Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

Didn't read other comments but I believe it should be between a few servers like a server merge would. I'd rather that over a server merge since then players could still have the trading aspect of more players but with less people clogging bosses. +1
LIR
Shea Souffle level 100 Warrior.
Grendel level 155 Rogue.
Dreo level 96 Druid.
Aardi Level 80 Ranger

Eh, also a secret lv158 Warrior.

Proud Gen of Hurt.

Didn't read other comments but I believe it should be between a few servers like a server merge would. I'd rather that over a server merge since then players could still have the trading aspect of more players but with less people clogging bosses. +1
Server merge would be aweful as would combining economies. Talk about lag and economy problems. A change in supply and demand like that would cripple many of the servers economies. Some people would prosper by quickly selling stuff to take advantage of high demand low supply but in the end everything would crumble.... Ideas like this are not new at all, the reason that this hasn't ever happened and won't is because OTM recognizes what a disaster it would be.
Cross server trading is dumb. It introduces a lot more issues than perceived benefits. Each world has a different rate of advancement, and economics. It may work in other games but not CH. Good decision by OTM not to listen to Runescapers.
I bet 90% of the raid gear/dl and edl quest items going through the auction house would come from Epona. Good for the rest of us but terrible for Epona. -1
Yep I can see a big problem with raid gear being sold across servers if this were to be a platform wide auction house.
Will each server have their own auction house, or will it be a platform-wide auction house? What are your thoughts of one AH shared across all servers per platform (iOS or Android)?
You must be new here. Que the rage posts.
Some quick thoughts of my own regarding a single, shared AH:
  • * This would go a long way toward balancing the economies across worlds; would this be good or bad? (pros and cons here I am sure.)

Bad overall. Each world has a different economy and it would crash many of them to suddenly mix after years of isolation.
  • * The prices of common necessities like lixes would be normalized across all servers
    * This would help balance out times when some servers currently experience scarcity of needed items, resulting in crazy prices.

* This would allow all worlds the opportunity of gaining rare items that may currently be non-existant or scarce on some servers.
* This could speed up the buying and selling process for items that would move more slowly in a single server, as the market would be much larger.
Except when everyone does this on all worlds it removes any benefit.
* people that want to transfer items between worlds could now do it safely
[/list]
Except you can't. If you put a low price someone could snipe it before you can buy it, for a high price you might just have well bought it in trade. You can more or less safely do it now by selling items for gold and xfering it in many small amounts. You can only be scammed a small sum then.

Will probably have more thoughts to add later...
Nothing good will come from a merge of the servers economies.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Server economies isn't the problem. Yea it cripples server economies but that won't matter because the cross server economy would flourish and every world would gain off of it which is a big positive for many reasons. What makes it a bad idea is that you got worlds full of strict clan rules that limits your ability to do what you want with items that "belong" to the clan, and then there is Epona, the odd ball lol. Epona would instantly become a breeding ground for those looking for gear that can't be sold on their own servers, sucking Epona dry while others gain.
Last edited by GhostlyBlaze15 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Server economies isn't the problem. Yea it cripples server economies but that won't matter because the cross server economy would flourish and every world would gain off of it which is a big positive for many reasons. What makes it a bad idea is that you got worlds full of strict clan rules that limits your ability to do what you want with items that "belong" to the clan, and then there is Epona, the odd ball lol. Epona would instantly become a breeding ground for those looking for gear that can't be sold on their own servers, sucking Epona dry.
That too
Bob The God

Server economies isn't the problem. Yea it cripples server economies but that won't matter because the cross server economy would flourish and every world would gain off of it which is a big positive for many reasons. What makes it a bad idea is that you got worlds full of strict clan rules that limits your ability to do what you want with items that "belong" to the clan, and then there is Epona, the odd ball lol. Epona would instantly become a breeding ground for those looking for gear that can't be sold on their own servers, sucking Epona dry while others gain.
Economics is a broad term, it just doesn't mean prices of items, rare or otherwise. The Epona scenario also falls under economics, akin to Trade. It's like a a country that exports all its goods to other counties without its countrymen being able to buy it from their own.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Hahaha I used to be in Epona and everyone just sold anything to anyone and everyone was happy. What a shock I got when I switched to Lir where everyone hides drags in their clan banks
Still? Pretty much anyone that plays now a days can solo falg. What's the point of hoarding drags.
Bob The God

Or we could just have one giant game.. no servers just one.
you're missing the beauty of servers. Each server (more or less) operates differently. Epona has rolling and an open market, Arawn and Crom have DKP bidding, Danu (from what i remember) clan kills but rolls inside of clan for drops, and Avalon does (not going to go into detail because i know i will butcher it). Each server has a different economy and play style. Although when you first join you don't really know what you are getting into later in the game you can xfer servers and find one that fits your playing style.

If OTM could legitimize Cross server trades (not transfering items accross servers but say i could trade a blue coven on arawn (not like I ever ever would) for 300k gold on crom) would legitimize world xfers more so.

IMO keep servers and keep each server seperate. It allows for more options in the game.
Bob The God

Auction House will be per server trading on launch.

There are currently no plans to make it cross-server, largely due to server economies.

platform wide is only way to go...why kill a great idea and send it down into deadend street. when this game is trying to aspire to a worldwide gaming audiences.
otm please don't be fooled by players claiming it affects "server economies"...those players are choking there own servers into a depression anyways.

otm you now got the perfect opportunity now to actually start a transitional phase...to venture into cross server trialing and monetize it.
for me on a personal level factor is you would get a lot more players staying longer and playing different servers location with new toons ...just because it's 100percent safe to trade over my gear n fash.

that's what a lot of players would use it for, not to sell anything.....that's nothing to do with economies.

simply put...it would be a international mailbox. (with a plat type premium attached).

do it now to avoid wasting valuable coding time in the future.
Last edited by Lawsdog222 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.