Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

so basically your agreeing that server only auction house is a complete waste of time then bud.
that's your point. I've summed it up for you no need for the dramatics.
and I totally agree with you.

ok what's next Einstein to waste otm coding time on...
lmao that isn't what i said. Please read xD
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

so basically your agreeing that server only auction house is a complete waste of time then bud.

lmao that isn't what i said. Please read xD
Strawmanning my arguments won't work bud.
Bob The God

I do not think OTM will ever make it platform wide since it will ruins economies in some worlds and also all the dominante clans on the servers will definitely have disadvantages with it. It will be against the standards where some top clans stands for and might lose some good players/clans because imo people and clans should work for good raid gear and deserve them and not just buying it on the market for gold you bought with IRL money I truly hope more ppl share my opinion about this.

Do not make CH even easier Pay2Win!
Peuleschiltje - level 226 rogue - Chieftain of InnerCircle Rhiannon

I do not think OTM will ever make it platform wide since it will ruins economies in some worlds and also all the dominante clans on the servers will definitely have disadvantages with it. It will be against the standards where some top clans stands for and might lose some good players/clans because imo people and clans should work for good raid gear and deserve them and not just buying it on the market for gold you bought with IRL money I truly hope more ppl share my opinion about this.

Do not make CH even easier Pay2Win!
+1
Bob The God

You completely misunderstood lol, unless you're being sarcastic, then ignore this.

Server only AH is definitely not a waste of time. Doing additional coding to link all the servers and create a mechanism to transfer items would be. I don't need to reiterate the reasons why, bob already went through them in depth.

It's nice to see folks here, even though with disagreeing opinions, participate in an intelligent debate. There is no reason to hurl insults because you can't handle it.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I wouldnt mind a server based auction house lol so I don't have to pay real money to buy end game gear since that's the only way to get it where I play haha with the server based I could just pay gold and buy it easy but yea I understand why they won't make a server based one for obvious reasons but an auction house is very good can log for 1min post what I'm selling then log next day lol makes life easier
----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

A vast majority of MMOs do not have a universal auction house. Each world has their own, and it has worked well for decades. Now who isn't being a realist here?
Nothing wrong with server-only auction house. Less variables that way too.

You can't compare auction house in CH to free trade in the real world lol. The fact that goods are bid on, already makes it a different system. Do you see China and Japan bidding on US exports? No. They are based on trade agreements.
im being a realist in NOT comparing decades old pc gaming platforms.
you cannot compare CH with old PC games. 2 different worlds and generations.

which platform do you play most now?
ok let's keep wasting otm coding time and let's all get more inactive and not try to bring more horizontal content to game...

but I garauntee you a lot more players would log and be active if platform wide. and have better chance to succeed.

and you backing having server only auction house. flunks.

do you agree on that?

I would agree with you what was the point of having wasting all that effort on a server only auction house only....fishing anyone?
:lol: No reason to get passive aggressive. I am not an "old old" player and I still have a decent share of some rare fash and items. On my server more new players have access to rare fash than some old players. Im sorry that you don't feel like spending gold on rare fash and as a result you want OTM to screw up the game to make it easier for you lol. But because you say im saying economy with no idea as to what it entails let me explain...

Economy refers to a delicate balance between supply and demand. Over the past, think it was said, 6 years the IOS servers have found this balance. As a result gold balance per player etc have also balanced. If SK/Xp elixiers on Arawn cost 4k but they may cost 3k on epona. Some may say that is unfair to the 4k servers but it isn't. They cost 4k because of the ammount of players that need the elixirs so the sellers can charge more. If the auction house went cross platform your right prices would balance out over a period of time. But at the start prices would crash. So ya, all those rich old players you hate would be able to swoop in and grab all that cheap fash. Why would it crash you say? Because demand has remained constant. But supply has dramatically increased. When S increases but D remains constant prices crash. (basic Supply Demand Curves). So ya rich collectors with a few mil of gold lying around will be able to pocket more fash from other servers. Sure some people like you and me in the middle class of the game might get a few more rarities but lets be honest with ourselves, the rich will get richer.

The fact that older wealthy players getting wealthier doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is the crash of prices overall. I never sell anything and even I realize how bad this will be. Why? There is a term in economics called "the invisible hand" that brings the economy back to normal. In the Short Run prices collapse dramatically due to the increase in supply and constant demand. But in the Long Run prices will rise. The problems are we do not know the time t that it will take for prices to rise or how fast it will occur. If it is gradual than fine its something the servers could adjust to. But when have price changes ever been gradual in the CH economies. Pet tokens on arawn went from 100k one day, 80k 5 days later, 50k 3 days later. Depending on time zone you may have sold one pet token 80k one day and 50k the next. Or bought. Mount tokens on my server went from 200kplus the day the came out to 100k the next day. This is due to a rise in supply and a drop in demand. reverse this picture and that is what would happen.

Now let's address another point I briefly mentioned above, the gold supply. Each server has a different interpetation on what makes a rich player. On arawn rich is 20m+ for example. (this is a rough estimate). Also because of how prices have been set for the PAST FEW YEARS the individual gold supply from buying and selling in this market becomes normalized. Plat buying can shift this but overall the amount of gold per player becomes some-what normalized, with differences in classes noted. Inflation etc all come into play with this gold supply. A drastic change in prices of goods, or items, would result in massive fluctuations to individual servers gold supply.

Going to take a break to develop this example. Servers like Epona that have massive quanitites of EG items for sale would see an increase in gold supply but a massive decrease in EG items, which would result in the server being less able to kill EG bosses as effectivly. As a result the SUPPLY of EG items has dramatically decreased but the demand due to less players having items that satisfy their EG needs, the DEMAND has increased. As a result Epona's prices for EG gear go from affordable to extremly expensive. And their own server will start to suffer from lack of EG items. Less players will xfer their etc and more will leave. In a dramatic look Epona as a server would crash. Meanwhile other servers like arawn would flourish from the influx of EG items. But since nonEG clans buy EG items more than EG clans this would massivly upset these servers. So in the end Epona ends up with a lot of gold but not a lot of items. Eventually this may balance out by Eponians buying tons of rare fash and mounts, since their gold supply is massivly inflated. But gold only carries worth if there are items to buy with it, but since EG items in this case are lost and epona is the major EG seller, they crash.

Going back to the gold supply. This would hurt middle to old players the most. As they are used to a certain gold supply as good and another as bad. A drop or increase in the gold supply could make their holdings in fash and just gold in general worthless overnight.

This is a basic summary of what we mean by "Economics" Next time instead of dissing us as if we have no idea what we are saying google economics...
Sorry on my phone so can't cut out excerpts well. An economy is not going to crash because xps go up from 3k to 4k or hastes from 3k to 4k. Sure it might get a bit more expensive or cheaper but the ones that can't afford xps at 4k can't afford them at 3k either.

I think you're over estimating how many end game drops would be available from Epona. You're making it sound like there are thousands and thousands of awesome end game drops up for sell.

Obviously it's OTM and they're pretty much going to do what they want to do regardless of our opinions. And now that I think about it, arguing about the ramifications of a video game economy seems just silly.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Sorry on my phone so can't cut out excerpts well. An economy is not going to crash because xps go up from 3k to 4k or hastes from 3k to 4k. Sure it might get a bit more expensive or cheaper but the ones that can't afford xps at 4k can't afford them at 3k either.
I
think you are underestimating. For one lix the difference is negligible but since when is one lix all you need. takes 10 lixs just to level at 210. That is 10k more per level just in expierence lixs. Then we take haste, health, energy add those in. That is another 20k more per level. That is a 30k increase per level. And this is assuming the increase is as small as you say it would be. The whole point is that we know an increase will occur. We don't know how large. And once OTM did something like this it would be irreversible.
Also this is just in plat items, which have the most stable priceline. (that isn't sarcasm). And we are talking about a 30k increase per level for the most stable items in the game.
Now let's look at fash and mounts. These items have prices that widly fluctuate over time. Changing from 30k for example a red set during event to 1m a few events later (in this example using arawns price for red lanrik). or a set that was 250k during event to being worth over 8m (black hunter on arawn).
I think you're over estimating how many end game drops would be available from Epona. You're making it sound like there are thousands and thousands of awesome end game drops up for sell.
Not really. Epona is an IOS server, thus been around for 6 years. Let's use mordy to present for EG timeline that is 3 years. Every 4 days (maximum) mordy would spawn. that is with old timers. That is 1095 drops over 3 years minimum. Add another thousand for necro, another thousand for hrung. That is 3k eg drops. This doesn't even include hrung or proteus.
Now also the fact is that epona doesn't have "thousands" of drops. So losing the few that they currently have on active toons would be detrimental. But the point is that they have a lot, but they don't have enough where selling off a few hundred or even 100 to other servers wouldn't impact their dps/support on EG bosses.
Obviously it's OTM and they're pretty much going to do what they want to do regardless of our opinions. And now that I think about it, arguing about the ramifications of a video game economy seems just silly.
Eh. If a large majority of the community says no they probably would take that into account. With this matter there are more people saying and giving arguments as to the faults of this than for the benefits. This is an old issue, and time and time again people argue against it.
Bob The God