was a great start but there's honestly nothing to aim for but bears which don't affect anything but fishing.

Crafting, PvP overhaul, and an expansion update (new areas) are the main things otm should be focusing on. The reason why players are so critical on raid bosses is because that's the only thing they can do really, so by expanding by adding crafting, PvP overhaul or an expansion update, players will take their minds off of the repetitive raid boss grind and will finally be given a chance to focus on new things worth focusing on
I agree that we need more things to do than just killing bosses, but thats what Celtic Heroes is. I really hope they add stuff like crafting as long as its not done like fishing: theres no reward for casually playing.

Another thing that makes it hard for many players to enjoy all the new content thats coming, are the long raid windows. We dont have to have this discussion again, because we have too different opinions on this, but many players have to camp bosses for several reasons. Reducing windows would mean less camping and more time for other things to do in game. I think we all want that, right?
Two*

I find it ridiculous that people have accepted the play style of "camping on one device and doing something else on another" or even the fact that everyone should have multiple alts for different bosses.

RPGs should be designed with one player with one device. Right now, if you only have one toon and one device, and you belong to an endgame clan, all you're gonna be doing is camp or park at a boss spot and be ready for a call. Yes there were short breaks in between but the reduction to 36 hour respawn increased camping by 25%, which is what the opposite of what we were asking for.

OTM should re evaluate what it takes to play their game. This is why CH doesn't have very good player retention. Not everyone can afford multiple devices or level up 3-5 toons.

If features like crafting will be added, that is just more content that will vie for someone's time, and taking away camping would help a lot in freeing up more time to do other stuff in game. Makes it more enjoyable for everyone. I can't even fish on my dps toons because they're always stuck somewhere ready to join a lock group. I can only imagine the frustrations of those with single toons and single devices.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

+1 to ail. Camping ranges from so many bosses now if there was no camping we'd have enough time to do other things. For example, killing edls, troll, and raids at different times leaves us with almost no room to do things in between. Wish the camping ended so we could get on and do other things.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

+1 to ail. Camping ranges from so many bosses now if there was no camping we'd have enough time to do other things. For example, killing edls, troll, and raids at different times leaves us with almost no room to do things in between. Wish the camping ended so we could get on and do other things.
You'd enjoy servers with minimal competition like lugh. Only bosses that are camped are snorri and sreng which most players have no problems with because everyone needs crowns. Other bosses are are just occasionally checked and if its up than its up, little to no camping needed. Because of this everyone has free time to do whatever tf they want.

If otm created more ways to obtain gear worth using like crafting then the need for camping would be reduced, but camping will always have a special place in this game because that's what's going to happen in a 100% open world game. Otm has so many factors to include when talking about windows and spawn times, and they most likely see things that we can't which is why they choose not to reduce the windows as much as you guys would like, because if otm implemented nothing but player feedback and suggestions, this game would probably be a mess.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

You'd enjoy servers with minimal competition like lugh. Only bosses that are camped are snorri and sreng which most players have no problems with because everyone needs crowns. Other bosses are are just occasionally checked and if its up than its up, little to no camping needed. Because of this everyone has free time to do whatever tf they want.

If otm created more ways to obtain gear worth using like crafting then the need for camping would be reduced, but camping will always have a special place in this game because that's what's going to happen in a 100% open world game. Otm has so many factors to include when talking about windows and spawn times, and they most likely see things that we can't which is why they choose not to reduce the windows as much as you guys would like, because if otm implemented nothing but player feedback and suggestions, this game would probably be a mess.
My server used to be this way, no camping at all as everything (even snorri for awhile) was either on rotation or shared by those at spawn. We had a ton of whiners saying it was boring and made the game dull. Though at the time my server had the most high levels who were considered active by leaderboard standards, probably because hundreds of thousands of player hours weren't wasted camping.

Funny thing is those people are still complaining when they lose locks now.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I never said I didn't enjoy competition, I love to rekt n00bs! That being said, I just don't like camping.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I never said I didn't enjoy competition, I love to rekt n00bs! That being said, I just don't like camping.
Well competition brings camping sadly, no matter what you do camping will always be a thing.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD