Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Auction house and server inflation

I can compare fingal and donn. I haven't looked at balor much. So before auction house on fingal, most lix were 500 gold to 1k each, xps were 3-4k, hastes were 3k, restos 200 gold each, combos were 8-10k each. After auction house, these lix are still the same price.

On Donn before auction house, prices for the same lix were the same as they are on fingal. After auction house, they have gone up 2-3 times the amount. Xps are running 6-8k, combos 15-20k, hastes 4-6k, restos 500-1000 gold each, and the other lix 2-3k each. Auction house has made it terrible for those that have to farm gold to buy lix. It's a win for plat buyers for sure here. Now ive been a plat buyer since i started lixing so haven't had to worry about farming in game. But I feel bad for those that do.

How has the auction house impacted your server as far as plat items?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Auction house and server inflation

On Lugh I've noticed this as well. Even alt and rebirth books are being sold for 20k ea, but this can also be because the seller uses an alt toon to up the price, we cant really know. Something I also noticed, is that the usual plat buyers here are spending less money on this game, which is because the chests are really boring now. This can also raise the plat item's prices.. its so lame, because nowadays we need plat items to function.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

Huh, interesting to hear this.... prices on epona have dropped, xps have gone from 3k to 2k, pet tokens have gone from 60 to 40-50, mounts have gone from 80 to 50-60, rest have stayed the same.
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

There has been some inflation on taranis but it has been uneven, sks even dropped from around 3k to 2.5 in bulk. Sigils went up from 5-6k/box to 6.5/8k pet tokens stayed around 50 with a small tick up that has not gone back down and mount tokens back to around 75-80 after a brief up tick.

The AH has increased demand by removing the ridiculous hassle of spamming people on every map, whispering unwelcoming people, and resorting to third party social media apps.

On the plus side in game items drops have seen a pretty decent uptick in prices, especially event gear while some of the lower armor quest lines have dropped but that's due to a lack of demand as there are fewer new players (alt or otherwise)

Taranis has been averaging around 400-600 items, wondering what the volume is on other servers.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Finally able to buy sigils lol. I used to spend weeks upon weeks just shouting "buying sigils!" No one ever sold .-. Now there are a lot in the Auction House, finally, more sigils.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

I have seen some ridiculous prices on Fingal for lots of things but the one that really annoys me is alt books. They used to be 5k but are going for up to 20k at AH. Non-plat items are being super inflated as well. 50k for a single dragon disc? Frost orbs for 50k? Hound crests for 200k? Come on. And spell tomes that you buy from vendor in castle for 5 gold are being sold on AH for 1-3k. People should be ashamed of themselves for doing this. I feel bad for the new players that don't realize they're getting screwed.

I've noticed it a bit on Rosmerta as well - specific items being auctioned for much higher than the previous market value. As with any new economic system, price fluctuation should be expected. In my opinion the worst thing to do would be to purchase items at an inflated price - that would only promote the behavior.

I have to imagine, in a few weeks, prices will level out back to the pre-AH price structure on each server. Once folks see that they cannot sell for inflated prices, they will begin to offer at a reasonable price again. Just my $0.02 on the matter.

I have to imagine, in a few weeks, prices will level out back to the pre-AH price structure on each server. Once folks see that they cannot sell for inflated prices, they will begin to offer at a reasonable price again. Just my $0.02 on the matter.
Many of these items are just wishful thinking or hoping someone fat fingers the buy now button.

I'm sure the long term price will stay somewhat higher than before (if supply of items -plat event raid quest) stays constant. This is due to the virtual increase in demand that easy access to items causes. When you don't have to shout for weeks and sellers get the benefit of bidding that's pretty likely.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Well here on gwydion I don't see many plat items in ah, however the few that are in there are at the standard inflated price from before ah, we had a plat item drought kinda so many things were forced inflated before ah, people selling Alts 10k rebirths 20k when before inflation it was 4-5k for alts, 8-10k for rebirths, hastes have gone up because of the necessity of them in the top clans. Everything else is at our standard prices.
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired