Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Thoughts on the newly implemented Auction House

I like the cancel option. I don't sell stuff in the AH, but I'd like the option of contacting a seller of an item and have them be able to cancel the item and sell to you without paying the AH fees, they only lose their deposit.

It also greatl when you see a clanmate of your selling an item and you didn't know they had it, and they would gladly remove the item and sell it to a clannie. Works very well for both parties.
If this is the case then it only makes sense to be able to cancel a bid for a penalty. After all if a clanmate is selling an item I want, then I won't have to wait for the item I'm bidding on to end, someone else to outbid me, or waste more money on the item I want if a clannie is selling for cheaper. After all they are pretty much the same scenario.

Both of which I disagree with.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

I'm loving the Auction House overall, but I also think items shouldn't be allowed to be cancelled after people have placed bids. Some people waste our time trolling drops in there they never intend to sell. It's also personally annoying having several people whisper and mail me in an attempt to direct buy something up for action. I like the Auction House so I don't have to do price negations and shouting, but still having people plead with me to direct sell is defeating the purpose of avoiding the haggling.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Like I said if there are no bids then cancel away but if you put in auction house and somone bids then you should be **** out of luck! Do you think it's possible at an actual Auction to say nvm I can get more money so I changed my mind after the bidding has already started? Doesn't work like that
Two of the phones I won the bidding off newer eBay sellers for a very good price ended up this way. They got cold feet after their item sold for a ***tty price, eBay even makes it difficult/impossible to give these people a bad rating. The bidding went this way because they had no idea how to make a sensible auction description and people shy away from new idiot sellers. Yes I did get my money back, eventually, but it tied up my irl money for about a month and a half and two months.

And that's a problem in Celtic heroes also, noobs put an item worth 50 or 100k with a starting price of 1g and a win time when few people are online because they don't know how auctions work. Or people who troll this way, only to cancel at the last few seconds.

Maybe sellers need a rating that gives you an xp point for each completed sale next to a defaulted sales number. Then you would feel more confident bidding on items from a reliable seller.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I'd like the option to set an auto-bid feature up to a certain price. I'd happily deposit whatever my max bid for the item is rather than miss an item I want because it happened to expire durIng my non-play hours.
It is frustrating having to interrupt gameplay to fly back and re-bid. And often you just can't if camping.
Ta 180 Druid, Keri 191 Mage, June 102 Warrior, Rex 182 Rogue
Proud AvaloNian

You'd expect a late release of a simple concept to be flawless. Wrong!

"Very Short"; "Short"; "Medium"... who thought of this? Is it not easier to go the normal way and put precise times using numbers?
And how about sorting the items by date descending instead of just having a big mess?
And of course people should never be able to cancel their auction last minute. Cancelling is ok but not after a certain delay

Still a great feature since it helps sell items (even though I dislike part of the money being taken away), but it isn't like it's a completely new concept that has never been thought of before, which is why you wouldn't expect to find such weird and obvious defects...

I'd like the option to set an auto-bid feature up to a certain price. I'd happily deposit whatever my max bid for the item is rather than miss an item I want because it happened to expire durIng my non-play hours.
It is frustrating having to interrupt gameplay to fly back and re-bid. And often you just can't if camping.
+1 to auto bid feature. Asap please :-)