Kril wrote:Will each server have their own auction house, or will it be a platform-wide auction house? What are your thoughts of one AH shared across all servers per platform (iOS or Android)?
You must be new here. Que the rage posts.
Some quick thoughts of my own regarding a single, shared AH:
* This would go a long way toward balancing the economies across worlds; would this be good or bad? (pros and cons here I am sure.)
Bad overall. Each world has a different economy and it would crash many of them to suddenly mix after years of isolation.
* The prices of common necessities like lixes would be normalized across all servers
* This would help balance out times when some servers currently experience scarcity of needed items, resulting in crazy prices.
* This would allow all worlds the opportunity of gaining rare items that may currently be non-existant or scarce on some servers.
* This could speed up the buying and selling process for items that would move more slowly in a single server, as the market would be much larger.
Except when everyone does this on all worlds it removes any benefit.
* people that want to transfer items between worlds could now do it safely
Except you can't. If you put a low price someone could snipe it before you can buy it, for a high price you might just have well bought it in trade. You can more or less safely do it now by selling items for gold and xfering it in many small amounts. You can only be scammed a small sum then.
Will probably have more thoughts to add later...