Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

#31
AoifaS wrote:
bob the mage wrote:
SheaSouffle wrote:Hahaha I used to be in Epona and everyone just sold anything to anyone and everyone was happy. What a shock I got when I switched to Lir where everyone hides drags in their clan banks


Still? Pretty much anyone that plays now a days can solo falg. What's the point of hoarding drags.


That's a difference between iOS and Android. Android still rakes in tons of newbs climbing the ranks. On Donn, Falg is camped almost constantly by a clan or two and Drags are sold for 15k-30k each, huge sums of gold for the players who need those drops.

I'm for cross-server, cross-platform AH trading. iOS would rake in the gold bc of the years of accumulated useless stuff they have that Android has never even seen and would become immediate status symbols. But that's just my guess.

OTM, if you want to test run the system, why not make a cross-server/platform AH fash only? That way, the only thing that may take a hit is people's pocketbooks. Or not. See what happens.


Oh shoot, I read Lir but didn't compute andorid server.

As for the second part that would crash IOS economy and devastate the servers. There have been so many pots on this thread as to why that is a bad idea.
Gwydion - Guardian of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 224 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

CD Swapping since 2016

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

#32
bob the mage wrote:
AoifaS wrote:
bob the mage wrote:
Still? Pretty much anyone that plays now a days can solo falg. What's the point of hoarding drags.


That's a difference between iOS and Android. Android still rakes in tons of newbs climbing the ranks. On Donn, Falg is camped almost constantly by a clan or two and Drags are sold for 15k-30k each, huge sums of gold for the players who need those drops.

I'm for cross-server, cross-platform AH trading. iOS would rake in the gold bc of the years of accumulated useless stuff they have that Android has never even seen and would become immediate status symbols. But that's just my guess.

OTM, if you want to test run the system, why not make a cross-server/platform AH fash only? That way, the only thing that may take a hit is people's pocketbooks. Or not. See what happens.


Oh shoot, I read Lir but didn't compute andorid server.

As for the second part that would crash IOS economy and devastate the servers. There have been so many pots on this thread as to why that is a bad idea.


No there haven't. Epona was the only one that was specifically mentioned because of raid drops being sold. Please define economy without mentioning the .0001% that own rare fashion and mounts.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

#33
Zyz wrote:
bob the mage wrote:
AoifaS wrote:
That's a difference between iOS and Android. Android still rakes in tons of newbs climbing the ranks. On Donn, Falg is camped almost constantly by a clan or two and Drags are sold for 15k-30k each, huge sums of gold for the players who need those drops.

I'm for cross-server, cross-platform AH trading. iOS would rake in the gold bc of the years of accumulated useless stuff they have that Android has never even seen and would become immediate status symbols. But that's just my guess.

OTM, if you want to test run the system, why not make a cross-server/platform AH fash only? That way, the only thing that may take a hit is people's pocketbooks. Or not. See what happens.


Oh shoot, I read Lir but didn't compute andorid server.

As for the second part that would crash IOS economy and devastate the servers. There have been so many pots on this thread as to why that is a bad idea.


No there haven't. Epona was the only one that was specifically mentioned because of raid drops being sold. Please define economy without mentioning the .0001% that own rare fashion and mounts.


To quote myself...
bob the mage wrote:
Lawsdog222 wrote:
Muldar wrote:Auction House will be per server trading on launch.

There are currently no plans to make it cross-server, largely due to server economies.



cross server is only way to go...why kill a great idea and send it down into deadend street. when this game is trying to aspire to a worldwide gaming audiences.
otm please don't be fooled by players claiming it affects "server economies"...those players are choking there own servers into a depression anyways.

otm you now got the perfect opportunity now to actually start a transitional phase...to venture into cross server trialing and monetize it.
for me on a personal level factor is you would get a lot more players staying longer and playing different servers location with new toons ...just because it's 100percent safe to trade over my gear n fash.

that's what a lot of players would use it for, not to sell anything.....that's nothing to do with economies.

simply put...it would be a international mailbox. (with a plat type premium attached).


Read the rest of the thread please.... But I will repost the arguments as to why the idea of a cross-server system would fail....

bob the mage wrote:
SheaSouffle wrote:Didn't read other comments but I believe it should be between a few servers like a server merge would. I'd rather that over a server merge since then players could still have the trading aspect of more players but with less people clogging bosses. +1


Server merge would be aweful as would combining economies. Talk about lag and economy problems. A change in supply and demand like that would cripple many of the servers economies. Some people would prosper by quickly selling stuff to take advantage of high demand low supply but in the end everything would crumble.... Ideas like this are not new at all, the reason that this hasn't ever happened and won't is because OTM recognizes what a disaster it would be.

Aileron wrote: Cross server trading is dumb. It introduces a lot more issues than perceived benefits. Each world has a different rate of advancement, and economics. It may work in other games but not CH. Good decision by OTM not to listen to Runescapers.


Curry30423 wrote:Yep I can see a big problem with raid gear being sold across servers if this were to be a platform wide auction house.


Plus3 wrote:You must be new here. Que the rage posts.
Bad overall. Each world has a different economy and it would crash many of them to suddenly mix after years of isolation.
Except when everyone does this on all worlds it removes any benefit.
Except you can't. If you put a low price someone could snipe it before you can buy it, for a high price you might just have well bought it in trade. You can more or less safely do it now by selling items for gold and xfering it in many small amounts. You can only be scammed a small sum then.


Nothing good will come from a merge of the servers economies.
Gwydion - Guardian of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 224 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

CD Swapping since 2016

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

#35
bob the mage wrote:Please read whole thread before you chime in


You're requoting all the things that have already been said. The thing is no one knows for sure how it would impact things because it hasn't been done before. Even if you say it will crash economies 900000 times it doesn't make it true.

1. Most servers aren't selling raid drops. And the number of raid drops that do get sold are low because they are items that players dont want. As I've said before, it's not like you're going to have a bunch of void moon helms and gele daggers flooding the servers. You'll have a few spears, a few helms, etc spread out over how many servers between ios and Android?

2. Collectors of Rares might be concerned because some servers might end up with some extra hunter or lanrik fashion or perhaps a couple extra brooms of doom. The number of players that have rares compared to those that don't are small in number.

3. The hardest hit would possibly be competition between servers for plat items like heroic haste that seems to always be in short supply.

So, again, someone show me exactly how this would 'ruin' economies and not just a 'well prices are different on different servers and it would cripple some servers'. That's a really generic statement without factual basis.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

#36
We are missing the bigger, simpler pictures here.

1. Laws and economic structures simply reify the status quo. Ghost alluded to this: the few with control of the rare, well ... they want to keep it rare. There's no crash; quite the contrary, there's balancing that happens when countries open borders to allow free trade. And those who complain the loudest are typically those with the most to lose - their personal economies (bank accounts with paper profits) would crash; they would lose relative dominance. So it is clear: the majority would gain short term. However, new economic structures would arise over time (several possibilities occur to me how to create weath in a cross-server world where you could specialize in one to supply others and become relatively dominant again, and likely the existing dominants would be among the next-gen post-auction dominants, but there's no use detailing any of these power structures now because its a truism in the abstract and not currently possibly by fact that there is no cross-server auction currently).

2. Admin would likely gain from the cross-platform auction in the short term, as platinum is bought to convert to gold (in each server's current way) to raise thr capital needed to buy, buy, buy!

If someone wishes to debate inflation, stagflation and more nuanced economic fears, I am game to entertain these discussions. But time has proven that free-trade offers more growth, more balancing and more room for reinvention by the 99% when cornered in their economies. Room for play is what economies need to breathe, catch fire and innovate in many hungry new ways. This game is the same way :)

Just my two cents. Wont buy you much unless you have your own vision for investment xD
OTM: 6s+ running iOS 10.3

gingerkhan (warrior) 200+ .. agent99 (rogue) 200+
ancient member of craven .. current member of ancients

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

#37
gingerk wrote:We are missing the bigger, simpler pictures here.

1. Laws and economic structures simply reify the status quo. Ghost alluded to this: the few with control of the rare, well ... they want to keep it rare. There's no crash; quite the contrary, there's balancing that happens when countries open borders to allow free trade. And those who complain the loudest are typically those with the most to lose - their personal economies (bank accounts with paper profits) would crash; they would lose relative dominance. So it is clear: the majority would gain short term. However, new economic structures would arise over time (several possibilities occur to me how to create weath in a cross-server world where you could specialize in one to supply others and become relatively dominant again, and likely the existing dominants would be among the next-gen post-auction dominants, but there's no use detailing any of these power structures now because its a truism in the abstract and not currently possibly by fact that there is no cross-server auction currently).

2. Admin would likely gain from the cross-platform auction in the short term, as platinum is bought to convert to gold (in each server's current way) to raise thr capital needed to buy, buy, buy!

If someone wishes to debate inflation, stagflation and more nuanced economic fears, I am game to entertain these discussions. But time has proven that free-trade offers more growth, more balancing and more room for reinvention by the 99% when cornered in their economies. Room for play is what economies need to breathe, catch fire and innovate in many hungry new ways. This game is the same way :)

Just my two cents. Wont buy you much unless you have your own vision for investment xD


There is no reason to make server economies the same. Whatever for? Each server already has a different set of rules, different set of rares, different plat items supply, different pace in raid boss progression etc.
Why would OTM want to ruin the diversity of each server that has grown organically over the last 6 years?

Servers who do not have plenty of plat buyers will not encourage (or perhaps 'force' is more appropriate term) players more to buy plat, because plat items from other worlds would be available anyway. I don't see how that would be beneficial to OTM.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

#38
server economies would be the same if platform wide?..absolute rubbish. that's whole point of a auction house. (there is enuff variables in the game)

due to the diff servers attitudes that have (organically been) made like you say. so we are all different as is.
it's exactly same in the real world, cultures ,development rates ratios etc etc..no country is the same and never will be due to this..but countries still trade with each other be it differently.

but...

platform wide provides a new challenge for all players alike...which is exciting and fun and what this game/player needs drastically for horizontal content.

that's the part your afraid of.

I couldn't care about my fash gear rares collection organic server values...I just want to give auction house the best chance to actually work.

I'm not afraid of it.

otm benefit is more players would login and be active on the platform wide auction house (that's the whole point)

nobody is going to login with server restricted auction house are they let's be a realist here?
or do you want to carry on with totally restricted app server (even clan only) markets for life? ffs.

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

#39
Lawsdog222 wrote:server economies would be the same if platform wide?..absolute rubbish. that's whole point of a auction house. (there is enuff variables in the game)

due to the diff servers attitudes that have (organically been) made like you say. so we are all different as is.
it's exactly same in the real world, cultures ,development rates ratios etc etc..no country is the same and never will be due to this..but countries still trade with each other be it differently.

but...

platform wide provides a new challenge for all players alike...which is exciting and fun and what this game/player needs drastically for horizontal content.

that's the part your afraid of.

I couldn't care about my fash gear rares collection organic server values...I just want to give auction house the best chance to actually work.

I'm not afraid of it.

otm benefit is more players would login and be active on the platform wide auction house (that's the whole point)

nobody is going to login with server restricted auction house are they let's be a realist here?
or do you want to carry on with totally restricted app server (even clan only) markets for life? ffs.


A vast majority of MMOs do not have a universal auction house. Each world has their own, and it has worked well for decades. Now who isn't being a realist here?
Nothing wrong with server-only auction house. Less variables that way too.

You can't compare auction house in CH to free trade in the real world lol. The fact that goods are bid on, already makes it a different system. Do you see China and Japan bidding on US exports? No. They are based on trade agreements.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

#40
Aileron wrote:
Lawsdog222 wrote:server economies would be the same if platform wide?..absolute rubbish. that's whole point of a auction house. (there is enuff variables in the game)

due to the diff servers attitudes that have (organically been) made like you say. so we are all different as is.
it's exactly same in the real world, cultures ,development rates ratios etc etc..no country is the same and never will be due to this..but countries still trade with each other be it differently.

but...

platform wide provides a new challenge for all players alike...which is exciting and fun and what this game/player needs drastically for horizontal content.

that's the part your afraid of.

I couldn't care about my fash gear rares collection organic server values...I just want to give auction house the best chance to actually work.

I'm not afraid of it.

otm benefit is more players would login and be active on the platform wide auction house (that's the whole point)

nobody is going to login with server restricted auction house are they let's be a realist here?
or do you want to carry on with totally restricted app server (even clan only) markets for life? ffs.


A vast majority of MMOs do not have a universal auction house. Each world has their own, and it has worked well for decades. Now who isn't being a realist here?
Nothing wrong with server-only auction house. Less variables that way too.

You can't compare auction house in CH to free trade in the real world lol. The fact that goods are bid on, already makes it a different system. Do you see China and Japan bidding on US exports? No. They are based on trade agreements.


im being a realist in NOT comparing decades old pc gaming platforms.
you cannot compare CH with old PC games. 2 different worlds and generations.

which platform do you play most now?
ok let's keep wasting otm coding time and let's all get more inactive and not try to bring more horizontal content to game...

but I garauntee you a lot more players would log and be active if platform wide. and have better chance to succeed.

and you backing having server only auction house. flunks.

do you agree on that?

I would agree with you what was the point of having wasting all that effort on a server only auction house only....fishing anyone?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eragon123, FrozenMyth and 26 guests